Legacy Man

How much did you spend on Lego in 2011?

Add me to the too much/I have no clue club. Though since I grabbed a ton last year (since coming back to Lego), I shouldn't come anywhere close to that this upcoming year. Granted I already started the year with the Joust set.

2011 was light compared to 2010. I haven't really kept track but I would guess I spent between $500-$1000.

Well, this year is starting off bad, or good, depends on your perspective. :tongue: I haven't spent any money on LEGO so far.

In 2011, about $1200, mostly modular buildings and city sets, Maersk, etc.

My wife decided to hop aboard the L train, so it'll probably be at least that much for 2012.

Not enough!! My two girls love the new Police staion and all the new kits that go with it but now having seen the new friends range....Oh dear far too much Pink for my liking. However, Wife and I are expecting a son in February though so that is changing big time. Always wanted a train set so there is some serious spending happening at the Lego shop very soon.

:laugh::laugh:

I just got back into Lego may 2011, and been collecting old discontinued castles which can be a bit pricey. (Thread here http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64483 )

On top of this I bought some Xmas sets, Technics, whatever thats on a big sale, and gifts for other people.

I'd say I spent about $2000 Canadian in 2011.

2012 will probably be lower because I don't have to hunt for large old sets on ebay anymore.

Far too much over £1400 but i also sold about £800 and have ended up with a massive collection, :)

Edited by spzero

2011 was a busy year for me. After a 20 year break from LEGO i couldn't believe how much detail there was now, the modular sets blew me away. I'm guessing i spent around $8,000 this year. No regrets, i love LEGO!

A more appropriate metric will be what percentage of your annual income you spend on Lego. That will also prove how much fanatic one is about Lego :tongue:

A more appropriate metric will be what percentage of your annual income you spend on Lego. That will also prove how much fanatic one is about Lego :tongue:

Ha, very true. I didn't keep track last year, but this year I'm trying to only spend "free money" - tips, bonuses, gifts, VIP points - so as a percentage of my income it will technically be... 0%. :tongue:

$11 on 2011 sets+$12 on 2012 sets=$23 *oh2* - the rest were gifts, or newer/older sets I got in 2012. I think that is the lowest I spent in a while.

Tally up:

-$6 on CMF Series 5 packs (12/17/11)

-$11 on 5882 Ambush Attack (11/23/11)

-$5 on 2516 Ninja Training Outpost (January 2011)

7279 Police Minifigure collection was about to make the cut, but I brought that on 12/31/10. :grin:

Edited by just2good

2012 is not starting off well for preserving my new 2012 motto of " less spending, more building" . I've already spent a bunch at the LEGOland PAB area, Bricklink, eBay and between the mini Modulars getting another Fire Brigade and the new Town Hall last week and wanting another Grand Emporium to make a 16 wide without disassembling my GE. Things are looking expensive this year. Then the peek at the haunted looking house in the TH video. No, things are not looking good for my new motto.

I need to read my sig line more often :blush:

Andy D

It was truly a mixed year... 30 for PAB in February, 25 for the Fishing Boat, 40 for the PAB in July that finished my Depot, 80 for a mix-n-match in FOTM 2011, 120 for Maersk, 45 for other stuff, and 25 for a half off PQ.

So in total, $365, more or less, unless I forgot other stuff. But then I sold about 120 off.

Its been probably 20 years since I last played with Lego and I just have the sudden interest in Lego when my 2 year old received a Duplo set as a gift during Thanksgiving 2011. I did not think much of it but as I started playing with him, memories of Lego came back to me. Its strange because we never had any Lego sets when I was younger, it was mostly bulk loads of lego pieces that I have no idea where they came from other then that I had a whole bunch to play with.

Next thing I know during this past christmas of 2011, I bought lets just say quitte a few sets for myself from some basic to a couple of pirate ships. Almost ended up with the London Tower Bridget but passed on that since the last box on the shelf was so beat up. I think I spent close to $1000 in a 30 day period and I'm kind of scared how much I'll be further spending going towards the future! Each set has been a pleasure to build and I have a guilty feeling neglecting household chores to "play"!

I probably spent a couple of grand overall, perhaps a bit less. As much as I could I tried to buy on sale/clearance to stretch my dollars.

In regard to to mostly have 'just pieces' back in the day, many early sets were 'just pieces'. When I was growing up the early LEGO me and brother had was mostly used garage sale/flea market finds, it was a treat to get a new set.

After reviewing my books for 2011 I found that over $10k was spent... A bit more than I should have... This years is off to a similar way with $2.5k down. Hopefully now that I am only collecting current sets, this year, I hope I spend less default_classic.gif

I haven't kept a record but well in excess of £500 GBP which might not be a lot considering the cost of Lego these days but my budget is tiny. Actually thinking about it, it's probably close to £1,000. Amazing how little Bricklink orders mount up.