Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Seeing as the fairy does not respond, Cedric heads to the marketplace. "Might as well put my money to use."

On October 23, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Asphalt said:

I know little of the Theater.  What I have seen has been afar.  Few traveling performers wanted a child like me sitting in their front row when they came to a town to earn coin.   There was once a man who offered to buy me from my father to play the beast in his traveling show, but as you can see the offer was declined.  Human put great stock in the theater do they not?  There are those who devote their lives to becoming someone else.  There are times when I can see the attraction.  Though for entertainment I find myself drawn more to  a masterful told story, in the dead of night, beneath the stars around a roaring fire.  Friends and mead close.  Tell me your story Karie, It would please me to hear it.

"Well, I wanted something a little timely, and with this house debacle still simmering, I wanted to write something that would come onto the scene with a message of unity, and perseverance even through everything that's happened. I'm working on a small production based on the life of Tarokai, particularly covering him uniting the clans, how the orcs viewed him, and what ultimately happens to him and how history perceives him as what I consider a tragic figure." Karie's excitement seemingly overwhelms her as she gestures with her hands. "It's an idea at least. It's got a solid number of songs  at least conceptual written, but they need words. I'm looking for a lyricist. Considering your heritage, would you consider assisting me? Also, did I say small production? I mean probably really big."

16 hours ago, Rider Raider said:

Blizzard walks into the hall. "Bookmark say Blizzard snore too loud. Blizzard back now."

Karie sternly looked over her shoulder and noticed the yeti. "We're not going to have any more issues, are we?"

8 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Well, I wanted something a little timely, and with this house debacle still simmering, I wanted to write something that would come onto the scene with a message of unity, and perseverance even through everything that's happened. I'm working on a small production based on the life of Tarokai, particularly covering him uniting the clans, how the orcs viewed him, and what ultimately happens to him and how history perceives him as what I consider a tragic figure." Karie's excitement seemingly overwhelms her as she gestures with her hands. "It's an idea at least. It's got a solid number of songs  at least conceptual written, but they need words. I'm looking for a lyricist. Considering your heritage, would you consider assisting me? Also, did I say small production? I mean probably really big."

Karie sternly looked over her shoulder and noticed the yeti. "We're not going to have any more issues, are we?"

A worthy goal.  I would gladly lend my words to your tale. To have your songs recited and know I contributed would be a great honor.  If you would tell the tale of the Orc Clans, perhaps Miderun could be of help as well. 

On 10/29/2016 at 6:05 PM, Flipz said:

"Tiring, isn't it?" Arthur says with a sigh as he seats himself at Matthias' table.  "I've been gone for weeks, but I walk back in and it's all the same.  At least a few more Heroes have arrived from their missions, though.  Good to have everyone in one place for once."  Arthur glances around casually.  "So, how are things in the world?  Anything new to be worried about?"

"Oh, nothing of terrible interest. The Court of Demons has taken residence in the Hovels; there are slavers kidnapping Orcs here in the city and dragging them to the High Kingdoms for sale. The usual." Even Matthias isn't sure if the sarcasm in his voice is true world-weariness, actual anger, or joking fun. "How have you been? Seen anything interesting lately?"

Cedric walks back into the hall, with his new Sungold pin attached to his cloak. He takes the Health Core out of his Bag of Holding. This would be better in the hands of a more experienced hero. I could do the same with a grand potion... Cedric thinks before he puts up a sign that says

Cedric's Wonderful Wares

Health Core (60 Gold) *1 in Stock*

Cedric sits back in his chair, waiting for potential buyers.

2 hours ago, wiz said:

Cedric walks back into the hall, with his new Sungold pin attached to his cloak. He takes the Health Core out of his Bag of Holding. This would be better in the hands of a more experienced hero. I could do the same with a grand potion... Cedric thinks before he puts up a sign that says

Cedric's Wonderful Wares

Health Core (60 Gold) *1 in Stock*

Cedric sits back in his chair, waiting for potential buyers.

Noting a new Knight with a sign pinned to the next table over, Arthur surveys the listed deal.  "60 Gold for a Health Core?  Done," says Arthur, handing over the gold.  "Pleasure doing business with you, newcomer."

4 hours ago, StickFig said:

"Oh, nothing of terrible interest. The Court of Demons has taken residence in the Hovels; there are slavers kidnapping Orcs here in the city and dragging them to the High Kingdoms for sale. The usual." Even Matthias isn't sure if the sarcasm in his voice is true world-weariness, actual anger, or joking fun. "How have you been? Seen anything interesting lately?"

