Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Not very low. :wink: You're more than eligible for 94, unless you get chosen for 95. :classic:

Is it just me or is Namaah based off of Lolth, the spider goddess of the Drow? :tongue::thumbup:

Is it just me or is Namaah based off of Lolth, the spider goddess of the Drow? :tongue::thumbup:

Half-spider, half-woman creatures have actually been surprisingly common creatures of lore since the ancient times, like for example Arachne and Jorogumo. :wink:

Half-spider, half-woman creatures have actually been surprisingly common creatures of lore since the ancient times, like for example Arachne and Jorogumo. :wink:

Huh. Learn something new every day. :laugh:

The fight should end by the time the sign ups close, so don't get too panicky. :wink:

The fight should end by the time the sign ups close, so don't get too panicky. :wink:

Well, with the amount of Sentinels Throlar is rolling, panicking is always a viable option. :tongue:

Is it just me, or does The Customizer have a bad habit of getting Erdathcath onto slow-moving quests. :look:

So, Pretzel is stuck between two Ji Pei lovers and a Prophetess who is more accepting of others than is good for her...damn this quest will be tough. :grin:

Is it just me, or does The Customizer have a bad habit of getting Erdathcath onto slow-moving quests. :look:

I'm working on it, I'm working on it! :blush:

(Big football day today, and I'm trying to prepare the rest of the sets in advance.)

Yeah and Romulus doesn't want to join apparently. Hopefully we can get the players, basically any rogue that signs up right now is guaranteed a spot in 95...

Big football day today...

Playing or watching? I do realize that we're probably talking about a different sport, bu

Is there a reason you need rogues? You could always take one rogue and a few other non rogues. That's your best bet as of right now, Bricksandparts. :classic:

It's Tarn's first Quest with Pretzel and the Monk is not disappointing with the crotchetiness :classic:

Yay! :laugh: Let's see how well I can maintain it. I have a bad habit of succumbing under pressure. :tongue:

Good gods that took entirely too long for me to post.

I kind of want to keep Arthur and Pretzel's amicable relationship going, mostly because it's so bizarre and illogical and because Pretzel represents pretty much everything that real-world me despises (and several that Arthur hates as well). It's just funny to me that they're getting along like old pals in spite of being polar opposites--and so ultimately, that means making Arthur not launch into a wall of text when Pretzel says something he doesn't like. (The irony, of course, being that the usually-succinct Pretzel, who normally belittles his adversaries rather thoroughly within a couple of lines of speech, has actually spoken more on this topic than any of the other characters. :tongue: )

Opposites attract some times. Don't tell your characters who they should like, just let them like people. They should speak to you. Boomingham's friends should in theory be people like Sarge and Pretzel, but he's really friends with Nyx, Ellaria, Atramor and Hybros. And Nerwen! Who knows why? I certainly wouldn't have guessed them, but here we are!

EDIT: Also on my way back up to school tomorrow, so updates will be late in the day for both quests but then we will be totally back on track!

Edited by Zepher

Actually, question: these warehouses aren't at Guffington Manor, are they? Because if it's the manor I want to write Arthur a brief reaction to realizing it's where he spoke with demons just a year ago.

EDIT: I accidentally a word.

Edited by Flipz

I kind of want to keep Arthur and Pretzel's amicable relationship going, mostly because it's so bizarre and illogical and because Pretzel represents pretty much everything that real-world me despises (and several that Arthur hates as well). It's just funny to me that they're getting along like old pals in spite of being polar opposites--and so ultimately, that means making Arthur not launch into a wall of text when Pretzel says something he doesn't like.

I'm actually pretty pleased with the arguments I've come up with for Pretzel thus far. It's not easy arguing for someone who has values quite contrary to mine. Also, I think I tend to avoid conflict in general whilst Pretzel jumps into it all guns blazing. I'm really surprised how well Pretzel and Arthur have been getting along thus far even if I can't see it lasting.

Boomingham's friends should in theory be people like Sarge and Pretzel, but he's really friends with Nyx, Ellaria, Atramor and Hybros. And Nerwen! Who knows why? I certainly wouldn't have guessed them, but here we are!

It's possible that he's not friends with guys like Pretzel because he's never really met him or quested with him. I guess we'll see if it ever happens. Actually Pretzel has never quested with any one of Boomingham's "friends" (I wouldn't really consider the Unlimited Quest as "questing," it's just not the same). It would be interesting to see what happens if they meet. I can see them getting along fairly well unless Pretzel encounters one of Boomingham's friends first and manages to piss them off entirely. :grin:

I'm working on it, I'm working on it! :blush:

Take as long as you need.

...It's not my quest you're hosting. :poke:

:devil:

Okay, Zepher and questmates of 88:: I'm very sorry for my absence this weekend. My grandmother had a second stroke, and things have been quite hectic. I'll check in as much as I possibly can, but the next month or so is going to be a bit crazy. The doctors say that Grandma cannot stay by herself anymore, so I'll be helping my parents find a new, bigger house to accommodate her, and then I'll be moving her into my parents' new house. So again, I'm terribly sorry if I'm inactive.

Wow! Talking with Arthur is really bringing out the text rolls from me. :laugh:

Interesting how some people are just so easy to bounce off of.

One simple comment from Tarn has lead to several walls of text by you both on the future of robotic warfare, the inequalities of the system, and the trustworthiness of the Ji Pei as one of the six Houses. Good work!

Okay, Zepher and questmates of 88:: I'm very sorry for my absence this weekend.

That's alright. Thank you for the explanation and heads up about the future! Check in when you can, but no worries, real life comes first!