Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

I think the Grandfather Clock would have looked better if it didn't have the tan 2 x 2 round plate sitting behind the 2 x 2 printed clock tile.

Wow, this ghost polybag is fantastic.

So simple, yet so brilliant :D

I am loving this polybag! The only set from this theme that I couldn't bring myself to buy was the Ghost Train...not because of the ghosts but I just don't care for the train itself and couldn't justify paying that price for a few ghosts. And now TLG goes and solves my problem! I will be getting quite a few of these. I just hope I can find these polybags. The Lego Store near my house never gets polybags (I don't know if that's true of everyone's Lego Stores or just the ones around Dallas) and the TRUs near me sell out VERY quickly.

It is a shame, however, that's it's not technically the same ghost as in the Ghost Train, due to it's lack of legs. Not complaining, merely commenting.

Edited by BeKindRewind

The grandfather clock is slightly awkward with the clock face rising so far from the structure, but it's still good nevertheless. And the ghost with the chains and ball... wow! I only wonder what is on the other side next to the chain's end? A 1x1 plate would cling pretty easily into the base the ghost is attached, I think.

The bag won't probably be available in Finland, but maybe it will at least push the prices of the ghosts down in Bricklink. :classic:

I think the Grandfather Clock would have looked better if it didn't have the tan 2 x 2 round plate sitting behind the 2 x 2 printed clock tile.

I'm guessing they made it stick out that far so the clock piece aligns with the pendulum below it.

Wouldn't have minded if the round plate had been brown or white though, but then again that's an easy fix.

Edited by Graysmith

That ghost polybag is really very nice, however I suspect that it will be a "gift with purchase" when one buys the haunted house set that is rumoured to be coming out later this year. Because of that I expect that this polybag will be an expensive one to aquire.

Maybe it'd be easier to build it out of your own collections since I can't see any particularly uncommon parts in it, really.

Nice Polybag, will be goin by TRU tomorrow to see if they have any of these in stock here in U.S.

The Ghost Train was immediately knocked off of my list due to not liking the train aesthetic. But I loved those ghosts so I was a bit disappointed. The leaked picture of the Haunted House did show ghosts with that also, so if it ends up having ghosts with it, then this polybag won't matter much at all since I will be getting that set. But if it doesn't come out with the ghosts, I will have to look for this polybag. I was expecting a ghost in a bag, but with this nice little mini build of a clock, it is simply brilliant and hard to pass up.

I hadn't considered this being a gift with purchase over $75 or something like that Kendo Jay set last Fall/Winter. I will definitely keep my eyes peeled, no matter how much it hurts.

That polybag has definitely exceeded my expectations! I would love to get this. I don't understand though, where exactly are these sold? I also like that Batman Jetski polybag but I have no idea where to look for it. :sad:

That ghost polybag is really very nice, however I suspect that it will be a "gift with purchase" when one buys the haunted house set that is rumoured to be coming out later this year. Because of that I expect that this polybag will be an expensive one to aquire.

Maybe it'd be easier to build it out of your own collections since I can't see any particularly uncommon parts in it, really.

I'm definitely thinking that this polybag is meant as a tie-in with the Haunted House, rather than the Monster Fighters. A ghost by itself, yes, but when it comes with that clock it feels like something you'd be able to put in the Haunted House, and you'd get an extra ghost for the house (assuming the set already comes with ghosts).

But yeah, even if you can't get ahold of it, it wouldn't be too difficult to make it yourself. The only uncommon part in it will be the new glow in the dark ghost piece.

That polybag has definitely exceeded my expectations! I would love to get this. I don't understand though, where exactly are these sold? I also like that Batman Jetski polybag but I have no idea where to look for it. :sad:

The Batman Jetski is a TRU exclusive polybag, at least in the US.

I have a feeling this ghost set will be in the Halloween/seasonal section in places like Target and Wal-Mart. I really hope its at Target or I would be even happier if it was eventually sold at TRU.

If the clock face (including the tan round plate behind it) is attached to the rest with two of this 1x1 brick with 1 stud 87087.jpg, this polybag is even more interesting because this part wasn't available in reddish brown before, according to BrickLink. Though it may come in other new sets, too, or it might be the 2-stud version which already exists in this color...

I'm definitely thinking that this polybag is meant as a tie-in with the Haunted House, rather than the Monster Fighters. A ghost by itself, yes, but when it comes with that clock it feels like something you'd be able to put in the Haunted House, and you'd get an extra ghost for the house (assuming the set already comes with ghosts).

But yeah, even if you can't get ahold of it, it wouldn't be too difficult to make it yourself. The only uncommon part in it will be the new glow in the dark ghost piece.

So, something like the mini Sopwith Camel promotion coming out on June 1st? That makes sense, and I agree that this particular polybag doesn't seem to relate to the Monster Fighters theme all that much. That's a good sign that the monster minifigs and elements being introduced in Monster Fighters are going to become commonplace pieces for LEGO in future sets.

All the more reason to get the haunted house, I suppose!

The ghost is so lovely, and yet it makes me sad. Polybags are so difficult to get in Canada, or at least they feel that way. I wish brand stores would just carry them like they do everything else. I'd certainly get at least two of that one, but it's gonna be hard getting even one, I fear.

Unless, of course, it's one of the very few that DOES show up at TRU here, in which case there will be millions of them [it's all or nothing, apparently]. Which I won't complain about.

Here is my HR image set of the day!

9465 The Zombies

b_9465_box_side_800.jpg

c_9465_detail_1_800.jpg

d_9465_detail_2_800.jpg

e_9465_detail_3_800.jpg

f_9465_detail_4_800.jpg

g_9465_detail_5_800.jpg

h_9465_detail_6_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

So I ask again,is the Zombie set an exclusive to anyone?

Using inductive reasoning, yes. But it hasn't been confirmed...

Also, I got the package for the Swamp Creature set. It's fantastic. :thumbup:

Oh, and thanks for the hi-res pictures of the Zombie set, GRogall! :sweet:

Wow, that zombie set is really impressive. I hadn't seen that until now, might have to pick up a few just for the figures! Missed out on the Series 1 CMF Zombies, so this is pretty nice for that. Thanks for the photos!

Thanks for the pics GRogall! Some lovely looking pieces and minifigures in this set. :wub:

I can't believe that's a polybag! :cry_happy: It's a cheap way to get those ghosts, but I'm wondering if it is the exact same mold as the old one?

I can't believe that's a polybag! :cry_happy: It's a cheap way to get those ghosts, but I'm wondering if it is the exact same mold as the old one?

It's the new mold with the point. You can see it in the photo.

-Omi

Hmm...the Ghost ploybag is very interesting. If the Haunted House is a Moudular House set, the Grandfather Clock would definitely be in it :laugh: