commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

The way it looks here in Oz......I think HP has outsold SW ! :sing:

Many toy sections in department stores and even some toy shops, can not keep Harry and Co. on their shelves, with Kmart in Oz put HP on clearance (just like they did with pirates after 1 month). :hmpf:

I might just make a phone call to Lego in Sydney and ask some questions......keep on casting spells ! :grin:

The way it looks here in Oz......I think HP has outsold SW ! :sing:

Many toy sections in department stores and even some toy shops, can not keep Harry and Co. on their shelves, with Kmart in Oz put HP on clearance (just like they did with pirates after 1 month). :hmpf:

I might just make a phone call to Lego in Sydney and ask some questions......keep on casting spells ! :grin:

PLEASE do!!! I have been trying to get the quidditch match since late november and cannot find it ANYWHERE! If you, or anyone else ses it please tell me haha.

With these kinds of amazing sales I'm sure that this next wave will not be the last in the HP line... just imagine what we might see next!

I really like the look of the battle as well. Although, you know, Lucius... But the rest of it looks great! If we get a small COS in it then we pretty much have all the sets required for the chamber of secrets story, willow aside.

EXCITED!

Finally! At last all of the heads of house have been released! Shame we couldn't get a Slughorn, though. :sceptic:

How many other Death Eaters are there though? We've had Lestrange and Greyback in the burrow, Snape at Hogwarts, and I believe there was a rumor that Nicarssia would be in the Forbidden Forest set (though I'd take that rumor with a pinch of salt). And besides, we haven't had a Malfoy since the Graveyard Duel, it'll be a nice chance for people new to this genre of Lego to get a few more characters.

Narcissa isn't a death eater, she's only married to one and this will be Lucius's third set appearance since they brought back Harry Potter, not his first. And there are other death eaters, Yaxley, Mcnair, Dolohov, the Carrows, and more too.

It seems FBTB is only for Star Wars.

Since I don't know, 2003 or 2004 FBTB has given us one of the web's best reports on covering the NY Toy Fair, plenty of really good images and descriptions of each and every Lego Theme that's displayed in this fair. I urge to check out previous years' reports.

Narcissa isn't a death eater, she's only married to one and this will be Lucius's third set appearance since they brought back Harry Potter, not his first. And there are other death eaters, Yaxley, Mcnair, Dolohov, the Carrows, and more too.

Excelent Point Luna ! Narcissa only cooperated but was never branded with the dark mark and was therefor never considered as a Death Eater. Besides, I don't know if Yaxley, McNair, Dolohow, the Carrows, The Lestranges, Nott or Greyback are going to be important fighters during the Battle for Hogwarts. it all depends off the film. I do However really think they could have made a random Death eater and throw him in, just as they did for the Order fo the Phoenix set. Well, I guess creating a new minifigure is expensive for TLG but I think we all agree that Lucius malfoy is really over-used in the new sets.

I wonder if this set will come with some mandrakes for Neville and Sprout to throw from the towers? And I'm assuming one tower is Ravenclaw tower and the other room of requirement...I hope it comes with the diadem and have it actually fit around the minifigures' hair so we don't have to have them be bald to wear it.

Excelent Point Luna ! Narcissa only cooperated but was never branded with the dark mark and was therefor never considered as a Death Eater. Besides, I don't know if Yaxley, McNair, Dolohow, the Carrows, The Lestranges, Nott or Greyback are going to be important fighters during the Battle for Hogwarts. it all depends off the film. I do However really think they could have made a random Death eater and throw him in, just as they did for the Order fo the Phoenix set. Well, I guess creating a new minifigure is expensive for TLG but I think we all agree that Lucius malfoy is really over-used in the new sets.

I agree that the set could've had just a generic death eater. I would've been pleased to also have seen a re-designed Trewlaney from when she drops the crystal ball on Greyback? Provided they keep that in the movie. It also would've been nice to get a Slughorn, but who knows, maybe he'll be the exclusive minifigure in the building the magical world book?

I feel like this set lacks detail.

