whung

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 7 Discussion

Hard to tell if this has been asked/answered in this thread (30 pages). Does the viking lady have a sloped dress printing piece, or regular minifig legs? It's hard to tell from the photo in the first post because the space marine's head is in the way.

look like a printed sloping piece like other female minifig's dresses - at least that's what it looks like in my kids "LEGO Club Magazine" which came yesterday, and also clearly shows the red boar on the "evil" knight's shield ...

Hard to tell if this has been asked/answered in this thread (30 pages). Does the viking lady have a sloped dress printing piece, or regular minifig legs? It's hard to tell from the photo in the first post because the space marine's head is in the way.

Does anyone have a scan of the picture that confirms that the 'nerd' has a laptop?

If so I might be looking out for several of them.

look like a printed sloping piece like other female minifig's dresses - at least that's what it looks like in my kids "LEGO Club Magazine" which came yesterday, and also clearly shows the red boar on the "evil" knight's shield ...

Can you tell which color the hands of the black knight are? Please tell me they are NOT yellow...

When you look at the large picture from the first post it's obviously that Viking woman has dress slope part. :sceptic:

Just received the LEGO club magazine and on page 7, there's a pic of Series 7.

Can confirm:

Black Knight has black hands. There is a boar's head on the shield.It's sticking its tongue out. Shield is the same mold as the S3 elfs'.

Viking woman has a printed slope skirt. Nice printing too. Looks to be a Druic or Celtic chain link at the hemline, don't know if it's Nordic.

Computer guy has a grey laptop as another poster has said.

Two capes : Evil Knevil, Little Red Riding Hood and a veil attached to bride's tiara. Printing on the bride's slope skirt, looks like fine dentelle.

There is no visor on the Space Marine.

Bag piper looks awesome, love the kilt and the printed bag pipe. And the tam!

Edited by streeker

Can't wait for new images!

The shield with boar printing sounds great) And the laptop! :classic:

For anyone who got the new magazine, can someone scan the picture of Series 7? Thanks. :classic:

Also, I'm happy that the teacher has a grey laptop! :thumbup:

Additionally, since the space marine doesn't have the visor, does that mean his face is printed orange? :sceptic:

Edited by just2good

This is a picture I took of the Black Knight from the back of my Lego Magazine.

1332495432m_SPLASH.jpg

Should get some army builders excited. The helmet is nothing new, but nice printing on the breastplate as well as the dark grey long sword.

The Aztec warrior also looks amazing, and should be easy to feel with the giant helmet.

A couple of the figs seem to be missing accessories (from memory) but the 'computer programmer' does seem to have a laptop next to him so I assume the CMF will come with that as well.

The Space marine seems to have the normal ADU/space police helmet just without the visor (so I'm guessing his face is printed orange... His armour is also being used for an exclusive Lex Luthor fig (game pre-order giveaway) if you've seen that.

The whole game/advert is viewable on legoclub.com using the clubcode GAMEBOARD, but the quality isn't great.

Anyone want to start a betting pool on which figs will be most expensive on bricklink? I actually think the space marine is going to hit the top of the charts. The knight will come in a close second followed by the aztec.

I am pretty sure that the knight and the space marine will only come 3 to a case thus exacerbating the problem. Why does TLG do this? It is one of the few things they do that really anger me.

I give a hint to everybody.

At pick@brick on lego site, the heads of "Garmadon" (full black heads with evil face) are only €0.14.

I bought 40 of them.

And I will reuse them on the black knights since they have black hands.

I was thinking to take this for myself, but it's too much of a good idea to share.

:thumbup:

Assuming the club image is true and the computer programmer does have a dark bley laptop, I am SO there, being a computer programmer myself.

Liking the space marine and the Alien Conquest gun in black (as opposed to the dark bley used in the AC sets).

