Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"I've completed five," the warden answers, nodding. He orders a drink and takes a sip, glancing around the Hall. Was it becoming home?

The gold; been saving those grating stones for when I get my hands on something nice.

"Well, that is quite a while. My last two quests were short. You're a Warden then? Or is the shield for someone else?"

Cool. Just wanted to confirm.

Edited by Palathadric

"Aye, I just became a Warden. Looking forward to testing my limits on my next quest, especially now that I've good equipment."

Em glances at Pretzel, inspecing him. "What are you?"

I shift about, uncomfortably.

"What am I? What do you mean?"

How could he know?

Suddenly, his question dawns on me,

"Ah, I apologize...I um...misunderstood you. I am a Paladin of the Pretzelian Order. I thought it wise to return to my roots, if you know what I mean, for a while. I have to admit though that even since becoming a Paladin, I've hardly had the chance to use this sword." I tap my trusty blade. "I guess the cross has become my new weapon of choice, eh?"

"That's one nasty piece of armour you have there, Warden...erm, 'Em,' was it? Would be interesting to try it on. I would be well-night invincible."

I chuckle.

Edited by Palathadric

I look in surprise at the gift.

"You really are very generous, Tarn. Are you sure you're in the right job class. A fellow like you should be a knight...perhaps a cleric, but I can't really see you being the latter..."

I pause for a while.

"Tarn, I have something very special for you...a gift that is..." I trail off.

"...Have you ever had an experience where you've thrown a bomb and utterly destroyed your enemies?"

"I have, just back there, underwater. Well, didn't destroy ALL the enemies, but it took out one and made a pretty good dent in the other."

Tarn gives Monk Pretzel the Counterstrike Gloves, and gives back to Arthur the Phoenix Essence he had just given.

"Take these as well, both of you, with my thanks and gratitude that we were able to accomplish much for the Princess."

He took another swig of his ale, and wistfully said, "It shall soon be time for me to leave. Can I ask a favour of you both?"

"Are you sure? You might need it to raise Mallelio." He chuckles, adding, "I'm just joking, it has to do with--well, just ask him yourself." He grimaces. "On second thought, don't. Some days are better left forgotten."

"Of course, Tarn, I'd be happy to help."

"Aye, I just became a Warden. Looking forward to testing my limits on my next quest, especially now that I've good equipment."

"Congratulations, Em! We should test out that armor of yours in the Arena sometime. Seems just yesterday you were running through alleyways and talking to little Proggs with me and Karie. I heard you were off helping the Progg colony recently, how did that go? Did those five little rascals ever get themselves any of the supplies they needed?"

Tarn looked aghast as Pretzel stated talking about annihilating enemies with bombs. "Pretzel, did you not hear of what happened in Dastan with a Bomb XX thrown by my hand? It was a terrible tragedy, and a good woman died because of my actions..."

He paused, not wanting to continue that line of thinking.

"The favour I wanted to ask you for, is to let people know where I have gone. I have made good friends here like Atramor, Nyx, Thothwick, Ellaria, Benji, Haldor and Tesni. Please let them know what has become of me."

Tarn looked aghast as Pretzel stated talking about annihilating enemies with bombs. "Pretzel, did you not hear of what happened in Dastan with a Bomb XX thrown by my hand? It was a terrible tragedy, and a good woman died because of my actions..."

He paused, not wanting to continue that line of thinking.

"The favour I wanted to ask you for, is to let people know where I have gone. I have made good friends here like Atramor, Nyx, Thothwick, Ellaria, Benji, Haldor and Tesni. Please let them know what has become of me."

Arthur winces. "I can help with about half of those. The other half sort of don't talk to me anymore." He looks apologetically at Tarn. "You're not the only one at this table who's made bad decisions that got good people killed. Some of those decisions..." He shrugged. "I'll tell who I can--whoever will listen. I can do at least that much."

I shift about, uncomfortably.

"What am I? What do you mean?"

How could he know?

Suddenly, his question dawns on me,

"Ah, I apologize...I um...misunderstood you. I am a Paladin of the Pretzelian Order. I thought it wise to return to my roots, if you know what I mean, for a while. I have to admit though that even since becoming a Paladin, I've hardly had the chance to use this sword." I tap my trusty blade. "I guess the cross has become my new weapon of choice, eh?"

"That's one nasty piece of armour you have there, Warden...erm, 'Em,' was it? Would be interesting to try it on. I would be well-night invincible."

I chuckle.

"Perhaps one day you will have the chance to try it on," Em nods. "Though it's heavy-- I'm not sure you'd be invincible."

"Congratulations, Em! We should test out that armor of yours in the Arena sometime. Seems just yesterday you were running through alleyways and talking to little Proggs with me and Karie. I heard you were off helping the Progg colony recently, how did that go? Did those five little rascals ever get themselves any of the supplies they needed?"

"The colony seemed well-stocked enough, despite the rough times they had because of Jetorix and the Oculoids. They were doing well, too; growing, albeit slowly. You should have seen the colony-- it wasn't pretty, but it was breathtaking."

