Sign in to follow this  
Geertos13

CAT 2 : Alfred's Tower

Hey there Fellow Eurobricks members!

This Weekend I had some time to build my entry for the Batman Contest! I know this is a bit fast, but I'll be very busy for the next few weeks and I wanted to make sure I at least got my entry for the second Category done in time!

So, as the title says, I made the home of Alfred Pennyworth! Maybe a weird choice as he's nothing of a superhero. No destroying machines, no huge killing rockets, no dangerous explosifs for our butler. No, I made him a nice but simple appartement in one of the towers of Wayne Manor.

I don't own any real Batman sets, but was lucky enough to buy some figures for my Brickfilms from Bricklink a few years ago before the prices became outrageous. As my collection is limited to the Penguin, Alfred or a henchmen, I decided to go with Alfred for several reasons. First, because the dangeourous villain layer would be done by 90procent of the people who chose villains and because I didn't own that much of dangerous weapons and all that stuff as I never owned much Batman or Police sets. So I went for Alfred. Where would Alfred live ? (Correct me if I'm wrong hardcore Batman fans) The exact place where Alfred is never showed. So I found that he probably would live in a small space for himself in his Master Bruce's Manor. In one of these cosy towers maybe? And as there was no height limit to the contest, I felt that Alfred's tower could be a perfect entry! :thumbup:

For a Tower, I discovered that 8x8 was actually pretty small, but I tried to make the best out of it, and here is the result!

6291585551_5bed5d7180_z.jpg

So, the Tower consists of three floor. One, is the underground part from the Batcave that leeds to a ladder by which Alfred joins his personnal rooms. Then, on the second floor, is where Alfred sleeps after a long day of work and just above them, you'll notice the "wardrobe" and the bookshelf with Alfred's personnal books that don't belong in the Wayne's library. He has acces to his collection with again, a ladder that also leads him to the upper part of the tower, his office/living room.

6291593241_25d4de895e_z.jpg

His bed, that is placed above the ladder to save space can be lifted up to let Alfred enter or leave the room. For a "lifted bed" view, click here. I decided to tile the floor with brown wood to give it a stereotypical bedroom look and at first wanted to include a standing lamp or some more closets and cupboards, but the space was just missing. :sad: I was happy to include the little side lamp though, that I consider as a trademark, as I usually randomnly throw in these things. I wa sunaware of it, until someone pointed it out to me and I went to check and he was right!

6292120066_6017ba7608_z.jpg

Here is another view of Alfred, hanging from the ladder, trying to reach one of the books on the shelf.

6291604025_3723644b08_z.jpg

And one last picture of the living room or Office as I like to see it. Here Alfred can read the book he chose, interract with Batman with the Phone, or in the case of an attack, grab his gun, as he is the only one to be allowed to have one (by Batman that is). As for the back of the tower, there's not much to see. :sceptic: And as the contest rules only allow 3 pictures (besides the presentation pic), I'll put a link to it. I said this was a mix between living room and office. I find it hard to judge whetever I wanted to make the last floor into a warm room with sofa and armchair or simple but relaxed office. I went mostly for the second idea though kept i mind the soft aspect I wanted it to have and to give it this comfortable feel to it, I gave it the phone and the little bottles that men would see in a kitchen.

So, I hope you enjoyed this Vig, and Comments and critics are of course appreciated.

The Model is still standing so if you have any suggestions or things you'd change, please tell me :classic:

Thank you to you all

And special thanks to the Penguin for holding this great contest!

A spectacular entry, Geertos! :thumbup:

I greet you! ( :laugh_hard: Oh those clever jokes of mine!)

I have never though about the place Alfred lives in, so this is just brilliant. He could've indeed lived in a smaller room in contrast with the huge manor. Very well done! :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edit:

Do you have any additional pics of the MOC in the folder, since I'd love to see some side shots as well? It's not obligatory, however. )

Edited by The Penguin

Hah, great idea!

Looks cozy and very stylish furnished (perfect for an english gentlemen like Alfred).

Nice that you thought of an cellar level.

Good build!

Great work as always Geertos and a nice use of your immense amount of HP bricks! :thumbup:

I love the idea, that in a massive mansion like this and after years of looking after his young charge, Alfred is confined to an 8x8 stud room............ he might as well be in Arkham! :grin:

love it!

Excellent work 'Geertos13', a very believable creation...yeah, Bat's would make him live their ! :laugh:

Those HP sand green parts come in handy eh ? :wink:

Brick On same Bat-time same Bat-channel 'Geertos13' ! :grin:

Alfred not a superhero? Nonsense! Alfred rocks! :grin: I wish I had him. :cry_sad:

Nice entry, Geertos! It has a very Hogwartsy feel to it like your HP MOCs, but at the same time feels like it could certainly be part of Wayne Manor. :thumbup: It's small and cozy, just like one would imagine the cabinet of a modest butler.

Does Bruce really allow Alfred to have a gun? I never knew that. :look:

Speaking of guns, if you're looking for some, they have a few on PAB, including revolvers and tommy guns. :sweet:

Your entry has been noted.

Any further changes to your entry MUST be informed to me via PM.

Thank you.

WhiteFang