"You...might say that.  Remember that big storm a few months back, nearly destroyed the city?  I helped put an end to it.  Had to take out one of the Old Gods' original allies against the Darkness to do it, but the fool wouldn't see reason."  Arthur looks down at the floor.  "It cost me Miirym, though.  She left me, before the others killed her grandfather.  I still worry about her--what that did to her, and who she's becoming without me.  Part of me wants to go out searching for her, but another part's telling me it would only make things worse."  Arthur chuckles darkly.  "At least she's not a human child.  The two of us--we can afford to play the long game.  She's young, but she's also a Dragon--she can defend herself just fine without me.  And even if it takes decades to find each other once more--it's not like that's a significant chunk of our lifespans.  And ultimately, that's why I'm not going after her--we've got centuries, or longer, so there's no sense in damaging the relationship any further this early on.  We've got to share the world with each other for a very, very long time, so if she needs her space, I'm going to give it to her...no matter how painful it is for me."  The Skirmisher takes a long pull from his drink.  "Besides, she's got a protector out there--and a damn good one, an immortal who owes the both of us a life-debt.  With him on the case, I know she's safe, and if she needs my help, he'll let me know.  For now, that has to be enough."

14 hours ago, Flipz said:

"And ultimately, that's why I'm not going after her--we've got centuries, or longer, so there's no sense in damaging the relationship any further this early on...."

"Centuries seems a long, long time, Master Arthur. A long, long time. What good is there for us to live so long? I am beginning to fear that I will only live to see all my good works destroyed."

After a refreshing bath Namyrra felt a bit more ready to handle the world again, so she started on her long list of things that needed doing by finding Arthur in the hall. "Greetings master Arthur. These gloves of yours are really quite something, here, your agreed upon share: 3143 gold. Looking forward to a continued mutually beneficial business relationship."

Then on her way out she put up a note saying:

Stuff for sale or trade:
Gems: Emerald, Topaz, Garnet, Sapphire, Ruby, Aquamarine Price: 150 gold each, open for interesting trades and bulk discounts)
Weapons/shields, no set price, make me an offer: 
Nocturne Flute (WP: 6; inflicts the Asleep effect; Instrument)
Obsidian Scimitar (WP:20, darkness-elemental longsword)
Pongcanis Shield (SP: 7; Shield)
Winter Shield (SP:10, absorb ice but take double damage from fire; shield)

Looking for:
Sigil of the Cold Circle
Opal

On October 31, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Asphalt said:

A worthy goal.  I would gladly lend my words to your tale. To have your songs recited and know I contributed would be a great honor.  If you would tell the tale of the Orc Clans, perhaps Miderun could be of help as well. 

"Good to hear. I'm not sure how familiar you are with this sort of thing, but you'd get a spot on the playbill for being part of the production." Karie grinned. She forgot what it was like working in the theatre. It felt refreshing to return to a place she hadn't been in what felt like ages. "I can't say I've met Miderun before. Where's she now?"

10 minutes ago, Quarryman said:

Stuff for sale or trade:

Karie noted the sign on the door and approached the figure who posted it before they left.

"Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice the Nocturne Flute you had for sale. I'm willing to offer 80 gold for it. That sound fair?" Karie asked, jostling the coins in her hand.

"Sure miss, that sounds fair." Namyrra accepted the gold from Karie and handed over the Nocturne flute before leaving the hall to handle her business elsewhere.

Karie snagged the flute and handed the gold over (1907-80=1827 gold). "Pleasure doing business." She stated, nodding in appreciation. Before returning to her seat, Karie took a moment to write her own notice, placing it on the board. She returned to her seat and gingerly began inspecting her new purchase.

-Your Minstrel Needs Your Help!-
In order to ensure I'm at my peak game, I need Battle Songs. Your Battle Songs! I am willing to pay premium for any and all Battle Songs (assuming I already don't own it in my collection), as well as your unused Instruments. I'm willing to pay up to a minimum of 150 gold for each of your battle songs, and instruments on a case by case basis. If you have a Battle Song or instrument in your possession and have no interest in them, why not get something you can use and sell them to your local minstrel who has way to much money on her hands! Help me help you by selling me your Battle Songs and instruments! 
-Karie Alderflask-Cour

Edited by Kintobor

Cedric walks up to the Fenarian who posted the notice. "That Schmitar interests me. How about 80 gold and a mulled wine now, and 100 gold later?"

Edited by wiz

"Namyrra, I would like to purchase a Garnet and Sapphire from you. Do I have any item of interest to you? Or do you prefer I pay in gold?"

Cedric looks down at his pin yet again. Perhaps there is a moneymaking opportunity here...

Cedric's Sungold Wares

heroica-brightpolish_zpsb717c4c4.jpgBright Polish (SP +1 to one shield or armor upon use.) Costs 300 gold.
heroica-mystril.jpgMystril (Adds 10 spellpower when merged into a weapon at a smithy; can only be merged once per weapon, and never into shields; the weapon gets the “Mystic”-prefix.) Costs 1250 gold.
heroica-cornucopia.jpgCornucopia (This horn of plenty is said to ensure limitless wealth. Increases the holder’s gold by 25% at the end of each quest.) Costs 750 gold.
heroica-medalofvalor.jpgMedal of Valor (This pendant is awarded by the Bonapartes to those who show their heroism in the battle against piracy. The wearer gains double experience from battles; accessory.) Costs 2250 gold.
heroica-zirconia.jpgZirconia (This rare gem blessed by Ethereth reflects all the colours of the rainbow. The owner can cast spells of any element. It cannot be imbued into equipment.) Costs 1000 gold.

7 hours ago, StickFig said:

"Centuries seems a long, long time, Master Arthur. A long, long time. What good is there for us to live so long? I am beginning to fear that I will only live to see all my good works destroyed."

"You're not the only one.  But I think the Old Gods offer a clue: they care not for their own good works, but instead nurture and defend the works of others.  We are young, by their reckoning, so it's natural we feel the need to act, and act directly.  Perhaps once we attain their age, ego will have lost its appeal, and we will rather intervene than truly act on our own accord."  Arthur takes another long drink.  "But I'm sure that's for another day, for me anyway.  I gave up the life of a Hero once before.  I'm not quite ready to do it again quite so soon...and especially not with the Darkness looming on the horizon."

2 hours ago, Quarryman said:

After a refreshing bath Namyrra felt a bit more ready to handle the world again, so she started on her long list of things that needed doing by finding Arthur in the hall. "Greetings master Arthur. These gloves of yours are really quite something, here, your agreed upon share: 3143 gold. Looking forward to a continued mutually beneficial business relationship."

Then on her way out she put up a note saying:

Stuff for sale or trade:
Gems: Emerald, Topaz, Garnet, Sapphire, Ruby, Aquamarine Price: 150 gold each, open for interesting trades and bulk discounts)
Weapons/shields, no set price, make me an offer: 
Obsidian Scimitar (WP:20, darkness-elemental longsword)
Winter Shield (SP:10, absorb ice but take double damage from fire; shield)

Looking for:
Sigil of the Cold Circle
Opal

"Ah!  Thank you, Namyrra.  Might I trouble you to exchange 500 of that gold for a Cornucopia from the Sungold store?  I'm also in the market for a Ruby, if you're open to it."  Arthur slides back the requisite 650 gold total.  "I'm glad to hear the gloves are serving you well.  Out of curiosity, where exactly did they serve you?  It's been quite some time since we made our deal, but I don't think I've seen you since.  Long Quest?"

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

"Namyrra, I would like to purchase a Garnet and Sapphire from you. Do I have any item of interest to you? Or do you prefer I pay in gold?"

"Monk Pretzel!  Good to see you as well.  If you're up for some Marketplace shopping, I'd very much like to pick up some supplies."  Arthur scribbles down a list to show the Artisan.  "Let's see...does 850 gold sound fair for this lot?"

100 = 2x Blind Bomb
100 = 2x Seal Bomb
050 = 1x Stun Bomb
300 = 1x Desert Cloak (Immunity to fire-, earth- and wind-elemental damage; backwear.)
300 = remove gems from cloak, imbue into Shadeaux Cloak (6 gem operations)
150 = Imbue loose Ethereal Opal, Garnet, and Ruby into Icy Halberd (3 gem operations)
--------------------------------
1000 gold (750 w/Artisan discount)

3 hours ago, wiz said:

Cedric looks down at his pin yet again. Perhaps there is a moneymaking opportunity here...

Cedric's Sungold Wares

1 hour ago, Flipz said:

"Monk Pretzel!  Good to see you as well.  If you're up for some Marketplace shopping, I'd very much like to pick up some supplies."  Arthur scribbles down a list to show the Artisan.  "Let's see...does 850 gold sound fair for this lot?"

Jinnipher scoffed, and twirled the Immortal Helm between her hands. 
berserker.jpg
"Great, another Lind. Does loyalty mean nothing to you people?"

----
Meanwhile, Hybros slips into the saloon and takes a seat next to Arthur and Matthias, but seeing the former preoccupied by business, he turns to the gnome instead.
MimeAvGold.jpg
"Long time no see, heheh. How was the rest of Etheria?"

2 hours ago, Flipz said:

"You're not the only one.  But I think the Old Gods offer a clue: they care not for their own good works, but instead nurture and defend the works of others.  We are young, by their reckoning, so it's natural we feel the need to act, and act directly.  Perhaps once we attain their age, ego will have lost its appeal, and we will rather intervene than truly act on our own accord."  Arthur takes another long drink.  "But I'm sure that's for another day, for me anyway.  I gave up the life of a Hero once before.  I'm not quite ready to do it again quite so soon...and especially not with the Darkness looming on the horizon."

"Perhaps; perhaps we will only become as corrupt as the Old Gods themselves. In the meantime, well..." Even Matthias isn't sure what to do in the meantime, or even what 'the meantime' means to an immortal.

2 hours ago, Flipz said:

"Ah!  Thank you, Namyrra.  Might I trouble you to exchange 500 of that gold for a Cornucopia from the Sungold store?"

"What's this about a Sungold store? Are you talking about that green knight Cedric? I am wondering where he collects his wares."

6 minutes ago, JimBee said:

"Long time no see, heheh. How was the rest of Etheria?"

Interrupted plesantly from his covetous eyeing of Ziegfried's order with Pretzel and dealings with Uq, Matthias looks sidelong to Hybros. He always enjoyed being able to look people in the eyes, rather than the knees. "Very commercial, I think. I managed to waste quite a bit of gold. How are things with you?"

1 hour ago, StickFig said:

"What's this about a Sungold store? Are you talking about that green knight Cedric? I am wondering where he collects his wares."

"I can't help but overhear; I get my wares from the Sungold Alliance. You non-Sungolds give me money, and I buy from their shop. You could join, too, I'm sure they'd accept you after that slaver fiasco.

2 hours ago, StickFig said:

Interrupted plesantly from his covetous eyeing of Ziegfried's order with Pretzel and dealings with Uq, Matthias looks sidelong to Hybros. He always enjoyed being able to look people in the eyes, rather than the knees. "Very commercial, I think. I managed to waste quite a bit of gold. How are things with you?"

"Ehehm, that reminds me, did you ever pick up that item that I forgot to buy from Zed? I just returned from Goetia... We managed to prolong our time on this world by fending off those from another, heheh. Another archdemon is slain, along with this Baba witch that everyone has been so worried about here lately..."

Torald notices a lot of fuss around him. He stands up and looks for the source. He sees someone is selling a lot of items. Torald makes his way over and sees a shield.

23 hours ago, Quarryman said:

hmm.. maybe I can use that. I can go as high as 70 gold for this fine shield. Is that a deal?

21 hours ago, Flipz said:

"Of course, of course. I'll go get them for you at once."

19 hours ago, JimBee said:

"Great, another Lind. Does loyalty mean nothing to you people?"

"And what do you mean by that, Missy? I hope you're not getting all self-righteous on me. My loyalties are with Heroica and if I can help other heroes get what they need to do their work, then I'll do it. The marketplace owes its existence to me, so no, I don't feel bad if I use the discount they give me to help other heroes. I have been helping heroes in this way for years, if others want to run counterfeit businesses, that's their business, they can copy me if they like, but copycats rarely have the good intentions of the founding artists."

Having said that, I turn on my heels, heading to the marketplace.

I return shortly later with Arthur's purchases and hand them to him.

"It's good to see you again, Arthur. What have you been up to lately? I had a rather fulfilling quest just now with Namyrra and quite a few of the other gents around. And how have you been Jinnipher? Don't seem to have gotten any sweeter since we last met."

"By the way, Arthur," I say in a quieter voice. "I know where to get Mythril, if you're interested. I can get it for 1000 gold, so I'd charge you 1180 or something. No pressure, but I know a lot of heroes were interested in that stuff a while ago."

Hearing Karie's plea, I wave my hand to her.

"I'm sorry to say, but I can't remember if I ever quested with you before. Regardless, I have this instrument which you may be interested in:"

Demon's Fiddle (WP: 12, causes *Enamoured* and *Cursed*; Instrument)

58 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

Hearing Karie's plea, I wave my hand to her.

"I'm sorry to say, but I can't remember if I ever quested with you before. Regardless, I have this instrument which you may be interested in:"

Demon's Fiddle (WP: 12, causes *Enamoured* and *Cursed*; Instrument)

"No, we've met before. I distinctly remember speaking to you about demons and other things, although in terms of questing together, that's another story." Karie carefully lifts up the fiddle, looking it over, her fingers running over the instrument. It's smokey maroon wood had a singed smell to it as Karie inspected the fiddle closer.  She tunes it, playing a quick and jaunty couple of notes. She could feel an unnatural warmth rise from the instrument as she played. "It's nice. It's really nice.  How does 200 gold sound?"