Sarge looks at Tarn, having worked out that he was getting married, whilst getting no response from Pretzel. "So, err. Wanna buy a wedding ring?"

"Aint' used it yet, looks pretty fine though. :thumbup: Lessee, had another run in with the Dr Trice's folk. Whatssitcalled. Guild of invision. Well They're making undead. Aint through necromancy though. :sadnew:

"Undead? Not necromancy? A new form of abominable acts. I didn't trust that Trice guy for a moment, even if he said he was a doctor or whatever. Meh! Doctors these days think they can match the healing power of the Deity. Ha! Fools."

An I just went down under the city. Huge cave. Anyway, long story short some freaking crab wants to kill all o' us. :laugh: Suppose he counts as a deranged animal. Oh and, Erdy was there too. She seems good."

"Large cave? Huge deranged crab? Ha! It reminds me of an encounter I had some months, actually almost a year ago now, in this vault belonging to the Commerz Bank...Mrs. Ayla Commerz I believe her name was. Anyway, her vault was filled with these huge insects, really massive though. The one called himself the 'Death Progg.' What a fool, I slew him between the eyes, although not before he laid to rest one of the brasher of our company, God rest his soul."

Sarge takes a puff out of a cigar. He coughs, and looks at his bandaged hand. "Them blokes at the cathedral of commerce also told me some black news. The clerics. I've not got much time left 'parently. :look: Shows how much they bloody know. :hmpf_bad:" Taking another puff sarge looks up at Pretzel. " nuff of my woes, how've you been old friend?"

"You know, you really shouldn't smoke. It kills faster than old age. Ask any cleric...or doctor for that matter. I've seen the kind of suffering it can cause. I wouldn't trust the words of anyone coming out of that cathedral. They're ignorant. Well, not ignorant, but they're cheats, plain and simple. They're in it for the gold. You pay them, they give you a diagnoses. Sometimes it's terrific, if they think that by giving you such an answer you will reward them more bountifully (as if the prophecy had anything to do with the person giving it), otherwise they'll give you a bad prognosis so that you'll go to there doctor and buy a lot of remedies or suchlike. They're lousy! Don't trust them. You look healthy enough to me, barring the smoking and the leg of course. :grin:

"I have to admit I'm tremendously impressed the way you get around almost twice as fast on that peg-leg as most people I see walking. Strange, huh?"

"Oh..." I pause uncomfortably. "I apologize. No intention of bringing back bad memories. Is that when you first met the princess? You and Arthur both seemed to have met her before..." I trail off again.

"Anyway, what I meant to give you is this."

I hold out a Phoenix Incense.

"They are very rare and can only be purchased from the Fields of Glory, but they're very useful. Since you've seen the destructiveness of a bomb, then you must no that this is similar, only instead of bringing death, it brings life to all those around. They are very valuable and very prized, but keep it with you. It may get you and the princess out of some tight spots...if you ever face any."

"Ah, I do know Benji. The other names I can't say sound familiar. Atramor...is that the fellow who used to dress like a bum, but now wears a magnificent uniform?"

I chuckle lightly at the odd fellow who I had made more than one purchase from.

"By the way, if you ever meet any Rito, they're men with wings, send my greetings to them. I don't know how much the dragons there in Dastan come out these days, but if you ever happen to meet one named Retraga, then do wish her the best from me. I was on a quest to heal her of a deadly parasite sometime ago, you see."

"I heard you were off helping the Progg colony recently, how did that go? Did those five little rascals ever get themselves any of the supplies they needed?"

"Proggs!" I turn to the archer. "You were at a progg colony. I hope those demons aren't still entertaining plans of taking over Eubric and the world." :wacko:

Sarge looks at Tarn, having worked out that he was getting married, whilst getting no response from Pretzel.

Sorry, I thought I replied to your post. :blush:

Large cave? Huge deranged crab? Ha! It reminds me of an encounter I had some months, actually almost a year ago now, in this vault belonging to the Commerz Bank...Mrs. Ayla Commerz I believe her name was.

Hearing mention of the name, Jeaux enters into the conversation, "Then you may be interested to know that she is dead. Killed by a manifestation of dark magical energy."

"Proggs!" I turn to the archer. "You were at a progg colony. I hope those demons aren't still entertaining plans of taking over Eubric and the world." :wacko:

"Most of them do not seem to be. There is one who refers to himself as The Regret who intends to destroy the world, though he did more damage to the proggs than anyone else."

"Most of them do not seem to be. There is one who refers to himself as The Regret who intends to destroy the world, though he did more damage to the proggs than anyone else."

"I believe under their current leadership, the Proggs will find peace-- and a place amongst the species of Eubrick. The Regent has a good head on his shoulders."

"Large cave? Huge deranged crab? Ha! It reminds me of an encounter I had some months, actually almost a year ago now, in this vault belonging to the Commerz Bank...Mrs. Ayla Commerz I believe her name was. Anyway, her vault was filled with these huge insects, really massive though. The one called himself the 'Death Progg.' What a fool, I slew him between the eyes, although not before he laid to rest one of the brasher of our company, God rest his soul."

