Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Prison Riot! Day One

I'd agree on Illiap's method, to go three and three on two people to force a tie, but I'm afraid of a mis-communication error or something like that, that would cause a lynch. Whether it would be on purpose or not, we'd likely lose a townie today and maybe even another if we ended the day with someone with more votes on accident.

Looking at the prison rules, rule number four states that we can't target ourselves, which I suppose includes voting. In that case, if we're going to force a tie, might I suggest that we each vote for the person below us on the inmate list? This way, no one would purposely "target" a player and the tie would be easier to coordinate.

For example, Whindum would vote for Zosma, Zosma (returning to the top of the list) would vote for Bate, Bate to Cuxun, and so on.

Just the thought of making the warden gas himself into grumpiness is almost enough reason to force the tie today. That, and hoping not to foolishly kill one of us.

But as one of you freaks mentioned earlier, how do we know that someone doesn't have an extra vote that they would be required to use, thus causing someone to die anyway? If such a thing exists, should they maybe say so and we can adjust the votes elsewhere? It isn't like they have to tell us what they ate, so it won't reveal anything except that such a thing exists.

Sorry if anyone has said all of this previously, I've been busy sleeping.

Interesting idea on forcing a tie. It would prevent the usual townie lynch on day one, although the theory (which I read in the prison library) seems pretty clear that town would be at a disadvantage going into the night with an odd number of players. How much that theory is applicable to this meal-orientated situation is open for debate; we would also lose any advantage that might be gained from vote analysis from today, although my own experience from watching prison movies on this subject is that the day one vote usually doesn't tell us much.

It's unlikely anyone's going to own up to being a werewolf rioter today, so it's either take a chance and most likely lynch a townie, or go with the tied-voted plan, which I'm happy to try.

Maybe I'm not as brilliant as you thought I was initially, but how does this clear people from being scum? The scum will just nicely follow along with our plans and will make sure to not stand out.

Huh? That's not what I wrote. Read the whole post together. I meant after the we hold an investigation or two, or three, some town should be cleared.

I don't understand either. How will we know who not to vote for without investigations?

What? Who wrote anything about not voting without investigations? Was I speaking Galaxian in that post? I said to not convict day one, then approach day two after we've had a few investigations to clear a few things up... :hmpf:

I just went over the court transcripts, and I'm not confused by what I wrote, hard to see what was confusing there: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61061&view=findpost&p=1092648

GRRRRRRR. I'm hungry. So hungry. Where's the flesh. Show me the flesh. Or the moon, I miss the moon :cry_sad: .

I fail to see how that is any easier than everyone vote for the person beneath them in the list. It anything you're making work for yourself, by having to assign who votes for votes whom. :sceptic:

If I hadn't dozed off, taken a wolf nap, as it were, earlier, that is what I would have suggested. Easily the easiest solution.

Rawwrr!!

GRRRRRR. I like your rawr. :blush:

I don't like votes on the first day. A forced tie seems to be what the crowd wants and I don't mind it. Other than some poor poor werewolf who slipped up big time ( :cry_sad: ), I've never heard of a kill on the first day that has helped the town. Correct me if I'm wrong, but always a townie has been killed. In all the plays, that is. I hope the Warden didn't take away the plays. I like to chew on them and pretend they are flesh :sweet: .

Damn you guys talk a lot, and it makes me grumpy that I have to listen back to all of what you have to say. :hmpf_bad:

Though I agree with the consensus for not going with a majority vote to prevent any misguided lynching of one of us innocents here (did I just say we're innocents considering we're all convicted criminals? :grin:) and to give us the extra time to use our meal abilities so we could have something to work on the next day. But I'll echo the concern of the possibility of a double vote, which could totally screw up this plan, and in the end we still end up with a majority lynch. So I suggest if there's anyone out there with the ability to double vote, PLEASE SPEAK UP so we all can coordinate as early as now so can pull of this 'forced tie' scenario as planned. If no one will speak, then we'll assume there's no ability like that and we could go with either Illiap's or Pronti's suggestions, whichever the majority decides on doing.

Looks like we won't need to be using this vote tie strategy afterall!

I was granted Day Investigator ability today. I investigated JimButcher/Jissaleh Blazen. It turns out he's a member of the El Plutans Gang.

I chose to investigate Jissaleh because he was in front of me in the meal queue, and would have the best idea what item I chose today. I had an odd feeling about him too, so I went with my gut.

I know it's risky to reveal an investigator role this early on, but what can I do? I can't sit like a mute when I know someone is scum.

The problem is, I was the second-to-last inmate to choose my meal today and Jissaleh was the third-to-last. This means the El Plutans Gang now have a 50/50 chance of knowing which meal I picked. Because of this, I'm wondering if I should just reveal the meal I took publicly, so that the town have a better chance of snapping it up tomorrow. Since the scum don't know who chose what, we may have a better chance of keeping this ability alive.

Hopefully someone will protect me tonight too, I'm sure the scum will be looking to get rid of this ability.

Any questions?

I'm very happy you've found something so conclusive day 1! I'd much rather vote out scum than sit on my hands and do nothing.

I'm not sure revealing your meal would help town more than scum, Tierro. Perhaps it will be safer staying anonymous so that the scum can't hijack it.

If we have any brains we'll hide your action, so the scum can't take it tomorrow no problem - protect you tonight so we don't lose it, and then throw it back into the ring tomorrow. Even if a scum does have the 50/50 chance of taking it... well, luckily, investigation is not particularly useful to the scum. Right? Am I not thinking of something? Unless they find any neutrals, if there are any, which I doubt considering these numbers. Point is, don't reveal your meal and hopefully we can keep the investigation in the prison for a few more days.

Oh my, this is quite surprising and relieving all at the same time! Unprecedented for a Day 1 to luckily catch a scum. :cry_happy: That's great news Tierro, and it's interesting to know we have a meal that investigates at day rather than night.

I'm very happy you've found something so conclusive day 1! I'd much rather vote out scum than sit on my hands and do nothing.

I'm not sure revealing your meal would help town more than scum, Tierro. Perhaps it will be safer staying anonymous so that the scum can't hijack it.

As I said though, after Jissaleh chose his meal, there were only 2 other meals remaining, one of which I chose. That means the scum have a 50% chance of guessing which meal grants the Day Investigator ability.

Then again, it sounds as if there may be more than one scum faction, so we might be better off keeping the second faction from knowing anything about the meal.

I was granted Day Investigator ability today. I investigated JimButcher/Jissaleh Blazen. It turns out he's a member of the El Plutans Gang.

Score! Now we can ignore all of that tied vote nonsense (who comes up with these things?) and get the job done!

Do I even need to mention what happens if this is some kind of trick? I didn't think so. :grin:

Let's just pray that the rioters are dumb enough to try to trick us on the first day. I don't think so... either way, we caught a scum, and I'm leaning towards it being Jissaleh. :tongue: Does anyone know what they're doing with him when they've knocked him off? Could he possibly.... be a meal tomorrow......... :oh::grin: Here's hoping!

Then again, it sounds as if there may be more than one scum faction, so we might be better off keeping the second faction from knowing anything about the meal.

This is great that you're found a scum, but what makes you think there is more than one scum faction, what aren't you telling us?

If we have any brains we'll hide your action, so the scum can't take it tomorrow no problem - protect you tonight so we don't lose it, and then throw it back into the ring tomorrow. Even if a scum does have the 50/50 chance of taking it... well, luckily, investigation is not particularly useful to the scum. Right? Am I not thinking of something? Unless they find any neutrals, if there are any, which I doubt considering these numbers. Point is, don't reveal your meal and hopefully we can keep the investigation in the prison for a few more days.

