Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

soccer is always a good excuse!

yes it is! especially when the US beat Germany today (I know it was Germany's first team but Ill take it!) I'm heavily involved with my local team ( Charleston Battery, third division professional in the US)

yes it is! especially when the US beat Germany today (I know it was Germany's first team but Ill take it!) I'm heavily involved with my local team ( Charleston Battery, third division professional in the US)

I love soccer!! Especially when my country is finally doing so well (you should remember Belgium from last week :laugh: )

I love soccer!! Especially when my country is finally doing so well (you should remember Belgium from last week :laugh: )

Belguim is looking great. you have some great players right now. As a Chelsea fan, Hazard is great and glad he didn't come on the pitch! Lukaku is one to watch as well.

I think they will go far in the next couple years

maybe we could collaborate on a future soccer/football Lego project

Edited by MikeyB

this is how I do my thatched/ dk tan roofs

Nice tutorial! I always appreciate when good builders share their techniques :)

Tutorial? Let's skip that and talk more about soccer :wacko:

Just kidding... on both accounts.

Belguim is looking great. you have some great players right now. As a Chelsea fan, Hazard is great and glad he didn't come on the pitch! Lukaku is one to watch as well.

I think they will go far in the next couple years

maybe we could collaborate on a future soccer/football Lego project

First Historica soccermatch ever:

Mpya Stedor Falcons vs. Circardia Treehuggers :laugh:

the funny thing is that in the middle ages football was oiriginally played (fought) between two villages and the team won that got the ball through the other's gate, quite an idea for a moc ...

the funny thing is that in the middle ages football was oiriginally played (fought) between two villages and the team won that got the ball through the other's gate, quite an idea for a moc ...

There is indeed some potential in the soccer idea (maybe not according to medieval soccer (which was found barbaric by medieval popes if I remember right) as it would be a disadvantage for the teams in Kaliphlin :laugh: )

But maybe just a fun tournament or so, where the participants send some figures to a big city and the host does a cup game (like for example the gladiator games hosted by Angeli)

Well there is the Aztec version (though sometimes that was played with a human head). Eastgate would probably be the best place for a sports tourney in Kaliphlin.

I'm just miffed that my local sports channels won't be carrying the USA vs. Jamaica World Cup Qualifier on Friday.

I can't find that game on mine either!!!

Funny you should say that about Eastgate, as at one point I had part of a gladiatorial stadium built as a free build before I started Queenscross. It could easily have been converted to football though!

Nice tutorial! I always appreciate when good builders share their techniques :)

A roof tutorial is nice, but how 'bout a rock work tutorial, Susan Jr. (LD for those of you who are new :grin: )?

I would say soccer would be a much nicer sport to have around these parts, seeing as most of our sports currently have high death risks.

And one more thing, I'm getting back on the MOC train...

scalous_001.jpg

Just a small preview for you all. Dawn of Ages is well underway, once more. In more ways than you think :wink: .

but rocks are so, well, different! all of them are unique! Ill try, no guarantee though

I would say soccer would be a much nicer sport to have around these parts, seeing as most of our sports currently have high death risks.

well, actually medieval soccer was a rather bloody endeavour as well, that's why the popes tried to prohibit it :laugh:

yay 2 sheilds! both in avalonian colours! I feel like such a patriot right now :grin:

its not just me, or the border of my shields different to penkids and brickingtons and others?

hehe deathly historican football matches? I can see lots of fun coming out of this :devil:

@legonardo: The shield's border is different from some others, but you're not the only one that has a gold border :grin:

gold...

thought it was bronze :facepalm:

must be the stupid part of young and stupid playing up again...

Yes, some are GOLD, some are silver. Depends on how many challenged you entered. A few people are missing shields due to the limited number of tag slots. We are trying to sort that out.

<snip>

What a nice CMF collection! :tongue:

Rocks are... well, basic rule is you stack pieces and make sure no two are going the same direction as much as possible. Which of course means they're different every time...

Of course LD's rocks are crazy good. He has way too many smaller rock slopes! :tongue::laugh:

And a gold tag! :excited: (Yeah, took me a second or two too to ( :look: ) figure out it wasn't bronze...)

Well, judging by my my shield, one challenge was enough for a silver border. It is a shame I didn't have the time to enter in more, but I digress, it feels wonderful to have another tag!

EDIT: And thank you for noticing that fourth of my CMF collection, Kai. My Ninjago Army is directly behind it :tongue: .

Edited by Penkid11

Of course LD's rocks are crazy good. He has way too many smaller rock slopes! :tongue::laugh:

I have about 50, thats including my cheese slopes.

@Legonardo: Yup, as I've said before: you use your pieces very efficiently :thumbup: I have a lot of dark bley slopes, mostly because of this:

7769412040_f67fc802e7_o.jpg

I have about 50, thats including my cheese slopes.

I only have 17 1x2 slopes, probably 12 or so cheese, and 6 or 7 1x3s (and 6 4x1 curved slopes/whatever, if you're including them). Admittedly I would have thought you had more...