Hearing mention of the name, Jeaux enters into the conversation, "Then you may be interested to know that she is dead. Killed by a manifestation of dark magical energy."

"He means my daggers. Welllllll, kind of. The lass got possessed. Then we slit er jugular. Serves 'er right though, getting possessed like that. Caused us a bloody lot of trouble she did. Then we went and killed what was possessing 'er and then we came back. Weren't that interesting a quest but. :shrug_confused: "

"I wouldn't trust the words of anyone coming out of that cathedral. They're ignorant. Well, not ignorant, but they're cheats, plain and simple. They're in it for the gold. You pay them, they give you a diagnoses. Sometimes it's terrific, if they think that by giving you such an answer you will reward them more bountifully (as if the prophecy had anything to do with the person giving it), otherwise they'll give you a bad prognosis so that you'll go to there doctor and buy a lot of remedies or suchlike. They're lousy! Don't trust them. You look healthy enough to me, barring the smoking and the leg of course. :grin:

"I have to admit I'm tremendously impressed the way you get around almost twice as fast on that peg-leg as most people I see walking. Strange, huh?"

"Aparently fit and healthy're two different things. But it don't take a doctor to see I'm not in the good" Sarge unwraps the bandage over his bad arm. It doesn't look good, and after presenting it to Pretzel he wraps it up again.

A chair falls with a crash as Arthur suddenly stands, then collapses to his knees. He looks at Jeaux, but his sight is clearly fixed on that of his mind's eye. "The Regret...he's real? He's alive?" He struggles to his feet, righting the chair and leaning on it for support. "Best of luck, Tarn, I...I need to go."

Staggering out the doors, he turns back for one last look at the Hall--its tall arches, its aged stone, its imposing yet comforting design--before walking out into the city, to parts unknown.

"Damn the demons. Always causing problems around. There are too few ready to stand up against them. Poor woman. Any idea who took over the bank?" :innocent:

"I believe under their current leadership, the Proggs will find peace-- and a place amongst the species of Eubrick. The Regent has a good head on his shoulders."

"God forbid!" I mutter under my breath.

"He means my daggers. Welllllll, kind of. The lass got possessed. Then we slit er jugular. Serves 'er right though, getting possessed like that. Caused us a bloody lot of trouble she did. Then we went and killed what was possessing 'er and then we came back. Weren't that interesting a quest but. :shrug_confused:"

"Possessed! That's no good. Had you no cleric on the team to cleanse her mind? It is a shame, really, that I was not there, perhaps the human side of her could have won out. Mankind has grown too weak to such things though. They need to be stronger mentally to know what's good for them, but they try to open their minds to new knowledge and new whatever else, but they end up opening it to the demons as well. Tsk, tsk!"

"Aparently fit and healthy're two different things. But it don't take a doctor to see I'm not in the good" Sarge unwraps the bandage over his bad arm. It doesn't look good, and after presenting it to Pretzel he wraps it up again.

"I gaze in some horror at the mass of...whatever it is. You know I cured a dragon in Dastan who had a massive parasitic growth on its abdomen. Of course, I imagine dragons have better recovering power than humans. Have you considered amputation? You already did the leg and it doesn't seem to have affected you for the worse." I chuckle lightly.

A chair falls with a crash as Arthur suddenly stands, then collapses to his knees. He looks at Jeaux, but his sight is clearly fixed on that of his mind's eye. "The Regret...he's real? He's alive?" He struggles to his feet, righting the chair and leaning on it for support. "Best of luck, Tarn, I...I need to go."

Sarge can't help but chuckle as the hero staggers out of the hall. The regret was a joke. Powerful, yes. But as harmful as a child throwing a tantrum no less.

"I gaze in some horror at the mass of...whatever it is. You know I cured a dragon in Dastan who had a massive parasitic growth on its abdomen. Of course, I imagine dragons have better recovering power than humans. Have you considered amputation? You already did the leg and it doesn't seem to have affected you for the worse." I chuckle lightly.

"Considered it but being a cripple's no way to live. And it 'prolly won't work 'swell."

I shrug. "Is it spreading?"

Sarge can't help but chuckle as the hero staggers out of the hall. The regret was a joke. Powerful, yes. But as harmful as a child throwing a tantrum no less.

I chuckle.

"Glad to hear that. Although Arthur seems disturbed by his mention. Such is life!"

Tarn clasped Pretzel on the shoulder. "Thank you for the offer, my friend, but you keep the Insense. Hopefully you will never need to use it, but I would not take it from you and leave you without."

He looked around the Hall, perhaps for the last time. "I must make my way now, to catch Princess Ella at the Temple before we leave. Take care all, may you forever be known as heroes of Heroica!"

With a smile, the tall Raider departs.

I hand Docken 150 gold and accept the Scroll of Arc Sleep, respecting the Warden's silent, unassuming manner.

Current Sign-Ups for Quest #97: Infestation:

-Darksten (Comrade Commander)

-Hoang Anh (Hoanganhbeo)

24 hours remain.

Sarge signs up for quest #97

"Going for pest control, eh?" I chuckle.