Sign in to follow this  
fr33manator

MOCs:Frost Skorpions Faction

Faction- Frost Skorpions

Weaponry- 2 Heavy Fusion "Mjolnir" Laser Cannons, 4 "Berzerker" Plasma Lasers, 2 "Dragonbane" quadlasers, 2 "Glamdrang" mortar cannons, 2 heavy beam turrets

Crew- Capt. Trego Ironarm, 1st Lt. Wolf Braddok, 2 heavy gunner troops

Finished model:

a93df50d.jpg?t=1320953671

37ffd757.jpg?t=1320953686

6273b64c.jpg?t=1320953712

8516636c.jpg?t=1320953721

Edited by fr33manator

I was pleasantly suprised to see a IP moc.

The best detail is the fact that it fits so well into the subtheme. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I was pleasantly suprised to see a IP moc.

The best detail is the fact that it fits so well into the subtheme. :thumbup: :thumbup:

If you liked that one then you are in for a treat. I've got an entire faction of IP: 2002 themed vehicles in the Frost Skorpions faction, which is essentially the military wing of the IP:2002.

The glacial Strykedozer is another one, and I've got more pics of the main battle cruiser I'll post when I get the chance. Thanks!

And I took the offendingly big pics down admin, nor sure why they posted that size. Oops

Faction-Frost Skorpions

Weaponry- 1 "Gungnir" Ion Beam Cannon, 1 "Ragnarok" Cruise Missile, 9 "Berzerker" Plasma Lasers, 2 "Balrog" Heat Beams, 1 Dvergr-class scout vehicle

Crew- High Commander Archduke Surt Thund "The Chilling Duke", Gen. Fen Ragnas, Capt. Drang Maelstrom, 2 Ducal Paladins, 4 science officers, 2 heavy gunners, up to 6 shock troopers, 1 Quartermaster

356c87e7.jpg

bc6315b0.jpg

3f4ff1a4.jpg

Edited by fr33manator

close up left side (you can see the "Chilling Duke"[bottom] and General Fen Ragnas [top] in white epaulets

c78a4b1b.jpg

main bay (you can see the Archduke, his two ducal paldins, a shock trooper, and the scout vehicle)

998fccc8.jpg

the back folds down to unleash the dvergr-class scout vehicle

5deae276.jpg

the "Ragnarok" missile prepares to launch!!!

afabf2de.jpg

the "Gungnir" Ion Beam Cannon

d7398a70.jpg

the bridge (top view)

782e0b30.jpg

bridge (front view)

d2d203b5.jpg

main troop bay

6e617d7f.jpg

The "Chilling Duke" upon his throne and a ducal paladin with weaponry

dde74b6b.jpg

Capt. Drang Maelstrom pilots the ship with the aid of the Quartermaster

5a079d5c.jpg

main drive system

3b77e816.jpg

Certainly very bright. It looks a little open though, for saying it's supposed to be operating in an icy environment. The trans orange is really cool, and I admire the lovely Classic Space vibe coming fro this. Reminds me of being a kid!

Certainly very bright. It looks a little open though, for saying it's supposed to be operating in an icy environment. The trans orange is really cool, and I admire the lovely Classic Space vibe coming fro this. Reminds me of being a kid!

It's a stylistic sacrifice I've made. If I enclosed everything at the minifig scale I find it to be overly cluttered, so I stick with a "pseudo-realistic" feel. Although you are right, I could try to enclose parts of it a bit more. Just think of these people as extremely cold-natured. :laugh: IP:2002 was one of my favorite sets growing up, and I wanted to design a military faction with that feel. I hope I've captured it.

I like all the trans-orange elements from newer themes that you've worked in. Good job! :)

TC

Looks pretty good, lose the flash and add light from a couple of desk lamps shining from two directions or something.

Looks pretty good, lose the flash and add light from a couple of desk lamps shining from two directions or something.

I'll try that next time. I'm still working on getting the hang of this whole picture thing. I'll try to take them in the day next time.

I did that with the Glacial Strykedozer and found they came out clearer. Thanks

I think I just overdosed on Trans Orange.

Love the Norse mythology references. Where's the trans orange helmet from the ducal paladin is wearing from?

Edited by El H

I think I just overdosed on Trans Orange.

Love the Norse mythology references. Where's the trans orange helmet from the ducal paladin is wearing from?

The ducal paladins wear an aquazone suit with a trans-orange IP:2002 visor

The completely trans-orange helmet the shock trooper is wearing comes from the robo stalker and robo raider sets

MOC: Hailstinger 

Scout Flyer

Armament: 1 "Stachel" beam cannon

hand weapons, Norgrav Propulsion Unit

Inventor- Tarkal Norbrik

1f21303b.jpg?t=1337018166

e763a295.jpg?t=1337018170

07ae3ce0.jpg?t=1337018174

a0e39090.jpg?t=1337018179

dff1e574.jpg?t=1337018185

365e7bd8.jpg?t=1337018187

neato. There needs a bit more ice planet builds!

I like the multidirectional flight operations. It gives a unique feel to this build :)

Though how does the pilot see through the opaque screen?

neato. There needs a bit more ice planet builds!

I like the multidirectional flight operations. It gives a unique feel to this build :)

Though how does the pilot see through the opaque screen?

I've actually done quite a lot of IP builds. Look under the title "frost Skorpions". It's the military wing of the IP2002

That's a trans-orange screen.

Take a look at my other MOCs and tell me what you think, please! Thanks!

Nice work! I've always been a sucker for Ice Planet builds. This one looks like it could be an actual set. :thumbup:

Thanks. I've done a lot of Ice planet color scheme and feel builds. Working on a storyline set in the "future" where the descendants of the IP2002 and the exploriens are at war with each other, so it has a much more military feel!

Check em out and tell me what you thing.

A search for frost Skorpions and ice spyders should pull them up

You can see the theme emerge. Imagine a universe where the space police couldn't or wouldn't, protect them. The members of the IP2002 faction had to get tough, or die. The eternal winter is not the only thing cold and cruel on Krysto