Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

See, it's stuff like that that's unnecessary. Something like what Doc said about price is reasonable and non-aggressive, as opposed to accusatory and inflammatory.

But it's true. Truth hurts sometimes boy, deal with it.

Edited by Scubacarrot

I don't think so, it's about not about what Kadabra thinks, it's about the items from a character that is GONE, being practically given away (aka sold for way too low amounts). I think gone is gone, and as soon as the character is gone, so are the items, and doing it like this is just circumventing the rules, and Flipz knows that damn well.

Have you read my modified post in the Hall? I'm now only taking one item (a Scroll), and I'm paying 50 Gold for it. A fair trade.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to a potential misunderstanding of a ruling made by the game host. :wink: Again, take a look at the revised deal.

Edited by Flipz

Have you read my modified post in the Hall? I'm now only taking one item (a Scroll), and I'm paying 50 Gold for it. A fair trade.

No. Character is still dead and another person just payed 125 gold for the same item.

Elphaba may sell offensive scrolls for 50 Gold, but I believe it had a price attached to it from Jeb's quest greater than that.

Yes, it was sold for 75 Gold in Jeb's quest.

I don't think so, it's about not about what Kadabra thinks, it's about the items from a character that is GONE, being practically given away (aka sold for way too low amounts). I think gone is gone, and as soon as the character is gone, so are the items, and doing it like this is just circumventing the rules, and Flipz knows that damn well.

Kadabra hasn't properly ended his character yet, nor has he created a new one, so I would think that he still has a say while Arasmyth is still his to control. If he were to log on and agree with the trades, I do not see why that wouldn't be legitimate.

Wow, that is an unecessary thing to say. Accross the internet especially, where you actually have no idea who Flipz is. I also dislike it when age is used to condescend on others, and for all we know, Flipz could be double your age and with a larger moustache. Furthurmore, I disagree with your point. As I said before, Kadabra is the only one who can really sort this. :classic:

-snip-

Nur has always had trouble telling elves apart.

Thanks for cheering us up. :rofl:

Edited by Scorpiox

Thanks for the compliments regarding the story of the Shadeaux twins. I'm really enjoying that I finally get to tell all these stories that have been building up inside my mind for over a year.

My next quest is the first genuine Ji Pei quest, so the blue-skinned family will not be neglected any longer. :wink:

Nur has always had trouble telling elves apart.

Even with the moustache? :tongue:

As what comes to Kadabra's items, I already said he's free to sell them before eliminating his character, but none of the items must not end up in the hands of his new character (unless he buys them for a worthy price). That's my final ruling about the issue, like it or not.

Flipz is the wrong tree to bark in this issue, anyway, since he's just buying things from another player - which anyone else can do as well. There's no set prices between player trades, it is totally between the two players and other players have no business complaining about it.

My next quest is the first genuine Ji Pei quest, so the blue-skinned family will not be neglected any longer. :wink:

Great, I can't wait to know more about them. Somebody had better page JimB before it's too late and he gains more Bonaparte reputation. :tongue:

Kadabra hasn't properly ended his character yet, nor has he created a new one, so I would think that he still has a say while Arasmyth is still his to control. If he were to log on and agree with the trades, I do not see why that wouldn't be legitimate.

Wow, that is an unecessary thing to say. Accross the internet especially, where you actually have no idea who Flipz is. I also dislike it when age is used to condescend on others, and for all we know, Flipz could be double your age and with a larger moustache. Furthurmore, I disagree with your point. As I said before, Kadabra is the only one who can really sort this. :classic:

I was told the character died, so. My points still stand, although if I'm wrong and Kadabra trades the item legitimately, it would be fine, of course.

And no one has a larger mustache. Just saying.

Xander walks up the to the cold corpse of Arasmyth, plucking everything from his dead body and leaving a single gold coin. Kidding! :tongue: I do want to see a ghost version of Arasmyth now though, the roleplaying possibilities with Arthur are endless.

I was just teasing Flipz in the first place, but obviously there are some other people that take this game way too seriously and cannot stand for some people to benefit slightly while they do not.