There is a use the scum can find for with the investigator meal: know who took it and take it out. I feel that presently, we should keep the meals to ourselves, but as time goes and people know what actions do which, we should, see, reveal them, because in the future, it seems like the scum will know all the meals (like they did in a previous holo-book I read), though things are slightly different in our present situation, yeah? Just an idea, ya know? In the holo-book, the town got totally screwed by keeping stuff secret while the scum knew everything.

It looks like we got our first rioter, see! :sweet: Though, I'd like to hear Jissaleh's defense before coming to any conclusions, but, you know, see, ain't much that can beat a day investigation, right?!

Also, for those who wanted everybody to vote for the person below them, the only problem to that is incase there's a double voter among us (or, as it is, in one of the meals), so in this way, you know, it wouldn't work. Unless that's something you want...

I'm also happy to say that the NPCP provided funds for the day investigation to our first, likely rioter :sweet: !

This is great that you're found a scum, but what makes you think there is more than one scum faction, what aren't you telling us?

I also wonder why Tierro would think of that possibility. While I am ecstatic that we might've gotten our first rioter scum this early, that comment does indeed raise a red flag. But I'll give credit where it's due, and it's a blessing that his revelation made our Day 1 decision easy to do.

I don't have any solid proof, it's just that I was told Jissaleh was a member of the El Plutans Gang. So far in the OP, the scum have been broadly termed as gang members - the El Plutans name hasn't been used specifically. I'm just assuming that if there was only one faction, the rules would've specifically called the scum the El Plutans Gang, instead of simply Gang Members.

Hm. Well, a lot of you seem convinced already, and I don't blame you. An investigation on the first day is nothing to shrug about, and I'm probably dead today. :sceptic:

I don't know what to say. I'm just trying to help, and I don't believe I've done anything to merit an investigation. I suppose Tierro had to investigate someone, but I wonder what his motives are in revealing it. He may very well be an innocent criminal (ho hum) that took what he was given, but I can only provide possibilities, not explanations.

The meal that gave Tierro this ability could be insane. I remember the vids on past situations like this where everyone complains about "no leads" on Day 1. Perhaps the Warden allowed an insane investigation day action to get the ball rolling faster. You all saw how pissed the Warden was when we were planning to force a tie.

Also, I have to question the chances that we (you) caught a Rioter on Day 1. How would Tierro have gotten so lucky? Why me? Does he have an ulterior motive? Perhaps he is one of those Jesters, or there is in fact multiple mafias (though I doubt it, with only 17 of us).

I don't know. I'd be happy to take one for the team, though, so lynch me if you must. The town may be one weaker, yes, but hopefully my interrogation will help the rest of you answer questions.

Good luck.

I don't know. I'd be happy to take one for the team, though, so lynch me if you must. The town may be one weaker, yes, but hopefully my interrogation will help the rest of you answer questions.

Good luck.

I understand you sentiments, as this seems to be "too good to be true" to be happening on Day 1, but this is the best course of action we have today. I still remember the last vid that I saw about an asylum where the innocents ignored an investigation result and let a walrus scum live for a day, and I certainly don't want that to happen to us. Now in the worst case scenario that you turn up to be not a rioter, then we could always put the blame back on Tierro. That's the harsh reality of our sad sad prison life.

I'm willing to believe Tierro just got lucky in picking you. These things happen. In fact we were all lucky since he was able to bring you out into the open. If the meal is somehow insane, at least we'll know. I doubt it is though.

The meal that gave Tierro this ability could be insane. I remember the vids on past situations like this where everyone complains about "no leads" on Day 1. Perhaps the Warden allowed an insane investigation day action to get the ball rolling faster. You all saw how pissed the Warden was when we were planning to force a tie.

I don't think that's possible. I was told directly by the host that you are scum. There was no implication that anything went wrong with my investigation. Everything the host says should be taken as fact. What kind of stupid host would ever openly lie to their players? :wacko:

Also, I have to question the chances that we (you) caught a Rioter on Day 1. How would Tierro have gotten so lucky? Why me? Does he have an ulterior motive?

And if you're going to refer to vids from the past, how about the one about the Imperial Soldiers? There was a dashing investigator in it that discovered two scum on his first two nights. Do you remember how that one ended? The soldiers turned on the investigator and all died because they let the two confirmed scum live. And how about that vid about the Aventine plebs? There was a dashing investigator in that one too, and he discovered scum on the first night as well. Do you remember how that one ended? Neither do I, the series got cancelled once the antagonist started oinking. :wacko:

Dammit, I forgot where I was going with this. Ah, that's right: it's possible for an investigator to get lucky on the first day. It's happened before.

I also chose you because you were above me on the meal list. I was worried that if I investigated someone else and found they were scum, then you would have a 50/50 chance of guessing which ability I had. Then things might've been troublesome if you were scum (which you are). I hope that makes sense - it probably doesn't, but that's the logic I used when I investigated you.

Of course, I understand. You're doing the best you can, and I can't say I'd do any different if I was in your position. Lynch me now, but I warn the rest of you to be wary of this day cop meal when it comes around. At least, do so when my alignment is revealed tomorrow morning. Though I'm sure you've all already figured that out. :blush:

I don't think that's possible. I was told directly by the host that you are scum. There was no implication that anything went wrong with my investigation. Everything the host says should be taken as fact. What kind of stupid host would ever openly lie to their players? :wacko:

Maybe to one who's an insane cop? Not all vids with insane cops have included "hints" to their sanity.

Think about it. For too long have Day 1's and even Day 2's gone by where there's nothing to go on, and people mumble and grumble about "no evidence". I think one like the Warden here is likely to throw in something like an insane day cop action. No matter who the cop investigates, they'll get scum. It's likely that the result will be revealed, and said person (me) is lynched. The next day, when I'm revealed as innocent, you might be next, and so on. It's a method to get the ball rolling, make things interesting.

But of course, despite what I say, this is how it is going to be.

And if you're going to refer to vids from the past...

Dammit, I forgot where I was going with this. Ah, that's right: it's possible for an investigator to get lucky on the first day. It's happened before.

Indeed, all good points. However, correlation does not imply causation. Just because it's happened before, doesn't mean it will happen again. Of course, I can understand why you believe it happened again here.

I also chose you because you were above me on the meal list. I was worried that if I investigated someone else and found they were scum, then you would have a 50/50 chance of guessing which ability I had. Then things might've been troublesome if you were scum (which you are). I hope that makes sense - it probably doesn't, but that's the logic I used when I investigated you.

No, it doesn't make much sense. If I were scum (which I'm not), the whole scum team would definitely know which meal you took (or one of two). This doesn't make me any more of a likely candidate for investigation than the next guy. What about Zosma? If he's scum, the rioters have not a 50% chance of knowing which med has the Day Cop, but 100%. Which leads back to your motives.

Something's not adding up here. Like I said, hopefully my lynch will reveal some answers. At least there's that.

Now, I must return to my cell. I won't be surprised when I find myself lynched when I wake up, but that's just the way it goes in this crazy place.

The reason why Tierro investigated you doesn't seem important. What matters is the result of that investigation. The meal being insane would be a very dickish thing for the warden to do. And I don't think the warden is from my home galaxy. I could be wrong but I don't remember him being on my christmas card list. And everyone was one my christmas card list.

In any case this is about a billion times more solid of a lead than anything we had previously. Which was nothing.

RawwwwwwrRRR!!!! That was for you, my lycanthropic friend. :grin:

Anyway, I can hardly believe this is true. Could we have gotten so lucky on Day 1? But of course we have to vote for Jissaleh now, if only to test Tierro's trustworthiness.

Thanks for bringing it up, Tierro, even though it is risky. I'm still wondering if the meals we chose will be revealed at some point during the day...