Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Wow...sheesh. Makes my trip to R'klif sound like a picnic."

The letters burst into appearance with an all-too familiar Etherial vibration. Arthur scowls, his good mood thoroughly ruined. "'Scuse me..." He quickly gets up and walks off, Sorrow's necromantic cant echoing his own feelings.

Xander walks into the Hall, somewhat exhausted from the quest that had just transpired. However, his mission was not complete quite yet. Settling in a corner table of the hall, he quietly adjusted the sharp weapon that was neatly packaged and hanging from his back. He waited, looking for someone in particular....

A strong, silent figure manages to catch Arthur's eye. "Xander? Is that you?" He quickly conjures up another chair. "It's been a long time since Bric'bay--I hardly recognized you. I take it you have the weapon we corresponded about?" Arthur slides over 170 Gold. "Got back a couple of weeks ago from a trip to R'klif to help Lord Normorn. We ended up meeting and lending a hand to Isaac Shawe, but he didn't seem to appreciate our efforts as much as he did yours all that time ago."

Xander leans out of the shadow, relaxing his forearm on the table while extending his hand and a smile.

"It certainly has been a while, old friend." He pauses a moment, unlatching the trident from his back and laying the large, sharp object on the table.

"I believe this is yours. It's a fine weapon, heavy but perfectly balanced; it comes from a place with excellent smiths, yet corrupt leaders. It seems that is a common issue in this land of ours..." Xander pauses again, shaking his head slightly.

Rising to his feet, he takes the money while addressing Arthur. "We are now seasoned heroes, friend. What I have witnessed throughout my travels has not filled me with hope, and I feel that my destiny has not been fulfilled within this hall."

Xander sighs and continues. "I need to find myself, and I listen best when I am alone. I am sure we will cross paths again, Arthur. Until we do, I wish you wisdom to make the difficult decisions and strength to carry out your actions."

The hunter slowly makes his way to the hall entrance, opening the heavy doors and squinting at the morning light. He surveys the surrounding area, settling on a distant forest with a large mountain as its backdrop. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, Xander begins his ascent without turning back. Hand on his bow, he did not know when he would return...

"Oh, no, everything's fine. It's just... I just realized it's been almost a year. A year since I left Charis and got wound up in all this. If anything I'm just... thinking of what I've done."

Karie looks about, and returns to her letter writing.

"Hm. Fair enough. If it is of any consolation, Charis shopuld be back to normal now - and if not, before long. I... I was the one who dethroned the Fantome. Things should be stabilizing with him paralzed from the neck down, rotting in some cell."

I look down at the letters fluttering down from the sky.

"Huh. Plenty of letters these days... One appeared on the questboard."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure enough, a black parchment was hanging on the questboard, though it offered no assignment - only Grogmas greetings, upon first glance. however, the glowing white writing on the slip betrayed a more grim message than any quest assignment could... What was going on in Olegaia?

JPdDEdl.png

It had no signature... only "R".

Edited by Endgame

Well met,

I have joined you in hopes of continuing my studies in magic.

As a dwarf of a lowly underground comunity most paths available were geological in nature. this always seemd oddly uninspiring, where as i'm proficient if not expert in most dwarfly skills. I was delighted to discover an aptitude for magical skill. there is so much i would learn but with no formal magical eduction I instead plan to learn practical and combat magery.

On the way to Eubric I sourced a second hand broomstick from a Kindly forrest witch. Trying to learn to fly.

Also came accross a blagardly brigand on the road to Eubric. fetched the fellow a clip with the broomstic which makes a fine staff weapon:

Náin Herringson(played by Nic)

31 year old Male Dwarf, Mage, Level 1

Power: 4 (level+weapon)

Health: 5 (5+1/level up)

Ether: 5 (5+1/level up)

Gold: 10

Equipment: Broomstick (WP: 3)

Inventory: Ruby, potion

Whats that you say a flying demonstration? <sits astride broom...hover, hover,> wahaha! <flip, WUMP!> DAMN and BLAST it!! <rubs head>

~Two new quests have been posted on the Quest Board (#92 by Zepher and #93 by Sandy)!~

Heckz was on the brink of sleeping until he saw two new quests on the board. Seeing as if fate decided that Quest #92 was probably meant for three particular heroes (Cough cough Karie Arthur Sorrow cough cough), Heckz decided to sign up for his are of expertise, spooks. Heckz signs up for Quest #93.

"Good to hear. Maybe I should head back one of these days? I left without saying farewell to the few friends I had."

Karie got up to look over the quest board, glancing over the crypt letter and rolling her eyes.

"Kids..."

She then noticed the notice about the disappearing academy.

"Kids? Oh, this can't be good."

Karie signs up for Quest 93.

I pen my name under 92 and 93.

"Already saved one group of kids from a magic building... Why not another?"

"In between all of these odd occurences and that weird black note, dark days are definitely coming for Heroica..."

Alone again, Arthur sees two new pitches posted. Ella...? Here? And the Academy...Lyren and Nuitan! Torn, Arthur quickly pens his name for Quests 92 and 93.

Throlar Entered the hall, and saw;

Arthur,

A letter,

And a dwarf.

He read the letter first, a grim thing, but the signature...

