bootz

My town, New Legoredo

Very nice city layout bootz! Having a t-junction (instead of a crossroads) as a center is a nice idea - you only need two corner buildings instead of four. The position of the town-hall is well chosen, too. And I like the Christmas decoration of the GE. Keep it up! :thumbup:

IMAG1272.jpg

IMAG1275.jpg

IMAG1273.jpg

My little brother wanted me to connect our towns and I finally found a way to incorporate my train and the train station I got for Christmas but hadnt bothered opening until tonight.

This is his city so far, Alpha Town. He works on his more than I work on mine, I think.

IMAG1274.jpg

Edited by bootz

It's excellent to see how much your town has expanded, from the Pet Shop and your own creation, BOLT, to becoming a large town. It's great to see all the little details in your city. :sweet:

Have you rebuilt your Bolt dealership again 'bootz'......it looks more realistic this time and I can't wait to see your 2013 take on that classic town building.......what's it going to be....a bank or something ? :wink:

Brick On 'bootz' ! :classic:

There is a lot to see in this town,you have added some great detail. :sweet:

I think a train station with a glass curved roof would look great in your town.

st-pancras-train-station.jpg

This looks very good. :thumbup: I have wished to have a town like this, but I can't seem to gins enough loot to do so. :sceptic:

wow...loving the new car dealership and the new manager in front!

"Some say he sweats lego bricks"....and "Some say he was the guy that fired the Pre-2005 lego CITY designers!" ...we just call him LEGO STIG! :devil:

Thanks for the comments everyone! LT, that building is going to be a fish mart. The idea to make it modular popped into my head as I was contemplating rebuilding the blue house from that set. I realized it was 16 wide and what with everyone modernizing classic town sets I figured I would give it a go.

As for Bolt, yes I rebuilt it again, I'm glad you all like it. I'm never satisfied with it, but for now I like it. I think I'm more happy that it inspires my brother to build. He's building his own Bolt dealership now and he's reverse engineered my Bolt Python sports car and Stallion coupe.

I have this all set up in the basement of my parents house, and this year I hope to help my mom clean out some of my siblings old toys so I can have a table running the length of one of the walls just for my town.

Wow - I have to say, this looks great - And I really like the modernization of the classic building. Looking forward to seeing the full result! :D

Just looked thru your town for the first time, and i'm very impressed!! Awesome job, each update has shown considerable improvement and growth! Great to see the evolution and the cinema is an impressive addition to this thriving metropolis!! Can't wait for the next installment!!! :D

Now adding that cinema makes the street scape really pop now 'bootz'......keep going and Brick On 'bootz' ! :classic:

PC is awesome in person, absolutely up to the standards of the rest of the line. My girlfriend got it for my birthday on Friday and we had fun building it together. This summer I hope to move the layout to a new table because I've already run out of room on this one.

This is how it is now with my table on the right and my little brother's on the left(with my lighthouse, creator house and train)

20130331_084544.jpg

And pardon the mess here, it's all my brother's and sister's toys, but hopefully this summer we'll clear out the space and I'll put a table there for my town. I'm thinking it would be about 4 32x32 baseplates wide and go the length of the wall.

20130331_084548.jpg

And this is a very very rough sketch of what I'm planning. I think the actual layout would be longer than this but this is what would fit on my phone(Samsung Galaxy Note 2 if you're wondering. It's freaking awesome!)

Ideanote_20130331_121847_01.jpg

I would have it transition from the city on the left to suburbs and the country/beach as you go right.

Edited by bootz

20130331_000228.jpg

20130331_000204.jpg

20130331_000238.jpg

And thanks for the comments guys. Timmy, I'm glad you like it. I'm even amazed sometimes when I look at that first picture of just the Pet Shop and my original Bolt. I know it doesn't stack up to many town layouts out there with their custom buildings and whatnot, but I'm glad people still enjoy mine even if it's mostly an arrangement of official sets. Eventually I'll add more custom buildings as I get more comfortable building my own modulars.