bricked one

MOC: G1 Optimus Prime

Ah I call BULL! What Power Functions? :sceptic:

We see the reciever but that's it. Show us the juice! :tongue::thumbup:

Try the video, I hear they can show things in motion compared to a standard photograph that can not.

Mike

Dude.

You've got the touch.

:D

--

Okay Optimus is awesome - very impressive without any of the standard ball joints... but I'm absolutely BLOWN away by the remote control feature. Wicked awesome man

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ah I call BULL! What Power Functions? :sceptic:

We see the reciever but that's it. Show us the juice! :tongue::thumbup:

You can also hear the motors in the video, but if you insist...

6215180831_4ba31bbbbc_z.jpg

6215697674_f793ca83f5_z.jpg

also if you use this idea be sure to plug me in 'cause "plagiarism isn't cool!"- Chris

@horizon

Like everything else, it has it's flaws, but I'm working on it.(again)

Thanks everyone!! =)

Edited by bricked one

Mate, that is brilliant. I'm not a transformer fan boy so my praise is mainly engineering based rather than subject matter.

I love the way that everything is so simple once you see it all together. There's probably a lot of people looking at the finished product thinking "I could have built that" , but so far no-one has. You've done a great job of not overcomplicating things and making all those joins blend together so well in such a small package.

Great job on the power functions too. I remember having a toy truck when I was a kid that had the steering knob on the trailer and it would rotate the entire tractor unit like that. I would never have thought to put that into a minifig scale Lego model though. Stroke of brilliance.

Really nicely done - it almost looks and feels like the OP-toy from G1 I used to own. Way back when I was just a young kid.

Reminds also off the efforts I took to build the Decepticon jets from Lego: they could change form from robot to jet but they didn't look anything what you have created.

Pure awesomness!!!! Any chances that there will be some kind of instructions, or partslist added??? Would love to build one for myself!

I was just thinking that maybe a few Chrome-pieces could even add more awesomness to this MOC, like Chrome Grilles; Antenna...

You can also hear the motors in the video, but if you insist...

SNIP

SNIP

also if you use this idea be sure to plug me in 'cause "plagiarism isn't cool!"- Chris

@horizon

Like everything else, it has it's flaws, but I'm working on it.(again)

Thanks everyone!! =)

Hmmm. Beautiful and compact. :blush: I've been working on my Power Functions skills but I'm not there yet. :thumbup:

Edited by Rook

Wow.

This MOC is far better than those KREO Transformers products. :thumbup:

Just goes to show how much talent is in the LEGO community versus the designers working for other building toy companies. :wink:

Wow !

I just saw some kree-O in my toy store and they look soooo bad compared to your Transformers, absolutely brilliant. I never thought my eyes would meet this ;)

Very well done! The transformation is just incredible, don't know how people do it! :thumbup:

Also great job on the Power Functions!

CF

Thank you all. on top of there being little homework for me to day, you guys have truly made my day.

@Felix

Thanks, I like to start simple and then work my way up from there because it can only get more complicated so why make it harder for yourself.

@dartmar

thanks, my number 1 goal was to make it as G1 as possible. I'm also working on a decepticon seeker of my own. Do you have any pics of yours, I'd like to see it.

@Diggydoes

he did have a chrome grill at some point, but it looked weird because nothing else was chrome. eventally, when I start getting bricks form Bricklink I'll change all the light bley in the cab to chrome or metallic.

@TheBrickHitHouse

Thanks, but there are much better primes out there and mine is cool but not the best.(yet)

@Rook

I'm not a experience PF builder myself, I came up with that in 5 minutes and it actually worked. lol

@Bricknave

There is so much talent in the lego community, I think is unmeasurable, thanks

@dindon

Thanks, the kre-ore sets look so bad and they don't even transform which is just fail.

@decky

thanks, I really wanted that G1 look and feel.

@CommanderFox

Thanks, optimus' transformation is based on the original toy's, with a few improvements or course

Again, Thank you everyone!

Edited by bricked one

Absolutely amazing.

Im a huge Transformers fan particularly G1-until my first child came along this was one of the walls in my living room and the Prime section was probably my favourite bit:

xmas030.jpg

I love the fact that your creation looks more posable with more points of articulation than the G1 original who like most of the ones adapted from Diaclone for Transformers is a bit of a brick.

Love the use of "The Touch"(original or not) in the video-I still get goosebumps when I hear this as it reminds me of Prime Pwning most of the Decepticon forces single handedly in the 86 movie.

Also it looks a lot better than that ridiculously overpriced Kreo crap I saw at the shops the other day.

The PF integration is just the icing on the cake.

I would love to build one of these-is it bad etiquette to ask for instructions for peoples MOCs-if so ignore.

Til all are one.

Edited by martyboy70

G1 Optimus Prime is my favourite character from the whole transformers universum and I really didn't like idea with his death in Transformers the Movie (1986?). Many parents phoned to Hasbro because of their children who really liked Optimus and didn't agreed with his death.

After this G1 Optimus was ressurected, then killed and ressurected few times. I'm not sure why Americans sold G1 Optimus model for Japaneses (they call Optimus 'Convoy' because have problems with pronuncation 'Prime').

In Transformers Masterforce a man called Ginrai transforms into cassette and then transform into 'Convoy', but this was a bit over the top and I don't consider it to be a worth mentioning Transformers universum.

Just look at this short YT film:

Thankfully there are some real fans, who decided to create short films with G1 Optimus:

(fantastic thing)

(that should look movie Optimus)

bricked one, your Optimus is really great! I saw many lego Optimus, but your's the best (or one of the best). It's hard thing to make transforming robot, but you've done it. With PF-s.

You should only make him an Autobot insignia, becase Prime without it is only half-Prime :) And think about hands transforming like in masterpiece Optimus Prime:

Anyway, really good job!

Hi,

Just gotta say, WOW! Love it, man, I wish Lego had the license with Hasbro for transformers, rather than those K-Reo things. Pure sweetness. Hats off to you sir.

Cheers,

As a huge Transformers fan, this is both awesome to see and a little bit annoying. Annoying because A) Lego didn't get the license for Transformers and B) because the Kre-O sets are so bloody bad. They don't even transform!

Amazing work! Seeing Transformers in LEGO form is always nice, but seeing one that can actually transform into its forms is awe inspiring! Once again, great job!

I can't believe I haven't commented on this yet. :look:

Usually, Lego and Transformers don't mix, just look at BTR and Kre-O (although I have to admit, Kre-ons are pretty cute :blush: ). As a big fan of Lego/Transformers, this annoys me.

But this, in all honesty, is quite possibly my favourite MOC of all time. :wub:

The robot mode looks great and cartoon-accurate, but the fact that it transforms so well is simply spectacular. :cry_happy:

Even actual Transformer toys sometimes struggle to look good in both forms, but this does. The trailer, weapons, the Matrix of Leadership, Roller! :wub_drool:

Very, very good work. I really hope you do some more G1 characters in the future. :classic:

EDIT: I can't think of any better way to spend my 400th post!

Edited by LandShark

Im a big transformer fan and this is so awesome. Thank you for making my day. The RC functions are just too awesome. Can you explain how it steers? Im a little confused because it is driven by the trailer wheels right? How does it steer?

I can see why this has gotten so many comments and attention: in short, this is one of the best Lego Primes I've ever seen! :thumbup: I love the smoothness of it and how you even included the Matrix. Great work! :classic:

Thanks for posting this - brings back happy childhood memories of my Optimus Prime! Very nicely done too.