Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Hehe you could always post in English! =)

A few weeks ago I was asked if I could write something about GoH and how it have affected me as a builder. It was posted on the largest Legoblogs in Sweden. So I hope some more Swedes will come here! :wink:

A few weeks ago I was asked if I could write something about GoH and how it have affected me as a builder. It was posted on the largest Legoblogs in Sweden. So I hope some more Swedes will come here! :wink:

I hadn't seen that de Gothia, do you mind sharing a link to that? (I suppose it is in Swedish, but if someone else wants to read it there is always Google Translate :wink: )

Thanks BB and Kayne :blush: , means a lot!! :classic:

Edited by de Gothia

I have to agree a bit as well, DG you had some really good skills and a good feeling already before GoH (not least shown by your Crown Knights build), but GoH has of course been a way for us to admire your versatility :classic: And maybe for you to try out a few more techniques and ideas? :wink:

@dg I don't think you got much better from GoH, you just got better LEGO pieces. You were always an AWESOME builder from the beginning of GoH and before! :wink:

Agreed!

Wow guys! I´m really flattered! :blush: Thanks!

My first scene and the third scene are done! Working on my second scene which will be the interior scene! Hope I can squeeze in some more mocs before the deadline!

dG you are certainly a great builder and have been from the start!

theres a small update in my Ch6 topic, mores coming soon as I get round to it, keep bricking guys! you rock!

As sir Kejtar is reestablishing himself in his keep and taking care of his ancestral lands, he is not overlooking the potential threats that could result in a war. To make sure he is ready to respond to the call of his liege lord he is currently testing a prototype of a catapult that would be extremely mobile with a good range. He is hoping to achieve the Siege Expert title with his creation.

8560313724_182e8c1186.jpg

catapult - link opens the catapult thread

Edited by Ludzik

Sir Kejtar's home is the old keep as his mansion that was his father's home was destroyed by his family enemies when sir Kejtar was forced into exile. The keep is plain and overall a typical soldier's place.

8560431110_3af25d05d5.jpg

Untitled

Before anyone says anything, I know it's missing the Avalonian land colors, but those were temporarily removed for cleaning as the keep stood abandoned for years. Here's a pic of the colors featured on the heavy lances after they were cleaned

8559348803_c3c8abce3d.jpg

colors

Sir Kejtar is still looking for his fathers flag which is rumored to have been hidden someplace on the grounds. Because of that he is refusing to fly any banners till the family flag is recovered.

Here's a last pic of Sir Kejtar in a more relaxed setting... he's out with his dog (Urwis) and favourite hawk on the drawbridge of his keep.

8559323099_3b6aaaaa0b.jpg

with his favourite hawk

One thing that can be said that his keep is his castle and thus he is truly the King of the Castle :)

Edited by Ludzik

What's all of you guy's plan after Ch. 6? I plan to build some MOCs on my sig's journey home and then send him to the pearl city where he will meet with Rex and then I plan to make a city like ecc's. How about you guys?

Looks good Ludzik! Maybe some more minifigs to poulate your castle?

I have a lot of ideas when the CH 6 is over. I will build a larger moc for the title "King of the Castle", some more mocs in Varlyrio, smaller mocs showing Lena and de Gothia in different situations(don´t want to say to much!) and so on. Perhaps build some smaller mocs in Kaliphlin as I feel I have a lot to learn when building their style!

Well Dawn of Ages part one (a compilation of my past GoH MoCs with a couple of new ones all with a thicker story) should be up next week. Then I'll have part two (Ch 6) up within the next month. I will continue from there, weaving as much of the Lego Castle History and my fellow Guilds Members as possible. And then maybe even a journey beyond the age of the Guilds... Expect me to be around more frequently in the coming months.

Edited by Penkid11

atcwarehousewip01.2.jpg

Here is another long-awaited sneakpeak of the most ambitious project by the Avalonia Trading Company, the warehouse of Albion.

This warehouse will serve both as the city and A.T.C. warehouse. The city goods mainly consist of drinking water, grain, livestock and lumber, whilst the A.T.C. goods focus on exotic products (carpets, gunpowder, gems, tobacco and spice) ore, basic foods (grain, fruits, fish) and finished products (cheese, tools, weaponry, wine and beer)

The warehouse is heavily defended as it stores valuable resources, not only for the A.T.C. but also for Albion and surrounding lands.

The warehouse is already quite big and I have difficulties moving it around.

It should be finished before my birthday, which is on the same date as some deadline..

Cheers. :sweet: