mmknope posted this

of Paul Boratko's Lego Technic Vampire GT model (red version), and narrated all of its features:

*oh2*http://www.ebay.com/itm/281035093658 I had been watching this in my favorites at Ebay over the past week.

You know, Lego really should to consider doing something with this. I only say this because of the money that it has brought in. Paul's charity auction brought over $1,500 and now he sold a non charity auction for just a red model $750! 4 different people bid over $600 on it.

I really love this in white/black roof combo. :wub: I dare to say that I like it better than the black model. Paul can you tell what parts need to be changed up to do this in white? I have it in red and would like to convert it to look like this, just want to make sure I order the right elements. I can see a few that are different. Great job on a great looking car! Daywalker, perfect name!

dw208.jpg

dw206.jpg

I like this little stop motion gif too. :laugh:

x100.gif

Edited by Meatman

Does anybody know if Crowkillers' white Daywalker version of the Vampire GT model can be built by simply substituting white parts for the red or black body colors of his other Vampire models? I didn't see the Daywalker version on his Rebrickable collection of models: http://rebrickable.com/search?q=boratko&theme=0&numpieces=0&maxpieces=1050&year=1975&yearto=2013&official=1&custom=1&pt=0&c=-1&sets=&showunused=1 .

Does anybody know if Crowkillers' white Daywalker version of the Vampire GT model can be built by simply substituting white parts for the red or black body colors of his other Vampire models? I didn't see the Daywalker version on his Rebrickable collection of models: http://rebrickable.c...s=&showunused=1 .

No becuase some of the parts are not avalible in white

Goto crowkillers website and use the contact button. Ask him and he'll get back to you with the info.

I have for long been a supporter of the Vampire GT Project on Cuusoo. I first found out about the Daywalker Edition on that very website. I personally prefer the look of the black car, but white still looks good on it. I wish that he kept just one of the old images of the black one, as that should be the main focus of the project. The Daywalker probably helped gain some more supporters though.

Does anyone know if he is doing another auction or sale for the Daywalker Edition? I don't have the car yet, so I would consider buying it if theres another sale.

Does anybody know if Crowkillers' white Daywalker version of the Vampire GT model can be built by simply substituting white parts for the red or black body colors of his other Vampire models? I didn't see the Daywalker version on his Rebrickable collection of models: http://rebrickable.c...s=&showunused=1 .

It is basically just a color switch except for a few parts... Lego doesn't make this part in white 42003.jpgSo you must use this part in the front 32068.gif

On the sides where these parts are required, you just have to improvise a bit using regular perpendicular connectors ans 1 x 2 thin liftarms... I used LBG for the entire bottom, but you could use any color that you wanted... Fernando from TechnicBRICKs suggested Black...

And of course you must use the old style connectors 6538b.jpg because Lego has not made them in the newer style yet 6538c.jpg

I think those were really the only things that needed to be changed from the original..

And I couldn't do the roof in White because Lego doesn't make the smooth toggle joint 44.gif in white..

I think it looks more interesting in White/Black though...

I have for long been a supporter of the Vampire GT Project on Cuusoo. I first found out about the Daywalker Edition on that very website. I personally prefer the look of the black car, but white still looks good on it. I wish that he kept just one of the old images of the black one, as that should be the main focus of the project. The Daywalker probably helped gain some more supporters though.

Does anyone know if he is doing another auction or sale for the Daywalker Edition? I don't have the car yet, so I would consider buying it if theres another sale.

I still have all of the black pictures... I had basically given up on the Cuusoo project as I have moved onto other things and one day I decided to try to do the model in white to maybe give it a boost in interest at Cuusoo... I don't know if I will ever sell a complete model in white... It isn't impossible to gather up all of the white parts, but it does take time... I also have about 100 black friction axle pins 43093.gif in the body...

Edited by Paul Boratko

Sorry to bring this thread up again, but surely I am not the only one to have the problem.

I chose to build my Vampire GT in black. Therefore I even ordered some of the infamous black axle pins. For the side mirrors, these muss be inserted into black Bionicle Teeth. But, they went in pretty hard and I wasn't able to pull them apart again.

Does somebody who built the Vampire GT in black have a hint on how to disassemble these two parts? Thanks in advance.

You're talking about the axle from the pin insering into the axle hole of the Bionacle tooth right...?

I actually just built another Black Vampire GT for a toy show that I did over the weekend and used about 100 of those hard to find axle pins in the entire body(along with 3l black ones)

Can't you just push out the pin with another axle from the other side of the Bioancle tooth..? I never really noticed those black friction axle pins being any tighter than regular blue ones...

Probably just an issue with a single part, once I stuck two 2x4 bricks together; I still haven't been able to pull them apart, even with a clamp. :wacko: I wonder what that's all about though, maybe this should go in the quality reference topic...

@Paul it's 2 times. Both black axle pins stuck in two Bionicle teeth. Both have a lot of friction. I also tried to separate them by pushing an axle. I even tried it with the newer kind of brick separator to have a better grip. But it is very hard to keep the bionicle tooth in a fixed position.

Here's some pictures of my own Vampire GT (red edition).

13490279473_56c4efca8f_z.jpg

I was wondering if there's anyone interested in purchasing this replica of the Vampire.

Edited by Blakbird
: Removed many quoted images.

Hi!

You can find chrome-red wheels and a lot of unique chromed items at:

Check it at custom-items

15038_red.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pandora
Link removed

That is a very reasonable price for red chrome wheels. How much is shipping to the United States?

50 USD the price of the 4 wheels and shipping cost worldwide with tracking number.

The wheels exist chrome-red, chrome-silver, chrome-titanium

Hi!

What do you think about this chromed wheels?

They will look good on this beautiful cars.

chrome.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pandora
Link removed