Or make an option to choose between these 2 versions of sorting :classic:

I do plan on providing a more flexible filter/sorting form for these results. The other extreme of ordering by missing parts would show 2-part sets where you have 1 and are missing 1 :)

just been catching up and getting my inventory roughly up to date (still waiting on big ben, R2D2 and sopwith camel).

Is there a way to do an export of all pieces you have? I.e a combination of all pieces from 'my sets' + all pieces in 'my parts'?

just been catching up and getting my inventory roughly up to date (still waiting on big ben, R2D2 and sopwith camel).

Is there a way to do an export of all pieces you have? I.e a combination of all pieces from 'my sets' + all pieces in 'my parts'?

No, but I will add that to my list.

One small point from me if you don't mind,I liked the 'list' of custom moc's better than this slide show thing you have now.Is there a way to change this?

One small point from me if you don't mind,I liked the 'list' of custom moc's better than this slide show thing you have now.Is there a way to change this?

I had to change it as the list was too long. What about the old format did you like? Perhaps that you could see all MOCs for a particular designer?

I had to change it as the list was too long. What about the old format did you like? Perhaps that you could see all MOCs for a particular designer?

Well I would say i preferred the first set up more because:

You can see the model's desplayed in full.

You can see the other items that the designer made.

You do not have to scroll through 2 or more pages to find what you are looking for.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Hi!

I just have a random question about your amazing website, about the "MOC of the days" feature.

I was very pleased to see both of my MOCs lately in this frame on the homepage, and wondered how they got there. Are they selected by Rebrickable staff, or is it just a random MOC from the database? Anyway, this boosted my MOCs' page views & build attempts which is awesome!

Also, I noticed that sometimes the number build attempts is higher than the page views on the MOC analytics page. Also, the dates are messed up. For example, on November 8th (which would be yesterday), my MOC 0209 - Flatbed Tow Truck had 3 page views and 24 build attempts. How is that possible?

Anyway, keep on the great work!

Well I would say i preferred the first set up more because:

You can see the model's desplayed in full.

You can see the other items that the designer made.

You do not have to scroll through 2 or more pages to find what you are looking for.

I'm not entirely happy with the new page either, but needed to do something. I will think some more about it, thanks for your input.

Hi!

I just have a random question about your amazing website, about the "MOC of the days" feature.

I was very pleased to see both of my MOCs lately in this frame on the homepage, and wondered how they got there. Are they selected by Rebrickable staff, or is it just a random MOC from the database? Anyway, this boosted my MOCs' page views & build attempts which is awesome!

Also, I noticed that sometimes the number build attempts is higher than the page views on the MOC analytics page. Also, the dates are messed up. For example, on November 8th (which would be yesterday), my MOC 0209 - Flatbed Tow Truck had 3 page views and 24 build attempts. How is that possible?

Anyway, keep on the great work!

The "MOC of the day" is sort of random, but tries to pick ones that are not "hot". The idea being to give everyone a decent chance at getting page views - which it seems is working. On your analytics page, the build attempts are incremented whenever someone tried to build your set which can happen after searching for sets to build and not just via the set inventory page. I have now fixed the dates too, thanks for pointing that out!

I love the site, Technicmad. However I encountered an odd problem earlier on; after inputting 907 parts into "My Parts", I then exported it as a Peeron TSV. As an experiment I then deleted all those parts and imported the TSV back in again; it would only import a shade over 550 parts, and listed a long list of errors for the parts it couldn't import. Most of the errors involved not being able to find the part in the specified colour, despite me having picked those parts from the Rebrickable database.

I love the site, Technicmad. However I encountered an odd problem earlier on; after inputting 907 parts into "My Parts", I then exported it as a Peeron TSV. As an experiment I then deleted all those parts and imported the TSV back in again; it would only import a shade over 550 parts, and listed a long list of errors for the parts it couldn't import. Most of the errors involved not being able to find the part in the specified colour, despite me having picked those parts from the Rebrickable database.

This should be fixed now. It was exporting the file using Bricklink color descriptions instead of Peeron. Now it exports in the correct format and the import will check for a match against both Bricklink and Peeron color descriptions.

I have one comment on a problem I just had with set import. I keep track of all my official sets on my Brickset account which Rebrickable will import. I just re-imported my set list. It worked fine, but it wiped out all the MOCs from my inventory when I did the import. I had about 20 MOCs in my set list (which of course are NOT in my Brickset set list), and the entire list was overwritten when I imported meaning that I lost all the MOCs. Any easy way to exclude the MOCs from the overwrite?

I have one comment on a problem I just had with set import. I keep track of all my official sets on my Brickset account which Rebrickable will import. I just re-imported my set list. It worked fine, but it wiped out all the MOCs from my inventory when I did the import. I had about 20 MOCs in my set list (which of course are NOT in my Brickset set list), and the entire list was overwritten when I imported meaning that I lost all the MOCs. Any easy way to exclude the MOCs from the overwrite?

Ha, I thought I had prevented adding MOCs to your set list :) I guess it makes sense to have them there, must check the code to make sure it's being handled properly. As for the Brickset import - I could do something like only add new sets and report on Rebrickable sets that you have but weren't included in the import.

Ha, I thought I had prevented adding MOCs to your set list :) I guess it makes sense to have them there, must check the code to make sure it's being handled properly. As for the Brickset import - I could do something like only add new sets and report on Rebrickable sets that you have but weren't included in the import.

There are multiple reasons that I want MOCs on my set list. One is simply to keep track of them (although many of them are not yet on Rebrickable). Another reason is that they contribute a significant percentage to my overall parts so I want them to be included in my parts total.

It seems like a "compare and merge" rather than a straight "replace" would solve the import issue.

There are multiple reasons that I want MOCs on my set list. One is simply to keep track of them (although many of them are not yet on Rebrickable). Another reason is that they contribute a significant percentage to my overall parts so I want them to be included in my parts total.

It seems like a "compare and merge" rather than a straight "replace" would solve the import issue.

Import has been updated.

I just used the website a bit today. I like it so far. I actually had the same idea (not trying to be accusatory). I entered 6 sets; the 4 technic sets that I have gotten, the Emerald Night, and an old Bionicle set from when I was a kid. It got some pretty good results, with the highest being a Technic Mini.

I then tried finding sets that have the same pieces as the Emerald Night, where the results were poor. I'll try looking for MOC's on that website later.

It's a very nice site and could end up being really useful. There are a few issues with part rendering at the moment (particularly the slope pieces) and occasionally it suggests very odd sets. For example, suggesting a police motorcycle could be built out of the modular buildings because I'd only be missing the motorbike itself! It probably just needs some tweaking to work better with very small sets like that.

I see what you mean. They should program it so that it's less likely to show if there are rare pieces missing, especially exclusive ones. They could also have an options where you can ignore prints, ignore stickers, or even colours.

Technicmad (Nathan Thom) just posted this Rebrickable Blog news about "Multiple Set Lists":

"I have enhanced the way set management works on Rebrickable. Previously you had a single Set List with all of your sets. Now you can have multiple Set Lists to further split up your sets.

setlist.png

Set Lists

"What is a Set List? It is simply a collection of sets (and can include MOCs) that you want to logically group together. You will have a default Set List created for you if you have never added any sets before, with the name “My First Set List”.

setlists.png

"Each Set List can be separately configured to be included in the Build calculations. This enables things like:

• Keeping other family members’ sets in a separate list
  • Keeping a separate list of sets you don’t wish to break apart to rebuild other sets

"So now you can add all the sets in your collection even if you don’t intend on reusing their parts. This feature is also a stepping stone towards some other features I am planning – such as creating an exclusion list of parts from a MOC you have built and want to keep together for a while.

newsetlist.png

"To create a new Set List, click the “Add a Set List” button from the My RB > My Sets page. The new Set List will load and you can change its description and build type. You can then import or add your sets directly into this Set List. To import into a different list, simply click on it on the top list.

Importing

"When you import your sets from e.g. Brickset, any new sets will be added to the Set List you currently have selected. However, if you already have some of those sets in any of your Set Lists it will not be counted twice. This allows you to repeatedly import your sets without worrying about creating duplicates.

If you import your sets via the API function /api/set_user_sets, for example from the Brickset page, it will do the same checks but any new sets are always added to your first Set List.

Exporting

"Similarly, when you export your sets it will only export the sets in your currently selected Set List. If you are using the API function /api/get_user_sets it will combine all sets from all Set Lists in a single export.

Moving Sets

hover.png

"You can remove sets by hovering over them and clicking the X to delete that set (all copies of them if there are more than one in that Set List). Sorry iPad users – this doesn’t work on touch screen devices.

"To move a set from one set list to another, you can simply drag it onto a new Set List. Once you start to drag the set, a popup will appear with your Set Lists so you can drop it on one of them. This avoids any scrolling which doesn’t work too well with drag’n'drop in browsers."

dragset-300x237.png

Tablets are the future! Will it ever work on them dluder?

I'm able to use it fine on my iPad but to delete you have too delete all and then put the sets u want back on.

Tablets are the future! Will it ever work on them dluder?

I'm able to use it fine on my iPad but to delete you have too delete all and then put the sets u want back on.

Well I figured people don't delete sets too often so the effort of redesigning the interface wasn't worth it just yet :)

I've added a feature that I think people here might find very useful. I've built a simple page that can compare two sets (or mocs) and list the parts they have in common and those that are different. It's something that gets brought up quite a lot when new sets are released that closely resemble older sets.

Details of use: http://rebrickable.com/blog/2013/compare-lego-sets

The example from the image on that page: http://rebrickable.com/compare?s1=8043-1&s2=42006-1

@ Technicmad (Nathan Thom): That's a useful feature -- thanks for your excellent work! :classic:

I saw it. I hope it will be easier to use than Flickr which too me as a newbie is a mess. Maybe i'll find my way eventually but now i just might go with BSA? instead. On that note: what will the shorthand for Bricksafe be? :tongue: It can't be BS since that's taken. :sceptic: OK now on to more useful questions. :grin:

Edited by EyesOnly

Edit: Moved to Bricksafe topic.

Edited by Ted

I'm sorry if this has been covered already, but how can you re-import/refresh the parts list for a MOC of yours?

A totally new CAD file with all the parts and (hopefully) without mistakes is available, but I can't refresh the parts list with the new file, and the non-complete version with mistakes is still there bugging people.

Thanks in advance!