This series is turning out better than I thought. Zane is totally awesome - he is even a perfect dancer! :laugh: Pythor is also a pretty good villain. Befriending someone just to betray them afterwards is pretty messed up for a kids show like this.

Because of the references in this episode (specifically, the shout-out at the beginning indicates that the Fang Blade was found a long time ago) and the designs of the ninjas' parents looking like older versions of Collectible Series minifigs, I'm putting out the theory that Ninjago takes place in the far future of all the other LEGO themes. It sort of makes sense, in a weird way.

I think it was confirmed that Ninjago is a planet all of its own, created by Sensei Wu's father. Clutch probably traveled to it on one of his adventures like he traveled to the Castle planet. The series still might take place in the future, but not far, I think.

Either way, it was a neat reference.

Cole says that it was him who found the second fang blade and turned it into a trophy.

Episode 9 was awesome! So far my favorite has been Episode 7, but episode 9, with Cole's story was just as great! :wub:

Do you guys have a link to a good quality YouTube video of Episode 8? I have only been able to find lower quality video-taping-the-tv versions. :cry_sad:

All previous episodes have been upload in high-quality versions by several people, but somehow Episode 8 has been missing. Also, findind a better quality Episode 9 would be great too! :grin:

Anyway, if you guys know something please let me know. Thanks in bunches!

I think it was confirmed that Ninjago is a planet all of its own, created by Sensei Wu's father. Clutch probably traveled to it on one of his adventures like he traveled to the Castle planet. The series still might take place in the future, but not far, I think.

Either way, it was a neat reference.

That's probably true. Clutch goes on lots of adventures to get treasure all over the place, so he probably just happened to find the fang blade on an expedition on Ninjago. It seems like Ninjago is supposed to be in the future, maybe it takes place alongside LEGO Space? Clutch Powers did have futuristic tech in it, and the Space Police were there.

I also noticed that the ninjas in their "true potential" forms have glowing light blue eyes. Reminds me of Pure Imagination from LEGO Universe.

Maybe we'll see stuff about Kai's parents in the episode in which he unlocks his true potential? I really like these stories relating to the character's lives before their adventure.

EDIT: Also, mention of Lloyd's grandmother in his blog? The wife of the First Spinjitzu Master is still alive?!?

Edited by Play With Fire

But this is awesome! I hope this begins updating regularly, and frequently!

Sadly, according to LEGO magazine, it is montly. :hmpf_bad::sad:

EDIT: Also, mention of Lloyd's grandmother in his blog? The wife of the First Spinjitzu Master is still alive?!?

Or Lloyd's unknown mother's mother. :wink:

I hope that Lloyd's mother appears in the TV series. It would be interesting to learn about the past of the Garmadons.

Lloyd's mother is an ABS plastic injection molding machine. :tongue:

... Anyway, I read the blog. Poor Lloyd. I gotta feel sorry for the guy. All he wants to do is be like his dad, but he gets picked on. Lloyd is, like, my all time favorite Ninjago character (at least for the good guys).

Kalhiki

Received another image, a better image, of Lloyd's element.

Screen_shot_2012-03-13_at_8.33.32_PM.png

-Sci

Hmm... I wonder what his element is...

Hmm... I wonder what his element is...

Well...he has a snake wrapped around a ring, so that's something useful.

I think the Green Ninja probably has all four elements. First of all, his spinner crown has patterns reflecting all four elements. Secondly, the "green" battle cards in Ninjago are ones that use Spinjitzu power from multiple elements.

Well...he has a snake wrapped around a ring, so that's something useful.

I still wish they could give him a specified element rather than master them all. Considering they only used 2 of the actual four they could easily choose Air or Water for him. Or better yet they could've give one to Nia as well.

Sorry, I meant to reply to Aanchir, I don't know how I can change it. Sorry guys! :grin:

Edited by Captain Potato Salad

I still wish they could give him a specified element rather than master them all. Considering they only used 2 of the actual four they could easily choose Air or Water for him. Or better yet they could've give one to Nia as well.

Sorry, I meant to reply to Aanchir, I don't know how I can change it. Sorry guys! :grin:

I would prefer Ninjago stick to its own small set of elements than try to create a sprawling system of elements that incorporates a bunch from different mythologies. After all, the Tornado of Creation requires "Spinjitzu of all four elements". I'd hate to see them to retcon that to be "Spinjitzu of any four elements" by creating brand-new elements on the same level as the previous four.

Plus it would mess up the Spinjitzu card game royally. :tongue:

In the meantime, there's this amazing Ninjago trailer that I'm not sure has been linked to before. Among its features are Zane with a robot eye, the Great Devourer attacking the Destiny's Bounty, the Green Ninja fighting Pythor, and our first view of the Ultra Sonic Raider as it appears in the TV series. Pretty awesome stuff.

I would prefer Ninjago stick to its own small set of elements than try to create a sprawling system of elements that incorporates a bunch from different mythologies. After all, the Tornado of Creation requires "Spinjitzu of all four elements". I'd hate to see them to retcon that to be "Spinjitzu of any four elements" by creating brand-new elements on the same level as the previous four.

Plus it would mess up the Spinjitzu card game royally. :tongue:

In the meantime, there's this amazing Ninjago trailer that I'm not sure has been linked to before. Among its features are Zane with a robot eye, the Great Devourer attacking the Destiny's Bounty, the Green Ninja fighting Pythor, and our first view of the Ultra Sonic Raider as it appears in the TV series. Pretty awesome stuff.

Holy snake! After watching this I feel that Transformers 3 were worse than Ninja xD This looks totally epic! Oooh... I'm waiting for new episodes!

Wow. That trailer got me really excited for the upcoming episodes. The Devourer is going to be epic.

Trailer spoilers:

So, it seems the USR is some sort of "Tornado of Creation" vehicle. I suppose that makes sense. Each element forms its own vehicle, so combining the elements would make one big one.

Which makes me wonder. The Dragons were seen to form tornados when that crossed into the underworld. Perhaps the Epic Dragon is the same concept? All their tornados forming into one?

Speaking of said dragon, Will he be in the show? He wasn't present in the trailer, but then again, I guess that doesn't exclude him from being in the show.

Oh yeah, Devourer tearing up the city. That looks like it'll be cool.

Also, on the subject of what element Lloyd would be (we know he's the Green Ninja). If he were to possess all four elements, would that mean he also single-handedly possess the Tornado of Creation?

Kalhiki

Also, on the subject of what element Lloyd would be (we know he's the Green Ninja). If he were to possess all four elements, would that mean he also single-handedly possess the Tornado of Creation?

Perhaps, but having all the elements doesn't necessarily guarantee he'll be an expert in using all of them, or that he'd be able to use all of them at once.

Perhaps, but having all the elements doesn't necessarily guarantee he'll be an expert in using all of them, or that he'd be able to use all of them at once.

Indeed. The phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none" comes to mind here.

Bluebeard, out-

Wow. *oh2* Can't wait for this!

-Sci

Screw Hero Factory. Ninjago is where the action's at. I am really impressed with the TV series. The story, the music, the voice acting, the animation. Being an animation fan myself, it is good that I appreciate a LEGO show this much. I don't care how zany it is, ninja versus snakes is the best thing known to man. Seriously, would you ever think a ninja would be a robot? Bet not. How about weapons turning into vehicles? Pretty cool stuff.

I really liked The Royal Blacksmiths. Sort of disgusting when Pythor ate the judge on that dancing show, but funny none the less. Oh, and might I add, as a side note, Jay would never win American Idol. His voice made my EARS BLEED. Good episode, overall. Looking forward to the Green Ninja on Wednesday. Spin Harmony: Defeating snakes while dancing since 2012.