And I gotta get me those Bagpipes (the Bagpipes are one of the coolest instruments ever made :)

At this point it looks like I will be going for:

2 x tennis players

0 x brides

1 x red riding hood (for the small legs in red if nothing else)

1 x space marine (for the gun, armor and helmet)

0 x viking

1 x sea king (for the hair and for the fancy triple beard)

1 x daredevil (for the hair and torso and helmet)

0 x bunny suit guy

1 x glam rocker

0 x jungle boy

0 x Aztec

0 x Knight

at least 2 x Bagpiper

1 x Hippie

2 x Swimmer

at least 4 x Computer Programmer

I recon it would be cool to use the computer programmer to build a cubicle farm MOC, just need to find a suitable torso that represents what a computer programmer actually wears (finding a torso with a business shirt, pockets, necktie and no logos or other items to get in the way is hard)

My overall thoughts on Series 7:

Must Haves:

- Space Marine

- Little Red Riding Hood

- Bride

- Female Viking

- Computer Programmer

Maybe:

- Stuntman

- Merman

- Jungle man

Not interested:

- Aztec

- Bagpipe player

- Hippy

- Evil Knight

- Girl Rocker

- Bunny Suit Guy

- Swimmer

- Tennis player

Anyone want to start a betting pool on which figs will be most expensive on bricklink? I actually think the space marine is going to hit the top of the charts. The knight will come in a close second followed by the aztec.

It will be.

I am pretty sure that the knight and the space marine will only come 3 to a case thus exacerbating the problem. Why does TLG do this? It is one of the few things they do that really anger me.

I wanted to answer this earlier but I can't and my review will answer your question. I believe TLG had heard our concerns. Take a look at the distributions to understand why.

With the Space Marine and Evil Knight at 5 / box it has to be the Aztec Warrior. The Bride will be a distant second in my opinion.

And the Evil Knight is not that nice in my opinion. The ornamentation on him is a bit over the top. I'll be content with owning one or two despite being a Castle fan.

I posted this on the UK Sales thread, but my local John Lewis in the UK had them out on the shelves today.

Awww yes, thank you! I hope they come to US soon!

Your welcome. It seems like the figures show up a couple weeks or so after the UK so it's a waiting game. Though now is the question of how much longer the series will last. Seems like they are dropping in popularity lately. Series 5 arrived at a walmart near by(first and ONLY series at store)and they barely sold at full retail. Last time i checked on the packs, there was still 2 boxes left out of 5 that were put in the clearence area at $1 a piece. Whereabouts of the other 11 BOXES that were in the lego aisle are unknown. Went to the lego store 2 times in about 2 weeks(2 mini vacations) and the series 6 figures didn't move at all.

Personally i'm really tired of the line. currently i'm planning on going for 2 figures(bunny suit guy and tennis player) but those are to go with the animal suit guys and tennis gal. I was orginally going to go for maybe a couple females but I decided to take a Plan B route. I decided that i'd rather put the money towards getting some parts to complete the figure parts i got from the Build a minifigure bin at the lego store instead.

Edited by ACWWgal2011

No Ebay\Bricklink lots with these figs in stock yet... I definetly want to get the whole series as quickly as I can, no matter the price. :blush:

I picked up some S7 figures yesterday (thanks for the tip-offs in the UK Sales thread, by the way) and am missing the Bunny Suit Guy, Merman and Valkyrie at the moment. But here's the official verdict:

Must have: Computer Programmer, Tennis Ace

Wouldn't say no: Grandma Visitor, Swimming Champion, Bride, Rocker Girl, Hippie

Only for parts: Bunny Suit Guy, Bagpiper, Jungle Boy, Merman, Valkyrie

Just one: Daredevil, Galaxy Patrol, Aztec Warrior, Evil Knight.

I picked up some S7 figures yesterday (thanks for the tip-offs in the UK Sales thread, by the way) and am missing the Bunny Suit Guy, Merman and Valkyrie at the moment. But here's the official verdict:

Must have: Computer Programmer, Tennis Ace

Wouldn't say no: Grandma Visitor, Swimming Champion, Bride, Rocker Girl, Hippie

Only for parts: Bunny Suit Guy, Bagpiper, Jungle Boy, Merman, Valkyrie

I have to disagree with you on the Galaxy Patrol guys, he's probably my favorite one. :sweet:

Hm...I would pick up as many Aztecs as I could. Aztec army building!