How? The towers look like they could have come with the 4th Hogwarts Castle. Plus no interior shots yet

I wonder if this set will come with some mandrakes for Neville and Sprout to throw from the towers? And I'm assuming one tower is Ravenclaw tower and the other room of requirement...I hope it comes with the diadem and have it actually fit around the minifigures' hair so we don't have to have them be bald to wear it.

I agree that the set could've had just a generic death eater. I would've been pleased to also have seen a re-designed Trewlaney from when she drops the crystal ball on Greyback? Provided they keep that in the movie. It also would've been nice to get a Slughorn, but who knows, maybe he'll be the exclusive minifigure in the building the magical world book?

Ah, A Trewlaney would have been lovely ! I have the old version of it, and the only thing I don't like is that she only has a hat, no hair ! She never wears a hat in the movies, I Guess LEGO wanted to go cheap with that probably. About Slughorn, I think it is a bit unlikely to get him as the Mistery Figure. I was more thinking of a redesigned figure, why not a generic Death Eater for instance :laugh:

As for the Set itself, I'd love to have a ravenklaw tower, with a bit of luck, we'll get some Ravenklaw Stickers or something like that to use them in our MOC's. The Room of requirement would be nice, as LEGO totally ruined it in the Order of the Phoenix set in my opinion. :hmpf_bad:

I beg the directors to keep the Crystal Ball throwing scene ! I remember listening to that scene in the AudioBooks. We ( family ) were all sitting in the living room watching TV, I was sitting on the couch, listening to the AudioBook with my earsphones in. When I heard that scene I laughed out loud, and everybody thought I turned crazy as we were watching a drama Series... :tongue:

Ah, A Trewlaney would have been lovely ! I have the old version of it, and the only thing I don't like is that she only has a hat, no hair ! She never wears a hat in the movies, I Guess LEGO wanted to go cheap with that probably. About Slughorn, I think it is a bit unlikely to get him as the Mistery Figure. I was more thinking of a redesigned figure, why not a generic Death Eater for instance :laugh:

As for the Set itself, I'd love to have a ravenklaw tower, with a bit of luck, we'll get some Ravenklaw Stickers or something like that to use them in our MOC's. The Room of requirement would be nice, as LEGO totally ruined it in the Order of the Phoenix set in my opinion. :hmpf_bad:

I beg the directors to keep the Crystal Ball throwing scene ! I remember listening to that scene in the AudioBooks. We ( family ) were all sitting in the living room watching TV, I was sitting on the couch, listening to the AudioBook with my earsphones in. When I heard that scene I laughed out loud, and everybody thought I turned crazy as we were watching a drama Series... :tongue:

I have trewlaney too! and on brickipedia it says she has the same hair in the videogame as Winnie or something from indiana jones but when I looked at her minifgure and compared it to trewlaney in the game, it didn't look the same really. And I've seen the ootp castle and deeply regret not getting in 2007. And yeah the room of requirement in that set was pretty lame. If I recall it only had like a target and barrel for wands or something like that? Yeah and I really want thestrals and mandrakes and umbridge. I wish they'd re-release it! Along with all the other old harry potter sets but re-design them.

Howdy all. This is Yope with my first ever post, woooo!

This set looks awesome. Ever since the first Harry Potter sets came out I have desperately wanted a Prof. Sprout, so I gave a little yelp when I saw this set! It will be nice to have a second Neville and a third Lupin to add to my Hogwarts but as with several others I think Lucius could have been replaced by someone like Dolohov, I mean he plays a huge part in the book. Another Dementor adds to the playability and a new Goyle won't go amiss. I'm looking forward to adding this to Lego 4842. It's great you can join them up. Anyway, that's all until the pictures of the Forbidden Forest are released and I hope you enjoyed my first post.

See y'all later!

I never really realized how well the Harry Potter sets sold. I knew they sold fairly well in my area. Where my sister lives, there was an abundance that remained on the shelves. Had my local stores ordered more stock (maybe there was no stock to order), the sales would have been even greater.

Btw, FBTB covers more than just LEGO SW, they cover all Lego themes.

Edited by j30spiff

that's true I think this set lacks villains :sceptic:

Goyle, Lucious and a Dementor vs. Harry, Sprout, Lupin and Neville. How many more do you want? :wacko:

If we're being pedantic Fenir wasn't a true Death Eater either; Werewolves weren't branded with the Dark Mark. Okay, so they may not be a specific class of villain, but nether the less, Narcissa and Greyback are villains, and practically on the same par with Death Eaters.

It seems FBTB is only for Star Wars.

Not actually. They've been posting news articles related to other themes in the last year (including a review or two), and their toyfair coverage has always featured every theme. :wink:

I've believe that the FF set will come with Harry(duh), Voldemort, Narcissa, Bellatrix and/or Hagrid. Why? because Harry's in everything; Voldemort and Narciss both had key parts during the scene they are trying to depict in this set and because Huw at Brickset basically confirmed Narcissa; if they use Hagrid it is because he also had a key part in this scene; and if they use Bellatrix it will be because she is basically Voldemort's right-hand Death Eater and because she is recognizable which will get kids to buy it and because she needs to meet her '2-set quota'.

What is a '2-set quota'? Well, I have it figured out that TLG tries to put a minifigure in at least 2 sets so that people have a good chance to get them. Examples: Hagrid in Hagrid's Hut and Diagon Alley: Was it really necessary to have him in the DA set? Not really. And Ginny: Did she really belong in the Hogwarts Express set? Not really. If you look closely, it's like this with every theme. Now, before y'all get on me because 'Luna's not in 2 sets!!' I said earlier, TLG tries to put a minifigure in 2 sets. That's just some of my wisdom bestowed unto you all. :tongue:

What is a '2-set quota'? Well, I have it figured out that TLG tries to put a minifigure in at least 2 sets so that people have a good chance to get them. Examples: Hagrid in Hagrid's Hut and Diagon Alley: Was it really necessary to have him in the DA set? Not really. And Ginny: Did she really belong in the Hogwarts Express set? Not really. If you look closely, it's like this with every theme. Now, before y'all get on me because 'Luna's not in 2 sets!!' I said earlier, TLG tries to put a minifigure in 2 sets. That's just some of my wisdom bestowed unto you all. :tongue:

Sorry to poke a flaw in your logic, but...

Diagon Ally and Hagrids Hut aren't in the same wave; DA is a 2011 set, and HH is a 2010 set. Whats more Hagrids been spotted virtually every time they've been to Diagon Ally (including the most important time, the first), so it stands to reason that he'd be there, as well as in his house, Hagrids Hut. Whats more is that he is a major character, so of course he'd be in more than one set. Ginny is also a major character, so it's hardly surprising she's in more than one set. She also has prominent roles in both the Burrow and the Express, so she does have precedence there.

Secondly, I don't think TLC cares if people get all the mini-figures or not. People want McGonagal? Flitwick? Umbridge? Karkaroff? Dumbledore? Voldemort? Lestrange? Tralawney? Then people have to by the more expensive sets to get them. Simple marketing really.

I've believe that the FF set will come with Harry(duh), Voldemort, Narcissa, Bellatrix and/or Hagrid. Why? because Harry's in everything; Voldemort and Narciss both had key parts during the scene they are trying to depict in this set and because Huw at Brickset basically confirmed Narcissa; if they use Hagrid it is because he also had a key part in this scene; and if they use Bellatrix it will be because she is basically Voldemort's right-hand Death Eater and because she is recognizable which will get kids to buy it and because she needs to meet her '2-set quota'.

Honestly, considering it's just a $12 set, I think we'll be extremely lucky to get Harry, Hagrid, Voldemort, and Narcissa in it. As much as I would love for Bellatrix to be in the set too, I honestly can't see it happening. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the set only had Harry, Voldemort, and Narcissa. The most minifigures to come in a $10-13 Harry Potter themed set has been three (would be epic if this set finally brought that up to four).

Tomorrow should be one great day. Can't wait to see what Lego has in-store for us with the Knight Bus set. I'm excited for all three sets, but I'm most excited for the new Knight Bus. Probably helps that PoA is my favorite of the books/movies, and I never did get the original one (still have the mini version of it though).

Edited by Ravenxl7

Honestly, considering it's just a $12 set, I think we'll be extremely lucky to get Harry, Hagrid, Voldemort, and Narcissa in it. As much as I would love for Bellatrix to be in the set too, I honestly can't see it happening. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the set only had Harry, Voldemort, and Narcissa. The most minifigures to come in a $10-13 Harry Potter themed set has been three (would be epic if this set finally brought that up to four).

Tomorrow should be one great day. Can't wait to see what Lego has in-store for us with the Knight Bus set. I'm excited for all three sets, but I'm most excited for the new Knight Bus. Probably helps that PoA is my favorite of the books/movies, and I never did get the original one (still have the mini version of it though).

It would suprise me if we get 4figs too, I think we can safely assume that Harry, Narcissa and Voledmort will be the only one to be included in this set. If these are not the actual characters, they I do think they might include hagrid, but then they will take away somebody else. Three Figs seem reasonable.

And the first pictures of the New York Toy Fair have arrived! :tongue: After a quick Google search I found this folder including photo's of the new LEGO Harry Potter sets.

A quick overview with my personal thoughts:

6_dsc_0627_1.jpg

Surpise, surprise: the set has 4 minifigures! Including a new minifigure of Narcissa, she looks great with that dress, face and hair. Other than that not very interesting: just a tree. But for the same price as Dobby's Release this is an awesome little set.

5_dsc_0628_1.jpg

I first saw the picture of the box and I thought it was going to be ugly. But the photo of the set itself makes it look better. The Bus is sitting lower than the first version, but the ugly black plates breaking up the purple are still there. The front looks better though. Awesome new minifigures, including a shrunken head! It's a shame there isn't any window glass in there, but there's nothing a Bricklink order can solve.

f_dsc_0623_1.jpg

I said it before: looks a bit bland. But the set will fit nicely with the newer Hogwarts Castle I think. The figures are of course the biggest reason to buy it: new Lupin, prof. Sprout and Neville! Goyle is a nice extra.

Edited by Matn

That forbidden forest set is amazing :wub: It is great to see the new dress and all of the figures in such a low-cost HP set. The set itself is good for blue flames and the mushroom piece so :thumbup:

Im not so sure abou the Knight Bus, it is great for purple pieces but it doesn't have that, shine. :hmpf_bad:

Great to see pictures after such a long time though.

I like all three sets, but I'm not a big fan of the Knight Bus in the books, movies, or this set. Then again, at that price, I can see myself getting it "for my son." :)

The Forbidden Forest looks like a great twelve dollar set, and although I just finished my own version of Narcissa Malfoy last month, I'll gladly replace her with an official TLG version.

And like others have said, I'm glad we're getting Professor Sprout and the others, and like others have said, this was a great opportunity to include a Tonks that now I'll have to make on my own. I do like this as an add-on to the new Hogwarts set; it's not fancy, but it'll do.

I'm glad this series was revived for the final movies--looks like LEGO wants it to go out with a bang.

Thanks for the pics Matn :thumbup:

Forbidden Forest is a must for those who didn't get Hogwarts Castle (Like Me) for Voldemort. Narcissa is good.

Knight Bus is alright. Nice shrunken head and Ernie looks good.

HIGH PITCHED GIRLY SCREAM !!!!!

EXITED EXITED EXITED EXITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED !!

Amazing, Narcissa, great Neville, Stunning Sprout,

Great forbidden Forest, I didn't have Hagrid yet, Amazing Figures,

great Lupin !! amzing sets !!

OUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAHH !!!!!:wub::laugh:

Super-duper! I hope Voldemort is in the Forbidden Forest set! If he is, fantastic! :sweet:

EDIT: I see he is! Great! It's a bigger must-buy than before!

The Hogwarts and Bus sets are decent, but where are the other sets? I thought there were more than this!

Edited by Jammiedodger714