Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

that's why I never allow my kid's friends anywhere near my Legos! :wink:

@DG: congratulations, I hope you get a least some sleep!

that's why I never allow my kid's friends anywhere near my Legos! :wink:

I wasn't home to not allow them, I live in a crammed house so its not hard to find it, no matter how hard I were too hide it. I took precautions, alas, I'm hating myself right now. Not a good start to the week, today my 5 year old brother made artwork out of my new photo boards, my 2nd challenge 6 build is mangled and MOCathlon is only 3 days away...

:hmpf:

Edited by Legonardo

@Legonardo: Good luck finding that! I have a pesky 3 year old that seems to find my best figs and they trun up missing, but at least I know that they are still in my house so I usually find them within a day. I would be furious if I even suspected someone ripped them off from me. Hopefully you find Davy Jones soon....as for the build, not much to do to help there. If it was on par with your build 1, then GoH is probably missing another masterpiece now....

urgh

I was at a party last night and some kids (I believe children of one of my dads colleagues) came to my house and my 2nd ch6 got wasted. along side that my precious davy jones (I had his head on Victor) and some other great figs are missing, haven't checked my normal bricks, I hope they are fine

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Dude, I hate that when it happens. I feel so sorry for you. My condolences for you and your bricks. :blush:

God LD, just reading about that is horrible. I hope you find that Davy Jones figure as it is a rare one. Do you think you will be able to redo your build.

@Legonardo: Maybe you or your father could talk to the parents of the kids?

If they really stole all that stuff that's a huge bummer :angry:

That is terrible news. Hopefully can find the figures and get your MOC rebuilt to your liking.

I would try to have someone talk to the parents and see what happened. Most likely no one will fess up, but it doesn't hurt to try. Some people just don't have any respect for other people's belongings. My daughter breaks my MOCs all the time, but I can resolve that matter. When it involves someone else's kids, it can get trickier.

Well that just plain sucks. Not much more to say on the matter, but I hope you recover it.

As for victor, I think you could find some similar parts to replace it and chalk up differences to "artist's impression of said pants."

I don't have Blackbeard, so I had to use the outfit from the evil bald guy from PoP....can't remember his name. I also have no black wizards hat, so I used Dooku hair. Artistic license :blush:

@Legonardo: Maybe you or your father could talk to the parents of the kids?

If they really stole all that stuff that's a huge bummer :angry:

I wish yeah, however hes my dads foreman and quite a nice guy, I don't think my dad wants to potentially get in a bad relationship with him :sceptic:

I don't have Blackbeard, so I had to use the outfit from the evil bald guy from PoP....can't remember his name. I also have no black wizards hat, so I used Dooku hair. Artistic license :blush:

I was using Davy Jones head, gandalfs torso/pants/cape, and I still haven't got Balins beard, still looking for aUG.

I think I'll just have to go with a pool of blood or something myself... :tongue:

I was just going to do Victor face down in a pool of blood. I have the black wizard's hat, and a cape that will work. With those, a standard beard, yellow head, and black torso and pants, I'll have my Victor.

I may buy the parts for his brother, though (from Ecc's story about the Jarl going missing). He doesn't cost that much. I buy Gimli, I'll have the 'magic helmet' too.

Regarding Victor, I have a mini army of Sensei Wus. I have the head and beard, and not to mention the hat. However, I will need to give him different garments. It would be disgusting if a (somewhat) proper man didn't have a change of clothes! I intend to surprise a few people with my story... And I will say, Victor won't be dead when Owlan finds him...

Edited by Penkid11

just bought bagend online, should have it soonish. I'm gonna take a 4 week hiatus if you don't mind me doing so, im off to the MOCathlon! got a pretty sweet team!

(mini, here's your chance to catch up that you've been asking for :tongue: )

just bought bagend online, should have it soonish. I'm gonna take a 4 week hiatus if you don't mind me doing so, im off to the MOCathlon! got a pretty sweet team!

I have googled this, and can not find MOCathlon, is there a page for this somewhere? I noticed a few people have mentioned it now...

You got a pretty sweet team... hahahaha yes you do!

I'm in the MOCathalon too though I'll probably be just as active here!

Wow, cool. Not sure why a Google search did not bring that up...

Anyway, looks exciting, I will keep an eye out for what the GoH Ladies and Gentlemen do, and root for you all. (If I can figure out what you all's alternate names are! haha.)

Who's mini? Good luck , Lil' Leo! Talk to you in a month.

@Penkid11

BTW, Ska are you on MOCpages?

Have no fear, Mini Susan is here!!

I will definately be taking advantage of that, Susan Jr. At least I hope I will. We have an extra month now, so I have a better chance of entering.

Have no fear, Mini Susan is here!!

I will definately be taking advantage of that, Susan Jr. At least I hope I will. We have an extra month now, so I have a better chance of entering.

Better chance!?? BETTER CHANCE!?? With an extra month, you should have no excuse for not submitting a build!

Better chance!?? BETTER CHANCE!?? With an extra month, you should have no excuse for not submitting a build!

You tell the kiddie, mr. regulator! No one has an excuse, not even me. :blush: