Sign in to follow this  
skyliner

EBAY SCAM: UCS Millennium Falcon10179 - £186.99 NEW

An update for the auction issue I'm having with that lot. The buyer wants a $30 dollar refund because a few of the high value mini figs are cracked. Part of me just wants to give him the dumb refund to end the anxiety but the other part of me that likes to win wants to just have him send them all back (of course knowing if I'm getting exactly what I've sold is frightening) for a full refund. Damn choices.

An update for the auction issue I'm having with that lot. The buyer wants a $30 dollar refund because a few of the high value mini figs are cracked. Part of me just wants to give him the dumb refund to end the anxiety but the other part of me that likes to win wants to just have him send them all back (of course knowing if I'm getting exactly what I've sold is frightening) for a full refund. Damn choices.

Can he show photos of the minifigs that are damaged? If so, piece together exactly howmuch they are worth and thus howmuch you think he should get back. The 30$ figure sounds totally arbitrary.

- Sok.

Can he show photos of the minifigs that are damaged? If so, piece together exactly howmuch they are worth and thus howmuch you think he should get back. The 30$ figure sounds totally arbitrary.

- Sok.

He hasn't provided any pics so I just told him that I don't do partial refunds so he's welcome to send the lot back. He is now in the name calling phase and keeps insisting I give him a partial refund or else he's going to open a dispute with Paypal, which is funny because I called them right after he said that to see what his options are and they informed me that he will have to send them back to get a refund. We'll see where it goes from there. His candor has been nothing less than rude and condescending and very bullyish so I decided to call the bluff. His lack of pictures or detailed descriptions is also quite shady ad his reluctance to returning them makes me think he'd rather have them because of the good deal he got.

Be sure to mention to paypal that he is being rude and uncooperative. I've heard stories of sellers getting ripped off by buyers before.

That's one drawback of the feedback system, some people are willing to gamble theirs because they know others won't.

- Sok.

Be sure to mention to paypal that he is being rude and uncooperative. I've heard stories of sellers getting ripped off by buyers before.

That's one drawback of the feedback system, some people are willing to gamble theirs because they know others won't.

- Sok.

I read the Paypal guy his message and he agreed that he was bullying me into a partial refund so I think I'm okay. The buyer is a big Lego seller on eBay and his feedback speaks volumes about his attitude and business practices so it's okay. I'll probably get a negative feedback from him but I no longer care about my feedback.

I read the Paypal guy his message and he agreed that he was bullying me into a partial refund so I think I'm okay. The buyer is a big Lego seller on eBay and his feedback speaks volumes about his attitude and business practices so it's okay. I'll probably get a negative feedback from him but I no longer care about my feedback.

This guy is a p%#@k and needs to be banned from ebay, I mean u said they were used if he wanted perfect minifigs then why didn't he look for new ones!! :angry:

Update on the dodgy death star deal.

Finally got a full refund from Paypal today.

Lost out on a fiver as they didn't refund the postage it cost to send the USB cable back to the thievin' git, but I'm glad to get the bulk of it back.

Little bit older and a little bit wiser now.

Many thanks to all of you who gave good advice.

havethat.jpg

I celebrated by visiting the Lego shop in Cardiff and blowing £270 on a proper death star, which is what I should have done in the first place.

I haven't opened the box yet.

Part of me is scared in case it's just a bunch of rocks and a USB cable.

deathstar.jpg

(come on, who the hell buys a tootbrush on Ebay??).

You people are hilarious! :laugh::thumbup:

Anyway, I was tempted by this kind of ads too (knowing I don't really have $2000 for this awesome set atm, browsing online for a bargain and seeing those cheap prices on diytrade.com... boy it does look inviting) but had no idea this existed on eBay as well, jeez and I thought eBay trading and paying via Paypal was safe!

Well, good luck to everyone who fell for it, hope you get your money back. I guess I'll just have to grab a Falcon locally if I can locate it for a reasonable price, at least I'll know what I'll be receiving. :wink:

And they're back...be warned! :look: (link here)

The same seller has just advertised several high value sets at very low prices, the feedback looks very dodgy!

I've reported them all to Ebay :sad:

Edited by Lobot

And they're back...be warned! :look: (link here)

The same seller has just advertised several high value sets at very low prices, the feedback looks very dodgy!

I've reported them all to Ebay :sad:

Looks like they acted quickly this time as the listing has already been pulled.

I would say a scam, I mean £190 for a star wars UCS set is too good to be true, and i don't think it is the ship, maybe only the minifigures. So if you want to buy 10179, then i would say get one a bit more expensive to guarantee the complete set, and not being ripped off.

You can never be too careful on eBay and Amazon. Oh do you think 7283 from eBay at £60 a good deal, i mean all it is missing is the instructions, which i can find off the internet, and the guy has 100% feedback, should it be trusted though

Edited by AudiBobaR5-D2

I would say a scam, I mean £190 for a star wars UCS set is too good to be true, and i don't think it is the ship, maybe only the minifigures. So if you want to buy 10179, then i would say get one a bit more expensive to guarantee the complete set, and not being ripped off.

You can never be too careful on eBay and Amazon. Oh do you think 7283 from eBay at £60 a good deal, i mean all it is missing is the instructions, which i can find off the internet, and the guy has 100% feedback, should it be trusted though

Been noticing a heap of mid range UCS sets (R2-D2, Imperial Destroyer, Death star playset etc) on ebay from various sellers from China with 0 zero feedback. It amazes me that people still bid on these things and expect something to turn up.

Been noticing a heap of mid range UCS sets (R2-D2, Imperial Destroyer, Death star playset etc) on ebay from various sellers from China with 0 zero feedback. It amazes me that people still bid on these things and expect something to turn up.

Haha, i've been watching the same.

One guy from china with 0 feedback has sold the ucs shuttle and cafe corner in the last 2 days. Now, he may be 100% legit but it always makes me nervous dealing with those newbies with goodies such as those.

Anyhoo, $1000 au in his pocket, just hope the buyers know what they're doing and that their stuff turns up.

Why would people do this? :hmpf: I have been scammed before and believe me, it was not fun. it took a few months before I finally got my money back :angry:

Edited by friedchikenfairy

Why would people do this? :hmpf: I have been scammed before and believe me, it was not fun. it took a few months before I finally got my money back :angry:

Because of an old saying "A sucker is born every minute"

As long as there are "suckers" on eBay, scammer will keep milking them. eBay and Paypal already put a 21 days hold on fund for new sellers but with international sellers it's too easy to claim the item hasn't arrived yet and get the money out before eBay figures it out and shuts down the seller.

International sellers are also counting on the fact it's often next to impossible to send debt collector or police after them when the buyer is not in the same country.

For now all we could do is to make sure all eBay buyers are aware of scam and to avoid anything that is too good to be true, and to keep reporting suspicious auction to eBay.

Years ago I was a victim of a scam (not LEGO related). I bought a valuable collectible card off eBay at a price that was the low end of average selling range. Nothing seemed suspicious of it until 2 weeks went by with nothing. I asked the seller, seller said it was shipped. I asked for tracking, DC#, or copy of receipt showing it was shipped. Seller said it was shipped (notice how he avoided mentioning tracking ot such). I asked again for numbers or copy, he said again it was shipped.

Filed complaint, won PP claim but PP said nothing can be recovered as the account was empty. So I filed chargeback with credit card company. Got the money back, and the scammer's PP account likely ended up a negative $600. The one really nasty profanity laced message I got from the seller got his eBay account banned, and pretty much told me there's debt collector after him because I won CC chargeback.

PP was also mad at me for going over their head to credit card company but I told them I qualified for buyer protection and they failed to hold their end of contract promising full refund under buyer protection, their fault. It's probably a coincidence they changed the protection requirement to be harder to qualify next time. This was long before eBay started offering buyer protection service.

Because of an old saying "A sucker is born every minute"

As long as there are "suckers" on eBay, scammer will keep milking them. eBay and Paypal already put a 21 days hold on fund for new sellers but with international sellers it's too easy to claim the item hasn't arrived yet and get the money out before eBay figures it out and shuts down the seller.

International sellers are also counting on the fact it's often next to impossible to send debt collector or police after them when the buyer is not in the same country.

For now all we could do is to make sure all eBay buyers are aware of scam and to avoid anything that is too good to be true, and to keep reporting suspicious auction to eBay.

Years ago I was a victim of a scam (not LEGO related). I bought a valuable collectible card off eBay at a price that was the low end of average selling range. Nothing seemed suspicious of it until 2 weeks went by with nothing. I asked the seller, seller said it was shipped. I asked for tracking, DC#, or copy of receipt showing it was shipped. Seller said it was shipped (notice how he avoided mentioning tracking ot such). I asked again for numbers or copy, he said again it was shipped.

Filed complaint, won PP claim but PP said nothing can be recovered as the account was empty. So I filed chargeback with credit card company. Got the money back, and the scammer's PP account likely ended up a negative $600. The one really nasty profanity laced message I got from the seller got his eBay account banned, and pretty much told me there's debt collector after him because I won CC chargeback.

PP was also mad at me for going over their head to credit card company but I told them I qualified for buyer protection and they failed to hold their end of contract promising full refund under buyer protection, their fault. It's probably a coincidence they changed the protection requirement to be harder to qualify next time. This was long before eBay started offering buyer protection service.

There sure are a lot of miserable excuses for people out there! :devil:

And they're back again; New 10188 Death Stars for £116 including delivery (link here)

It looks like someone has hacked an old Ebay account, reported :angry:

Sign in to follow this