Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

A female police chief? It's about time!

Also, if this forest theme continues, which I hope is the case, we should get a moose and some wolves.

Hmm, not many trees for a forest setting, and these new brickbuilt trees put the old moulded ones to shame. They should make a tree/plant/vegetation "battle pack" for more scenery!

As for animals, I'm hoping for deer (with interchangeable antlers for moose, santa's reindeer, etc), but I don't see it happening, as animals are not the focus here.

While I like the new twist on the police sets, maybe TLG should have waited a year to bring them out, so as not to have 2 police subthemes in a row. I'm afraid that next year, when this forest theme is done, they'll unroll another city-based police theme, making it 3 police subthemes in 3 years... :sad:

While I like the new twist on the police sets, maybe TLG should have waited a year to bring them out, so as not to have 2 police subthemes in a row. I'm afraid that next year, when this forest theme is done, they'll unroll another city-based police theme, making it 3 police subthemes in 3 years... :sad:

I don't think next year will be more forest police. More likely we will get a forest Fire Station or something like that. We see some Forest Fire Dept. here in this first wave, so next years firs wave will most likely be the bigger Fire sets.

Almost all of the new city sets are listed and in stock on toysrus.com in the USA. This is crazy, since when have the winter sets ever been released in October??

Almost all of the new city sets are listed and in stock on toysrus.com in the USA. This is crazy, since when have the winter sets ever been released in October??

Too bad I get paid tomorrow, otherwise I'd pick some of them up right now! Looks like the vehicle sets in particular are great value, especially by Toys r'us standards, while the truck/police chase set is a little overpriced. We will see when the reviews come out though to make final judgement, but even that shouldn't be too long. I'm so excited, these sets all look great and are in my eyes a big bump up from the rather depressing summer wave this year.

Wow-- didn't expect to see that so soon. I'm very tempted to leave my desk and drive over to the TRU down the street from here and see if they actually got them in this early. But, to be honest, the Lego Budget isn't quite prepared for this yet.

I DO take this as a sign that Batman sets will be under our trees Christmas morning...

That's the other insidious way, licensed sets were considered outside those rules. I've been told one of the main factors in IJ being cut was it wasn't popular in Germany due to the tanks etc. and Nazi figs.

Oh, really? That's the first time I've heard this; I was previously under the impression it was put on hiatus to make way in the lineup for Prince of Persia, and there aren't new Indiana Jones movies every year, after all. Is there some way to verify the info about the popularity in Germany? I've long been under the impression the Indy movies were pretty popular there, and if so, I don't know why the merchandise would be a problem (and of course there weren't any actual tanks produced in the theme, and no "true" Nazi figures, though I realize not everyone would make that distinction).

Oh, really? That's the first time I've heard this; I was previously under the impression it was put on hiatus to make way in the lineup for Prince of Persia, and there aren't new Indiana Jones movies every year, after all. Is there some way to verify the info about the popularity in Germany? I've long been under the impression the Indy movies were pretty popular there, and if so, I don't know why the merchandise would be a problem (and of course there weren't any actual tanks produced in the theme, and no "true" Nazi figures, though I realize not everyone would make that distinction).

Man, what's this to do with city in 2012.....talking out of topic ! :laugh:

Interesting to note that TRU's website did have some of the 2012 sets available online and now it just says you must contact each store and ask what they have. :sceptic:

Hi,

basic is Fire and Police... yes ok, Police is rangers (new) :laugh:

Have new ambulance but without hospital :hmpf:

I like this:

4206 Recycling Truck

4431 Ambulance

4432 Garbage Truck

4433 Dirt Bike Transporter

4435 Car and Caravan

Edited by Fulvio

I'm gonna check my local TRU(Northern California, USA) tomorrow to see if they're there. Spy mission. Unfortunately, the funds are not here to buy... :cry_sad:

Just came back from my local TRU and stll no new sets. :sad::sad::sad:

Hopefully they will be arriving soon!!!

Well, the truck for my local TRU comes on Thursday, so I'll check then, as they don't have any in stock now. Has anyone who ordered the sets online gotten them yet?

The LEGO City site now has a designer blog! I'm very impressed and hope to see a lot of interesting updates. It's always nice to see the hard work and decision-making that goes into the design of LEGO sets, IMO.

Naturally I don't expect to see anything too in-depth there, since it like the rest of the site has a lot of children in its audience. But at the same time, I'm a big fan of the LEGO Creator designer blog, so hopefully this new one will be just as entertaining.

How about Australia? Anyone check recently? Can't wait for this sets!!! :oh3:

January, fellow Aussie AFOL, January....the best we could hope for might be the week after Christmas, but that's going to be a stretch.

I was having a close look at small fire ATV, head scratch time....a fire extinguisher, it's a forest fire.....a backpack sprayer is what Aussie and US fire fighters use in those areas. Plus where is there a shovel, I always remember the tall image of Smokey The Bear (USA) holding a shovel. Turning soil over burning embers is a good idea to stop the fire starting again. :wink: Though I guess that is what MODing and MOCing is for again right ? :laugh:

I was having a close look at small fire ATV, head scratch time....a fire extinguisher, it's a forest fire.....a backpack sprayer is what Aussie and US fire fighters use in those areas. Plus where is there a shovel, I always remember the tall image of Smokey The Bear (USA) holding a shovel. Turning soil over burning embers is a good idea to stop the fire starting again. :wink: Though I guess that is what MODing and MOCing is for again right ? :laugh:

If I mod any of the 2012 area I will be sure to add plenty of shovels for you. :tongue:

Really excited about the Ranger theme :)

The only thing the City theme needs is a set of trees, flowers?

I know they had these some years ago, but with these rangers maybe time to introduce them again? ;)

I do have a nice collection of trees, but it's not so easy to find on ebay or other sites.

Really excited about the Ranger theme :)

The only thing the City theme needs is a set of trees, flowers?

I know they had these some years ago, but with these rangers maybe time to introduce them again? ;)

I do have a nice collection of trees, but it's not so easy to find on ebay or other sites.

The shopping mall near me used to have a Lego store, its since shut down and been turned into a clothing store, but it was a great way to get trees, Windows, doors, etc.. I'm glad I stocked up on trees when I did.

Maybe he's assigned to putting out little bushes around the forest. Or bad people who didn't put out the fire before leaving.

Maybe he's assigned to putting out little bushes around the forest. Or bad people who didn't put out the fire before leaving.

Yeah, but Lego has always done this....fire vehicle....axe, fire extinguisher (okay, now a chain saw) but that's it....sometimes a cut-off saw for vehicle crash rescues. Apart from that nothing.....they have tools in their parts selection, shovel and crowbar are considered fire fighting equipment.

A piece of advice for Lego, well I'm assuming they don't.....but should go out with fire crews, construction crews, etc., depending on the set they are designing and not just simply say 'well, this will be a great idea' or 'that will do'. Kids want realism, even in children's television most of the sci-fi being produced is set in our time period....within reason of being sci-fi of course....example....Ben10. :wink:

Yeah, but Lego has always done this....fire vehicle....axe, fire extinguisher (okay, now a chain saw) but that's it....sometimes a cut-off saw for vehicle crash rescues. Apart from that nothing.....they have tools in their parts selection, shovel and crowbar are considered fire fighting equipment.

A piece of advice for Lego, well I'm assuming they don't.....but should go out with fire crews, construction crews, etc., depending on the set they are designing and not just simply say 'well, this will be a great idea' or 'that will do'. Kids want realism, even in children's television most of the sci-fi being produced is set in our time period....within reason of being sci-fi of course....example....Ben10. :wink:

totaly agree!

Shame Lego dont make decent rakes. Aust & USA rural and forestry crews use rakehoes.

http://www.firelogistics.com.au/rakehoe.html

http://www.bellfire.com.au/downloads/BREAKMAKER%20%20FIRE%20RAKE.pdf

Dam it your right, that's another tool they should include....perhaps Brickforge or similar might want to produce nap-sacks and rack-hoes eh ?

Is it a point that they haven't thought of it or couldn't careless about the real world....Lego is a role play toy. :wink:

Dam it your right, that's another tool they should include....perhaps Brickforge or similar might want to produce nap-sacks and rack-hoes eh ?

Is it a point that they haven't thought of it or couldn't careless about the real world....Lego is a role play toy. :wink:

I agree. they could have adapted one of the backpacks to accomodate the hose/lance that was with the hazmat collectable minifigure from series 4.

Also, They should maybe have given the firefighters the little fuel/oil can tool to resemble the firefighters using the burn back method of firefighting.