Why did you put the portal hubs upside down?Oh, and is that driveshaft just powering the fake engine?

Edited by Technyk32231

the second picture shows the axle from the side which will later be hidden from the body, the first one is from the underside and yes, the driveshaft is powering the fake V8

Ground clearance is very low....no baja

baja setup means = front suspension independent, rear axle is a solid one and this i will have.

the goal was not a high ground clearance, but a much lower look of the boss.

Edited by efferman

a short 2,4ghz RC test with 9,6V. there is no steering servo in the chassis at this time

9650664871_630787a7bd.jpg

9654870704_6a3bf6a973_z.jpg

9651637527_961d9f8785_z.jpg

Edited by efferman

WOW that sure is fast.

But I have to say I'm disappointed that you are using so many non-lego parts.

You only just got your RC motors, I think there is more room for experiments with Lego parts first. :sceptic:

sure, i can actuate the lipos from lego with a rc servo to get a semi proportionayl steering, and i can use a rc servo to actuate direction reversers to power the the rc motors, but this space is not available in the boss. at an another way the baja boss works completely with lego, but then i have to run beside the car, and this is not possible with my damaged legs. :wink:

Yeah silly PF stuff, has no range and you can't slow accel or stage steer the thing. I think we should start some sort of petition to lego. You have damaged legs? Sorry to hear that man... We could send in a pic of you to lego as the poster for our demands :cry_happy:.

But in future please do not roll the 41999 :tongue:

Effe, mates, can we reach that performance (or close to that) using standard LEGO Radio control unit with 8 (8x1,2) AA accus instead 6? (Two additional AA ouside the radio unit)

What do you think?

i think the RC unit with two extra accus should nearly have the same performance .it needs only much more space