Sign in to follow this  
Lobot

MOC Bespin Cloudy City

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Yes, I admit it, I’m just a little bit obsessed by all things Cloud City :wub:

A couple of months ago I started to ‘bricklink’ Lego’s own 10123, but after collecting about 90% of the parts (and spending approx £75, with about the same needed again to complete it) I realised that the final result wouldn’t match my expectations. So, I’ve decided to try & build my own version.

This is very much a ‘work in progress’ and I need to order a lot more parts before I can finish this section, but I thought you might like to see a few photos. This is what I originally had planned for my ESB CB, but I didn’t have enough spare parts to attempt it. I’ll probably tweak the design a bit, so any suggestions would be appreciated!

I’m hoping to build the different sections (gantry, carbonite chamber, dining room, corridor & the landing pad) although I’m putting the pad off until last as the construction of a decent circle in Lego has got me a bit stressed! Speed of the build will depend on finances & my ability to sneak more orders past Mrs Lobot :wink: but I’m hoping to finish most of it by the end of this year.

C & C welcome.

1st version of Carbonite chamber (modular style):

1.jpg

Front entrance:

2.jpg

Daylight detail:

3.jpg

Edit: updated photos

Edited by Lobot

This is a nice little MOC with some good detail! Sorry I'm not real familiar with Cloud City to offer any suggestions, but keep up the good work and it will look great!

Edited by Dapper-D2

Really looking great so far.. I like the detail you have already....Can't wait to see more...Question, do you have other sets to steal parts from? or are you like me and not touch them....lol

Great work lobot, keep it up. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Looks promising :) I like how you have added the protruding bulkheads in the hallway and the floor detailing. Looking forward to seing the other modules :thumbup:

Looks great, but I remember the walls on either side of the door leading onto the walkway being slanted, like this.

BTW, here is a decent circle, just make it larger. :wink:

6643915827_583d4514e4_z.jpg

That's really nice Lobot :thumbup:. I love all the detailing on the inside and especialy the little walk way/platform thing. That BUTP is a bit out of place though, it would look better if you used the new canopy from the new TIE Fighter (If you can get it :grin:).

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, really appreciated. I also forgot yesterday to thank the-bricking-builder, Jamie75 & JackJonespaw for their suggestions regarding the landing pad design; I'll brave it at some point this year!

Really looking great so far.. I like the detail you have already....Can't wait to see more...Question, do you have other sets to steal parts from? or are you like me and not touch them....lol

I can't bear to break up any of my own sets for this, so I'm using parts ordered from 'Pick a Brick' etc. Most of my collection is hidden away in their boxes, as I'm a bit OCD about such things! My current SW sets are as follows: 10179, 10221, 10212, 10178, 7965, 8097, 8129 (ordered!), 8097, 7749, 8083, 8084, 7113, 7110, 8092, 7929 & 7119 :wub:

Looking good so far Lobot.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Can't wait to see how big this'll end up being :grin:

Looks good so far. Can't wait to see "finished". But, seeing it come together over time, will cool too.

As for the ideas, NP, anything I can do to help, just ask. I could work on a bigger one for you.

Jamie

Having seen LDD StoutFile's version of Cloud City :wub: I thought that it might be fun to try & create a 'modular' design (and it will hopefully end up considerably smaller & less expensive than my original plan!) so I've started again from scratch.

I've updated the first post with a new photo of the carbonite chamber; I'll add some more of this section tomorrow although it's still a WIP. I'm quite pleased with this so far although I'm debating re-building it in black, and using trans-orange rather than trans-neon orange; ideas, C & C welcome! :classic:

Looking good, love the lighting and your C-3PO backpack. Real bricks are always better than a LDD file so I'll be following this closely.

I would suggest both a button and antenna (throw switch) on the carbonite control panel over two tiled pieces, but it's not a big deal. Reference

Edited by StoutFiles