Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3: Day Four

Two more townies dead! Oh, how tragic! But at least we nailed a scummy Mafioso, so it wasn't a total disaster!

Did he also happen to mention that that investigator is me? :sceptic:

I guess I may as well be open about it, since people are starting to point fingers and I've lost my only ally to the damn scum. It's a hard decision considering the risks, but we've lost enough power roles already and I would hate for you to make a mistake and vote for me today. Luckily, Stanislav used his inventor action on the first night to give me a vest, so I am fairly confident that the scum can't kill me at night, at least not on the first attempt.

Blah blah blah....

Well hold on now. How about this.

You tell us you're an investigator, so you give us reason to be hasty about considering voting against you as if this is true then it's a great loss to us. Then you say you have a vest that grants you immunity from night-kills? If you're so bulletproof, why not admit your role as soon as you got your vest? That way us townies could have a reliable source to go to and we could also coordinate who to target at night.

And no one else has talked about your big confession yet today? What's going on people? :wacko:

I dunno. I'm not buying your story, Dmitri.

I'd like to hear more from Samuel about this.

Later though. The day is just starting, which is perfect time to get some painting done. And maybe some sculpting too as that is actually my job. Turns out 'artist' doesn't automatically mean 'painter', who'd have thought? :laugh:

And yeah, you told me his role. I unvoted him yesterday because of that claim and was waiting to see him confirm it yesterday by giving something to you.

Was that an agreed upon plan? That Stanislav would give something to Samuel and that you'd know it, Denis?

How would you know if he gave anything to Samuel? Even trackers normally can't tell what someone does when they're targeting someone else. Even if you knew Stanislav had targeted Samuel, how would you know what he was doing?

Well hold on now. How about this.

You tell us you're an investigator, so you give us reason to be hasty about considering voting against you as if this is true then it's a great loss to us. Then you say you have a vest that grants you immunity from night-kills? If you're so bulletproof, why not admit your role as soon as you got your vest? That way us townies could have a reliable source to go to and we could also coordinate who to target at night.

And no one else has talked about your big confession yet today? What's going on people? :wacko:

I dunno. I'm not buying your story, Dmitri.

I'd like to hear more from Samuel about this.

I didn't have quite much time, sorry. Well, it makes sence he didn't tell us, as the scum could simply have blocked him every day or converted him or just attacked him twice, if it really protects him only once (by the way, is there any reason why you think this is possible, Dmitri? Because I'd assume that a vest protects you whenever you're attacked). What makes no sence is telling his results publicly, which is never a good idea. If he's true and he's really an investigator, those people (except for Stanislavski) are likely to be killed or converted tonight. Also, Stanislavski is cleared town, and Samuel is less likely to be scum, as he avoided people voting for him yesterday. Yan didn't strike me as suspect either. It's a good excuse for targeting Stan anyway, in case Ruxana, assuming she's town, which is not proven yet and I'm not letting her off the hook, had tracked him.

That's not very strong evidence, I should add, but it point towards his direction. I'd like to hear from Dmitri who the "we" in "We decided that I should investigate Stanislav" is. Is there someone who can verify that or is it just you and Stan?

I'd like to hear from Dmitri who the "we" in "We decided that I should investigate Stanislav" is. Is there someone who can verify that or is it just you and Stan?

That would just be Stanislav and I; he was the only person I felt I could somewhat trust so far, due to his action.

And indeed, I was intending to work gradually to build up an alliance behind the scenes, but with the death of stanislav and sudden fingers being pointed my way, I don't feel that is possible any more. So I'd rather the information I have be out here where we can all use it.

And as noted, it would have been silly to role-claim too early, as the scum would have simply blocked me or attempted to kill me. As I'm sure they will try to do now sadly, but no helping that. What's done is done.

While I'm very happy that we were able to rid our town of another scum yesterday, I mourn the loss of Stanislav and Petr. :cry_sad:

I'm inclined to believe that Donil was not Yuri's killer- he was in fact a scum tracker/role cop; a role that a scum had in a book called Werewolf. Max killed Elena (and was poisoned by the Mad Scientist), and Donil decided to track Yuri, but the Baritones (or whoever the second mafia is) decided to kill Yuri that night. About the new MO, maybe Stanislav gave that gun out to whoever killed Petr? Or maybe, since Max is dead, the Russian Mafia had lost its automatic pistol?

But despite these heavy losses - and in Stanislav's case it truly was heavy, since he was our Town Inventor - we have unveiled two more Mafia members thanks to Stan's last minute reveal to me.

I can't help but be partially to blame for Stan's death, because I revealed his night action to the other person now confirmed to be Mafia.

The other person has been very passive-aggressive, yet because of his silence, he has flown under the radar.

The two people in question are Denis (def) and Dmitri (Dragonator). Our Inventor Stanislav pointed them to me saying he is 100% certain of it, and bearing the guilt of not trusting him earlier I must trust him now.

I hate to doubt you, but how did he know? Did he create investigative actions for himself, or was he just making educated guesses?

That's a pretty bold claim, Dmitri. *huh* Can anyone back this up?

I'm inclined to believe that Donil was not Yuri's killer- he was in fact a scum tracker/role cop; a role that a scum had in a book called Werewolf. Max killed Elena (and was poisoned by the Mad Scientist), and Donil decided to track Yuri, but the Baritones (or whoever the second mafia is) decided to kill Yuri that night. About the new MO, maybe Stanislav gave that gun out to whoever killed Petr? Or maybe, since Max is dead, the Russian Mafia had lost its automatic pistol?

I'm wondering the whole time; is it proven that Max killed Elena?

I'm wondering the whole time; is it proven that Max killed Elena?

No, that could very well be the work of another faction (or even a vigilante or a SK), but the fact that the Mad Scientist poured what looked like poison into Padme's glass makes me believe that the Mad Scientist is the poisoner and that Padme was Max- who died by poison.

About the new MO, maybe Stanislav gave that gun out to whoever killed Petr? Or maybe, since Max is dead, the Russian Mafia had lost its automatic pistol?

Normally the items that the inventor would invent would be one time use things. And I don't think he can normally give himself items either.

I think it's much more likely that they had to get a new pistol when Max died or ( less likely) that the new gun is a vigilante.

NO. But, he strongly emphasis to me again and again, that you are truly scum. At that point in time, I didn't treat him seriously until yesterday, he convinced me to vote for Donil. Furthermore, with his death to prove his innocence, I knew I had to take his word for real.

I guess I may as well be open about it, since people are starting to point fingers and I've lost my only ally to the damn scum. It's a hard decision considering the risks, but we've lost enough power roles already and I would hate for you to make a mistake and vote for me today. Luckily, Stanislav used his inventor action on the first night to give me a vest, so I am fairly confident that the scum can't kill me at night, at least not on the first attempt. doesn't mean they can't try during the day though! :laugh: I've been collaborating with him this whole time trying to make sense of our situation, and to have Samuel come out and say he sent a message saying he suspects me is very confusing, and certainly unexpected from my end. I am very interested to hear his reasoning, please do elaborate Samuel.

If you're interested, my results thus far have been:

Night 1: Samuel (town)

Night 2: Yan (town)

Night 3: Stanislav (town)

We decided that I should investigate Stanislav last night despite me already being certain of his alignment because we wanted to make sure I wasn't an insane investigator. It seems I am not, which I am certainly glad about. :laugh: There was some indication that things would be different during the full moon, but I received the result as per usual and currently don't have any reason not to trust Yan, so I think that my action at least remained unaffected.

I've put myself in the firing line now for the scum, and will probably die before the end now, but hopefully it will be of some benefit to my fellow townies.

I highly doubt that you are an investigator and you are good in fabricating results of such nature. Let us not fall into deception and for once, opening our eyes wide to make our judgment without your silver tongue.

Ahem, please remember that the night action that's "invented" isn't necessarily random. Or did Stanislav tell you that his inventions were random?

My assumption of an inventor, is "random", and each night, the inventor will get something random to pass onto someone. I didn't want him to elaborate further on his role but since his ability is of such nature, I had to understood it from my limited knowledge.

Normally the items that the inventor would invent would be one time use things. And I don't think he can normally give himself items either.

My same assumptions as well.

Whew! I'm glad Donil turned out scum. Although it seems the Russian mafia just transfers their kill to another member. Hey, at least they've dropped in numbers.

Damn shame about Stani and Petr. Well, Petr was still kind of strange, but according to Samuel and Wilem he was an Inventor too, which is even worse. :hmpf_bad:

NO. But, he strongly emphasis to me again and again, that you are truly scum. At that point in time, I didn't treat him seriously until yesterday, he convinced me to vote for Donil. Furthermore, with his death to prove his innocence, I knew I had to take his word for real.

Somebody pointed out 'what's your evidence besides Stanislav's word?'. And I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still waiting for the answer to that. Just because somebody's innocent means they're automatically right? We should put more by their word, yes, but he's got to have something to back up that word. How were his 2 suspects suspicious?

(Oops, that bottom paragraph of the reply to Wilem's post is mine, and it's supposed to be under that reply. Sorry. :blush: )

I wish I would have gotten a more elaborate explanation from Stanislav, but all he said was "If I don't survive the night, I'm absolutely certain that both Dragonator and def are scum." So it wasn't exactly "100%" like I remembered, but very close. And he used nicknames, but I think we know he was talking about Dmitri and Denis.

I was subsequently approached by those two in private. They both said pretty much the same thing as they said here in public, but I have to admit that Stanislav did mention being in contact with an investigator and that the investigator had found me Town on the first night. That is why my suspicions turn more towards Denis, who tried to sway the votes against Shadows last night. He had the nerve to ask me that Ruxana could follow him during the next night to confirm his innocence - as if Ruxana wasn't the last person I'd trust to tell the truth! :laugh:

Ruxana might be a tracker, but she sure as hell isn't working for the Town. I got a message that Ruxana was seen targetting Petr last night, and another message that said Ruxana had told that person she would track Boris. So she is definitely spreading lies around. Not to forget the fact that she ousted a Mafia member, yet still lives today!

Today, I for one will vote either Denis or Ruxana. You are free to make up your own minds, of course, but I strongly feel we will nail a scum if we vote either of the two.

Ruxana might be a tracker, but she sure as hell isn't working for the Town. I got a message that Ruxana was seen targetting Petr last night, and another message that said Ruxana had told that person she would track Boris. So she is definitely spreading lies around. Not to forget the fact that she ousted a Mafia member, yet still lives today!

That's very interesting. I suppose you trust the source you received this information from?

It seems odd to me that Stanislav would be in contact with Dimitri and know he was the investigator but use his final words to convince a few other people that he's scum. Plus weren't we all pretty sure the magnifying glass clue meant that Elena was our investigator? Dimitri might think the odds were good that no one would challenge him on such a role claim if the actual investigator were dead.

Plus weren't we all pretty sure the magnifying glass clue meant that Elena was our investigator? Dimitri might think the odds were good that no one would challenge him on such a role claim if the actual investigator were dead.

Well, I think Stanislavski would told Samuel if the investigator he was talking about was actually Elena, because why shouldn't he? She's dead anyway. On the other hand, he wouldn't base his trust in Samuel on Dmitri#s results if he was absolutely certain he was scum.

What kind of a night action could have revealed, that Ruxana has targetted Petr? Another tracker, I presume. Is this the game of the trackers? Now after Donil and Ruxana we got your tracker? Well, I never believed in the unblockable tracker anyway, and it seems she's been a liar as well.

I think it is likely she's a strongman, which speaks for her as first victim of conviction. On the other hand, we could prove Stanislavski's theory by voting off either Denis or Dmitri, but we know he's been town anyway, so there's not much to learn about him.

My opinion: We vote for Ruxana and leave Denis and Dmitri for the vigilante, the series killer and the other scum faction.

Well, it seems we've had some interesting revelations already today. I, for one, am inclined to believe Samuel (and Stanislav) at this point. And with this new information, Ruxana seems like the likely suspect. Denis is a bit suspicious as well.

As for the killings yesterday, Ruxana had to have been lying about Donil killing Yuri. Maybe he had targeted her, hell, maybe he was telling the truth about being a reporter, scum though he may have been. But if he had killed Yuri, that would mean that the Russian Mafia has two killers, since it has already been determined that Max killed Elena. Which I find to be highly unlikely, though we can't cross out that possibility.

One thing that doesn't fit here is Dmitri and his claim of investigator. If Stanislav knew he was the investigator, why is he sure that he's scum? I wish Stanislav would've explained this more before he died (RIP).

Of course, I'm inclined to believe Dmitri now since he claimed to have investigated me and found me innocent. Maybe that was his intention, maybe it wasn't and he is telling the truth. I don't know, but I think we have bigger fish to fry than him today. Meaning, more likely suspects.

So much new information today, please bear with me as I feel the need to summarise in order to make sense of it. Do let me know if I miss anything.

Stanislav

-town inventor, can give out actions (according to Samuel, Wilem and Dmitri)

-last message accusing Dmitri and Denis (according to Samuel and Wilem)

-in contact with unnamed investigator who has investigated Samuel (according to Samuel and Wilem)

-gives protection vest to Dmitri (according to Dmitri)

Dmitri

-claims town investigator; Stanislav, Samuel and Yan are town (according to Dmitri)

Denis

-was told about Stanislav's action by Samuel (according to Samuel and Denis)

Petr

-townie, killed by gun (fourth MO)

Ruxana

-seen targeting Petr last night (according to Samuel)

-claims intending to track Boris (according to Samuel)

Now my take on all this. I totally understand Stanislav to be suspicious of people who knew about his action, this knowledge making them prime suspects when he dies. We do need to keep in mind though that the scum could have had other reasons to want Stanislav dead, regardless of whether they knew about his action or not. Just like Eugene's suspicions shared with Petr before he was killed, we need to find out how Stanislav came to this conclusion and whether he was justified or paranoid.

If we are to believe all the claims made so far, Ruxana is not only an unblockable tracker but can also potentially kill. Do we know if anyone else might have targeted Petr last night? And if so, why Ruxana would have felt the need to track Petr? Some explanations are in order.

A-ha! Another who embraces my idea.

I highly doubt that you are an investigator and you are good in fabricating results of such nature. Let us not fall into deception and for once, opening our eyes wide to make our judgment without your silver tongue.

Yes, 'fabricating results'. If Dmitri is scum, then he can tell us what we all want to hear! Listing off deceased confirmed townies leads us to believe he knows what he's doing, and then saying Samuel is a confirmed townie to confuse us. Or something. :wacko:

Point is, he can tell us what we want to hear and hope that we believe him, knowing we'd be hesitant to vote him off in the case that he really is our investigator.

If I may chip in regarding the Inventor. This claim that you have a bulletproof vest is what adds to my doubt of your claims, Dmitri. One of my friends in Blackwood is an Inventor, and he can make one of three items each night, each of which is a one-time use. In order to stop people from harassing him he'd make a deadbolt to lock people out and stop them from ever getting to him. In understand Invetors can vary greatly between towns, but in my experience with bulletproof vests they've all lasted more than one night.

So I just have a hard time believing that our ex-Inventor made a bulletproof vest for you that can only last one attack. That goes against all I know about bulletproof vests. Which is quite a lot considering I'm a painter. :wacko:

By the way, I've just noticed that Stanislav was "disoriented" after walking in front of the deli last night. Why is this, do you think? Could he have been targeted by both the hitman and the poisoner?

But, if I may ask, is the only reason you doubt me because of what Stanislav told you? His gut instinct? I'm sorry, but that seems like very little to risk killing off the investigator in my opinion. If you're willing to take that risk I sure can't stop you, but at least my death will confirm my results for you and be of some little help I guess. :cry_sad:

I wish I would have gotten a more elaborate explanation from Stanislav, but all he said was "If I don't survive the night, I'm absolutely certain that both Dragonator and def are scum." So it wasn't exactly "100%" like I remembered, but very close. And he used nicknames, but I think we know he was talking about Dmitri and Denis.

Oh. That's all he said? No evidence, no reasoning, just a gut instinct? I must say that's rather hurtful. Are you sure there isn't some alternative motive behind his words? Because I'm pretty certain he didn't have any reason to suspect me, after I so trustingly revealed my action to him. To have him turn around and say this... it just confuses me, I honestly don't understand his logic.

Wait, someone saw Ruxana target Petr last night? *huh* Or is this another hunch? If you're certain, then that certainly suggests that Ruxana killed Petr, especially considering he lied about his target.

So I just have a hard time believing that our ex-Inventor made a bulletproof vest for you that can only last one attack. That goes against all I know about bulletproof vests. Which is quite a lot considering I'm a painter. :wacko:

To be honest I find it hard to understand how you could know anything about what an inventor can and can't make Irene. I know of inventors who can make pistols, for example. There are a lot of variations on these sorts of roles, so I find your reasoning to be a bit vague sorry. Doesn't matter what it's called, the item I received serves the same function. Your friend clearly wasn't in a town with many guns. Although I guess I'm only safe from a bullet, not from poison. Anyway, I've come out and revealed myself, I have one line of defence, so I expect I'll probably be dead within two days. But, if I can somehow help the town either confirm another couple of people or find a mafioso, then it will have been worth the risk. I'm sure the Mafia(s) would be more than happy to see me gone today, but I'm hoping that by being honest about my action I can avoid that.

Wait, someone saw Ruxana target Petr last night? *huh* Or is this another hunch? If you're certain, then that certainly suggests that Ruxana killed Petr, especially considering he lied about his target.

Yes, according to the person claiming to be "Peeping Tom", they saw Ruxana targetting Petr last night. Then another person sent me a message how Ruxana had told them yesterday she intended to track Boris.

If we place trust to those two sources (and me), then the case is clear, and Ruxana needs to be voted out. I might be lead on by the scum to wrongly accuse Ruxana instead of Donis, but somehow I doubt it...

Hi (writing from my phone, so quoting the things I'm replying to is too difficult, sorry)

To answer Nika's question:

I had no way to verify whether Stanislav was giving something to Samuel or not. I've been assuming Samuel was town ever since his voting problem the first day. It would be highly unusual for scum to be missing a vote. So, if he told me Stanislav gave him something, I would just assume it happened.

As for the stuff Samuel is saying, well, he's operating under his own 'unique' logic. The suspicion of Stanislav was the only thing we've agreed on, and we were both wrong in that. So, yeah, I told her in PM that if she needed evidence I was town, she could have me investigated or watched. Ruxana led to a scum conviction yesterday using a watching ability, so I don't get why she thought that an absurd thing to say. 'Unique' logic... If Ruxana was the only person who targeted Petr last night, he would be scum then, but it's a bizarre set of abilities. One of God's jokes, I guess. And I think Petr was a bizarre target, since he had seemed clear town to me since day two.

Anyway, I want to hear from Ruxana today before we vote. As much as I don't care for Samuel's thinking right now, I do think he is town and is a safe person to carry information through. I'd much rather we vote for actual reasons if we can, and not this gut-based stuff.

017.jpg

Samuel and Irene have been spending quite a bit of time together lately. After Irene lost Benji on the same day Samuel lost Sarah, Irene has kept an eye out for Samuel, making sure he doesn't feel lonely or get too depressed.

018.jpg

"That's going to be a lovely painting," Samuel tells Irene.

"Does it look like Sarah?" Irene asks.

"Yes, you've captured her likeness very well," Samuel tells her, "And I like that she's together with Benji."

"I think they're watching out for each other until we get there." Irene says.

"Let's hope that's later rather than sooner, my dear friend." Samuel laughs.

019.jpg

"Oh how sweet!" Barbara cries, "You two are watching out for each other."

020.jpg

"It is so nice to find something positive during these tragic times," Boris agrees, "I couldn't imagine losing my lovely Barbara."

"You might not want to turn to your right then." Irene cautions.

021.jpg

But Boris does turn to his right and is horrified at what he sees: his wife, Barbara, collapsed on the ground.

"No!!!!!!!" Boris cries, "Not Barbara! No. Wait, darling hang on. Please! You're OK! You're OK!"

022.jpg

But, she isn't OK. Boris checks for a pulse and can't find one.

"I didn't get to say goodbye..." Boris begins to cry.

Barbara (Bob the Construction Man) was a member of the Town.

023.jpg

"I'm going to need a bigger canvas." Irene says.

The Deceased

benji_dead.jpg

Benji, a businessman, married to Irene, played by Big Cam - convicted on Day One (Town)

eugene_dead.jpg

Eugene, a manager of The Green Door Tavern, played by Eskallon - murdered on Night One (Town)

sarah_dead.jpg

Sarah, a retired piano teacher, married to Samuel, played by Sirius Black - died mysteriously during Day Two (Town)

yuri_dead.jpg

Yuri, a personal trainer, played by badboytje88 - Murdered on Night Two (Town)

elena_dead.jpg

Elena, a college professor, played by Inconspicuous - murdered on Night Two (Town)

max_dead.jpg

Max, a lawyer, played by Masked Builder - died mysteriously during Day Three (Scum)

donil_dead.jpg

Donil, a police officer, brother of Nika and Timur, played by Waterbrick Down - convicted on Day Three (Scum)

petr_dead.jpg

Petr, a construction worker, played by Zepher - murdered on Night Three (Town)

stanislav_dead.jpg

Stanislav, brewery manager, played by Shadows - murdered on Night Three (Town)

barbara_dead.jpg

Barbara, a yoga instructor, married to Boris, played by Bob The Construction Man - died mysteriously during Day Four (Town)

You may now vote. You have 48 hours to reach a conviction. With 18 players left it takes 10 votes to lynch. Because that's the majority. That's what majority means. Not a word you can "play with." Duh.

Oh no! Poor Barbara! It looks like the SK/Vigilante is keeping with his/her theme of killing the quietest ones.

There are a lot of people were suspicious of today, but we don't want a vote so split between them that we can't even reach a conviction. Who does everyone think we should vote for?

:cry_sad: This is a sad turn of events. Not that I can say I didn't doubt her sometimes, too.

In any case, I think right now it's looking as if Ruxana is our top suspect, but I'll wait until she speaks up before acting.

Poor Barbara. She might have had some "interesting" theories, but she was nevertheless one of us.

Who does everyone think we should vote for?

While Ruxana seems like a obvious candidate, I agree that we should hear what she has to say first, considering she lead us to Donil's conviction yesterday. We owe her that.

Oh, no, that's horrible! Whoever the poisoner is, I advise they be more careful next time, townies are dropping like flies now. RIP, Barbara. :cry_sad:

I still think Ruxana is the one to be lynched today. She's had plenty of opportunities to speak up. I've even seen her reading the thread watching us talk without saying a word. I think she knows she's as good as dead.

Still, I would like to hear if she has anything to say.