"R., so our men in Luosh where right about the Prog leader." It was surprisingly accurate information from a city that was recovering from an invasion, especially one that had only two men assigned to it, then he cursed himself for reasoning ahead of the facts, but copied the letter all the same.

He decided to ignore Arthur for the time being and go straight to the dwarf.

"Hello there fellow dwarf," He said "from where do you hail?"

Edited by Lord Duvors

Mizuki, taking a break from sending letters, gets up from a table and walks to the questboard. Noticing two new quests, she signs up for quest 93. Walking to the bar, she gets hot chocolate and some cookies before walking back her table and thinking of who to send letters to next.

Tarn had been absent from the Hall for a few weeks, tending to his old master Rystael, who had been struck down by a bad case of Viratacuth flu. Wondering if there was anything exciting happening, he approached the Questboard. He skimmed Quest#92 but felt a thunderbolt fell him when he saw Ella's name. Excited to know she was in Eubric, he signed up for Quest#92: The Prophetess and the Warrior, in a scrawl made even worse by haste.

Heckz opens Jeaux's letter, surprised that one of the only people who sent him something was a probably heartless thing. Heckz grabbed the hair gel angrily Does the damned machine think a cheap gel that can only make my hair blue can make my already beautiful natural hair even more beautiful?! Although he was trying to make me more beautiful, maybe I'll give him something in return. Maybe. He kept the blue liquid, but only to throw it at the next person who called him ugly.

"In between all of these odd occurences and that weird black note, dark days are definitely coming for Heroica..."

"Eh, let it come. Since the house in on fire let us warm ourselves. At least, that's what Maxwell used to say when shit happens."

She pats her grandfather on the back and returns to her table in the corner of the saloon, snatching a bottle of wine and a glass and begins to peer through the paper.

"Butcher of Eubric Strikes Again! Typical drivel..."

Edited by Kintobor

"Unfortunately, it doesn't apply if you're inside the house currently." I muse.

"Butcher of Eubric? You mean a fair percentage of us heroes?" I give an invisible smirk.

She nickers, continuing to look through the paper. "It's a metaphor. Unlike that apparent house fire that happened a few months ago. An alchemist apparently spilled a whole bunch of chemicals and the place went ablaze. I think it was in the Three Gates area, on Barkley Avenue. Gutted the whole house and set the opposite two on fire. Thankfully no one was hurt. Still, just goes to show that one needs to take precautions. Particularly around this time of year."

"No, it's a nickname some killer's getting. She's apparently already killed four Hinckwell guards inside the villa's gatehouse. She's been credited for killing some guy. He was knocked out with a sleeping agent, then knifed in the back with a poisoned blade. Pretty cold move if you ask me." She loosens the collar of her sweater.

Greetings Throlar! <Shakes hand> I hail from an easterly dwarf community. The halls of the two gates. Where the forrest meets the mountains. Sadly there are few prospects out there if you don't like mining. I look for adventure, honing my magical skill and greater community.

And you Sir tell me of yourself?

I to would like to pen my name for quests 92 & 93

"I was involved in that house fire, or at least the circumstances around it. It was no accident, nor as it at the hands of Heroica." I choose to simply leave it at that.

"Its Grogmas Eve - think it would've killed them just to put something cheery in the paper for once?" I mumble.

"Oh well, at least we have this "Tidings of Comfort" service to help us out with spreading holiday cheer. How has your letter-writing gone thus far?"

"Seems you're involved with everything, aren't you?" Karie shook her head and began skimming through the paper.

"Orphanage funding? Is that cheery enough for you? Apparently the Wolfgang are funding orphanages and schools in the Hovels. Of course, murder sells, so it got a small article next to the Horoscope page, while this Butcher got a full front page with the third page continuing it."

Karie stuffs the letter from Ulric into her pocket discretely, along with the Medal of Valor.

"Rather well, actually. I got some kind of home cooking from Olivia, one of the Syndicate Admin's niece, and I'm in the middle of packaging up some liquor for Mr. Wigglepike. Yourself?"

"Could've sworn I saw you writing more letters than two... Maybe I'm just going senile. If I can't even remember my own last name, well."

"I wrote to a suicidal redhead who was brainwashed by a chemical called... Exter-something. No response yet."

"Oh, I sent one of to a friend in Charis. She hasn't sent a letter back yet, so... no news is good news, I suppose."

"I haven't received the letter yet. Must of got lost in the system." Karie laughs to herself.

Greetings Throlar! <Shakes hand> I hail from an easterly dwarf community. The halls of the two gates. Where the forrest meets the mountains. Sadly there are few prospects out there if you don't like mining. I look for adventure, honing my magical skill and greater community.

And you Sir tell me of yourself?

"I am an ambassador from the Titaan mountains, I represent the Wineghilm clan, the clan of the Golden Eagle, tough when one represents one clan one represents all."

He was about to ask where The Halls of the Two Gates where when his Ambassadorial Aid made his second entrance into the hall.

"Throlar, I must talk to you."

"Not now, I've just met someone new and..."

"New or not I need to drag you away, It's about Baltarok."

Throlar blanched.

Turning back to his new acquaintance he said "So sorry, I must leave you now, I'll talk to you later, good-bye."

And with that Throlar left the hall as soon as he entered it.

Edited by Lord Duvors