I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

I have to second that - there's so much stuff flooding the forum right now it's hard to keep up. Giving Historica a separate forum would also open it up to having it's own index of mocs, guild challenges, whatever.

Edited by Skipper

I'm all for a seperate subforum too. Then we can have additional stickied threads for important documents such as maps, current challenges, and so on. Apparently we're not allowed them at the moment, since we're just sharing the historical forum.

I think that each guild leader should at least create a thread in which they would list all the final version of MOCs for the current challenge (eg. all Nocturnus watchtowers in one thread, all Avalonian in the other...), those toppics should be closed and they should contain only photos of MOCs and maybe a link to that MOC's thread.

That way it would be easier to compare and judge, and people could see easier what was done and maybe get an idea or two what could be done.

I think that each guild leader should at least create a thread in which they would list all the final version of MOCs for the current challenge (eg. all Nocturnus watchtowers in one thread, all Avalonian in the other...), those toppics should be closed and they should contain only photos of MOCs and maybe a link to that MOC's thread.

That way it would be easier to compare and judge, and people could see easier what was done and maybe get an idea or two what could be done.

I thought the same :thumbup:

That would be the best way, and maybe our Leaders had this mind from the beginning :wink:

I have a question. May somebody join more than one guild?

If not,

May he/she create mocs related to other guilds.

For example: Im in avalonia guild but i want to build Nocturnus mocs or moc that involve both avalonian and nocturnus elements in it (a battle for example). May i post these?

Edited by timura

I have a question. May somebody join more than one guild?

If not,

May he/she create mocs related to other guilds.

For example: Im in avalonia guild but i want to build Nocturnus mocs or moc that involve both avalonian and nocturnus elements in it (a battle for example). May i post these?

If you wish to build a Nocturnus moc, that is fine, but, you are representing Avalonia, so you will need to have some Avalonians in it. If it is a scene with Avalonians escaping a Nocturnus hideout or tower that is fine, but the Nocturnus building will count as a Nocturnus building, if you get what im saying. So feel free to create a scene happening in Nocturnia, but remember to make it relevant to Avalonia somehow, otherwise if everyone could build in every guild it would kind of make the whole guild idea pointless.

Hope that clears things up for you :classic:

Should I sign up in this Thread or in one of the guild threads?

I would say that you should just sign-up in the guild thread of your choice. Mitgardia is always looking for new recruits! :wink:

Should I sign up in this Thread or in one of the guild threads?

Read over the four introduction posts in each guild then decide on a guild to join and just post in their thread!

If you don't know which guild or want a random one post here and we can assign you a guild.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

I already signed up in the Avalonia Guild thread, but better safe than sorry.

Hereby I officially sign up for Avalonia. Just loving the color and architecture combinations there. Mocs are on the way.

As to all fellow builders - regardless of the guild they are in: Thanks for having me here and thanks for the amount of inspiration i get every day by scrolling through the various guild threads!

Best regards,

Markus

(Sir Moriartus)

Edited by Rolli

Possibly.

That being said, Kaliphlin's probably ahead with regards to mapping and plot. :P

Not being biased to my own guild, but is it just me, or is Avalonia the most structured and organised out of the four guilds?

I think it's because of the shear number of Avalonia - there requires a bit more structure than the other guilds. For Kaliphlin I know I've been letting the guild grow organically and people have been building what they want - and I think it's resulted in some pretty interesting builds.

Though in time as interest grows or wanes I could see shifts in guilds towards/away from being more structured.

Hi! While I'm not participating in the guild(s) (due more to a lack of time/MOC experience than interest), I do have a suggestion. If this has already been discussed / planned, please ignore this.

I find all these MOCs fascinating - they are well constructed, have interesting story lines and are rapidly building up this fantastic world. However, they are taking over / flodding the Historic Theme Forum. While this is not a bad thing, I worry about missing interesting builds, new topics, etc, etc. So, what I suggest is a list of links to each MOC created by every guild member. Whether that list is broken into four (one for each guild), or one master list with four parts (again, one for each guild), I would leave up to a moderator. However, I feel this could collate all the MOCs created into a somewhat more interesting set up.

If this is already in process, I do apologize - I haven't read all the posts in every guild thread. I just thought it might be interesting to have a master list that's not buried in each guild thread.

Not being biased to my own guild, but is it just me, or is Avalonia the most structured and organised out of the four guilds?

Outrageous! :tongue: Seriously though, that's probably true, but I imagine Avalonia as needing a strong central authority as I see it more like a feudal type guild. So everyone reports to someone thus giving it a strong structure.

However, in Kaliphlin I think that we are more laid-back - there are no well-defined borders, everyone has their own little enclave they want to build as they see fit but everyone is welcome to build anywhere within the guild boundary.

Also, I realise the first post of this thread is now out-of-date, but I signed up for Kaliphlin guild - just a reminder for when someone gets round to updating it! :thumbup:

:laugh: I'm here, I'm drinkin' beer, get use--- Whoops, I mean. Sign me up! :laugh:

Oh and based on Edmond Dantes, idea, I think to avoid clogging the place up, Historica should have it's own sub-forum.

Edited by dragunov

Avalonia is indeed on a good corse at the moment, but like others have said, due to a high ammount of members I have really had to put in a lot of work and daily updates to keep everything organised and running smooth. Things are at a point now where we know where we our headed and each have our own towns which we are building. However, I must note that Kaliphiln have surprised me, as I thought it would be the group that would struggle due to the really unique look of the land. But Kaliphiln have really pulled it together and are now pumping out lots of great mocs. For every new Avalonian moc, theres a new Kaliphiln moc right behind, so you guys have done a great job in what I believe to be the hardest guild to build in. Well done! I think you will find that Mitgardia and Nocturnia will find their feet soon enough and come roaring back. Once they start rolling out the builds they won't stop. Thats not to say they havn't produced good builds, both have seen some excellent mocs coming from their members. All guilds have really stepped up and produced some great builds, I would say ive seen some of the best castle mocs this year posted in this last month from the guilds!

The idea of a subforum is not a new one, it is something we are still discussing (Staff) For now just enjoy the massive amount of MOCs and excited History fans in the forum, the traffic is great to see. I for one would much prefer to see a busy forum rather than a graveyard where no one comments on creations etc. Welcome aboard to all the new builders too.

Question: Out of the main challenges, would they all be mocing challenges or would there be other types of challenges top such as a guild minifig challenge?

Sorry, but I'll unsign from Nocturnus guild[/i], the idea is great and I love it. But work in real life and secret work for the Pirates forum has left me with little EB time. This I spend on other things, sorry. I might resign later, but for now bye! :classic:

Ellesar Yavetil has signed up for mitgardia.

Just thought id tell you so my name could be put on the list, if that's what its for.