Edited by posades

I was just teasing Flipz in the first place, but obviously there are some other people that take this game way too seriously and cannot stand for some people to benefit slightly while they do not.

Nah mate, a game that's not fair is a bad game. And I don't think is a bad game. So I like to keep it fair. Obviously there are some people that prefer to make backhanded insults and act like an eight year old, but there you go.

Nah mate, a game that's not fair is a bad game. And I don't think is a bad game. So I like to keep it fair. Obviously there are some people that prefer to make backhanded insults and act like an eight year old, but there you go.

The only eight-year old I know calls people names when they get upset, they don't make backhanded insults. What Flipz did was totally within the rules, so to call him a cheater is a flat-out lie; I'm sorry that it didn't sit well with you, but seeing as he did nothing to break the rules makes it perfectly fair. And I agree, this is a great game. :classic:

The only eight-year old I know calls people names when they get upset, they don't make backhanded insults. What Flipz did was totally within the rules, so to call him a cheater is a flat-out lie; I'm sorry that it didn't sit well with you, but seeing as he did nothing to break the rules makes it perfectly fair. And I agree, this is a great game. :classic:

Look man, if you want to keep insulting me, take it to PM, other people don't care.

And read.

Edited by Scubacarrot

Alright, alright, let's end the discussion. Sandy has clarified things and we can now move on. :sadnew:

In other news, here's a teaser for the next work in progress quest.

7941400590_fd1e1a8b30.jpg

That is an awesome shot. :thumbup: I want in that party, WBD quests are fun. :grin:

Will this be Heroica's first quest in a dwarven mine? I'm surprised it's taken so long for that to happen. :laugh:

It looks great, WBD.

That is an awesome shot. :thumbup: I want in that party, WBD quests are fun. :grin:

:drool: Yeah, I'd really want to go on that Quest, but there's no way I'm giving up a shot at Wren. :wink: Can't wait to see how it goes, though, WBD!

EDIT: Khorne, what face do you use for Arn? I can't place it for the life of me, and it's driving me nuts! :blush:

Edited by Flipz

Brickdoctor, did you have a date on when we need to head back to the hall? If it depends on getting your scroll from Swils, maybe he could leave it with someone until we return?

Edited by posades

Brickdoctor, did you have a date on when we need to head back to the hall? If it depends on getting your scroll from Swils, maybe he could leave it with someone until we return?

Preferably before October 15th! :grin:

Gc7Bv.gif

Circa 3,000 years before 36.

A teaser. Not the most important shot at first glance, but... do a little digging into the Progg hierarchy and it has a pretty big impact.

Edited by Endgame

I asked swils, and he said that he plans to take a team of heroes to the Fields after we left, so he shouldn't be leaving the Hall until we get back. We should probably be nice and not take too long, though. :grin:

Will this be Heroica's first quest in a dwarven mine? I'm surprised it's taken so long for that to happen. :laugh:

It looks great, WBD.

Well I initially thought about having dwarves that lived in trees and elves that lived underground, but my collection is more suited for tunnels and caverns and I really wanted to do a dwarf quest so here we are. Building is slow, as I'm creating 3 & 1/2 towns in addition to a number of tunnel and cavern scenes, but hopefully it will all come together in the end.

:drool: Yeah, I'd really want to go on that Quest, but there's no way I'm giving up a shot at Wren. :wink: Can't wait to see how it goes, though, WBD!

EDIT: Khorne, what face do you use for Arn? I can't place it for the life of me, and it's driving me nuts! :blush:

Don't worry Flipz, this will be a 3-parter so you'll have plenty of opportunities.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Half of a npc town? Yikes, I smell catastrophe. :sing:

Anyone figured out who the cute little fella above is? :devil:

Edited by Endgame

ETA on sign-ups? :grin: A 3-part WBD quest sounds awesome, and Atramor gets along well with (the average) dwarf.

Anyone figured out who the cute little fella above is? :devil:

Is it....the Proggfather? :look: