XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

not sure if its been here already - apologies if it has - got lego catalogue in Australia today and has lego star wars game picture - heres very low res picture, but can send better

post-11776-132446112209.jpg

Whats strange is that both the January 2012 S@H catalog as well as the regular 2012 january-june catalog don't even mention the game!

here in Germany. *huh*

I don't care for the angry/mad Yoda. Out of character.

I think the angry Yoda is very much appropriate and it portrays perfectly the period coming towards Order 66. It is nearly the end of the Jedi order, too many Jedi have been killed, the remaining Jedi find themselves confused about their role in the galaxy, Yoda himself is confused. Not to mention that in the end he finds out that basically the Jedi have been fighting for and been under the command of the Sith. How humiliating is that? Surely even a 900 year old grand master like Yoda would have some anger raising up. His picture portrays perfectly how most of the Jedi must have just before and during Order 66.

It would be at least $400 if done correctly, which should be similar to the Death Star playset (scenes in a set the shape of Cloud City). Perhaps next year, the Death Star has been out for quite a while now.

Nothing would make me happier than a Death Star type Cloud City. Nothing wrong with the first, I think it was very well done at the time, but the ante has been raised on the high dollar sets, and that is one that could be amazing. I would have no problem dropping $400 on a Cloud City that was done well, with a bunch of figures and a midi Slave I like the Death Star has for Vader's Tie Advanced so that it could fit on a somewhat to scale landing platform. I would sell my original Cloud City in a second if they came out with a new one like this.

I don't care for the angry/mad Yoda. Out of character.

In a broader scope, everything about Yoda from the prequels is out of character.

Nothing would make me happier than a Death Star type Cloud City. Nothing wrong with the first, I think it was very well done at the time, but the ante has been raised on the high dollar sets, and that is one that could be amazing. I would have no problem dropping $400 on a Cloud City that was done well, with a bunch of figures and a midi Slave I like the Death Star has for Vader's Tie Advanced so that it could fit on a somewhat to scale landing platform. I would sell my original Cloud City in a second if they came out with a new one like this.

Consider selling the set soon unless MISB, the value will take a huge hit when CC is rumored to appear. Used sets take a huge hit in value when TLG makes a better version. There's no way they won't before 2016 when the license runs out again (and probably extended). Unless, of course, you don't care about the huge profit and love the set, which in that case keep it and enjoy it.

Edited by StoutFiles

On the front page it says the subtheme for 9494 is CW - shouldn't it be PT?

Since when did TLG produce an ROTS set?

9494 is made for the CW at least as far as I know.

Since when did TLG produce an ROTS set?

9494 is made for the CW at least as far as I know.

*huh* The set doesn't include any CW eyed characters and is from a scene directly from the end of Revenge of the Sith.

*huh* The set doesn't include any CW eyed characters and is from a scene directly from the end of Revenge of the Sith.

Anakin in 9494 is as CW eyed, mouthed and wrinkled as it gets. *huh*

Uh, no he's not. Clone Wars eyes are the large anime style with a long, ovoid-ish shape, large eyebrows, whites of the eye, and colored irises. The Anakin in the Interceptor (and Obi-Wan for that matter) have the normal black eyes with white dots, or for the Sith side of Anakin yellow circles. These are the non-CW style.

The set is 100% Revenge of the Sith. Unlike the last two sets that could be argued about (ARC-170 and Swamp Speeder), this set actually includes a scene from the film by having the duel on Mustafar. There is no discussion.

For some reason they gave Anakin bags around his eyes in addition to the color change, so I can see the confusion, but it isn't CW. I never understood why his eyes changed in the film anyway...

Perhaps I should just write "CW or ROTS depending on what you prefer"?

:grin:

I agree, they are not CW eyes....though he does look like he needs a good nights sleep ! :laugh:

On a different note, seeing the mid-year stuff....old Republic sets....thousands of years before a New Hope....interesting, could it be that Lego are spreading the Star Wars universe outwards and into the past.....at least we'll get more characters and ships right ? :wink:

Perhaps I should just write "CW or ROTS depending on what you prefer"?

:grin:

I'm still not seeing where CW fits into this. :wacko:

Uh, no he's not. Clone Wars eyes are the large anime style with a long, ovoid-ish shape, large eyebrows, whites of the eye, and colored irises. The Anakin in the Interceptor (and Obi-Wan for that matter) have the normal black eyes with white dots, or for the Sith side of Anakin yellow circles. These are the non-CW style.

The set is 100% Revenge of the Sith. Unlike the last two sets that could be argued about (ARC-170 and Swamp Speeder), this set actually includes a scene from the film by having the duel on Mustafar. There is no discussion.

The way I saw this matter is that anything with exagerated facial expressions was CW and the simple facial expressions were "normal". Has Lego released an actual definition of the terms or is it a matter of debate between LSW fans?

Because I usually go with the catergories used on BL.

Because I usually go with the catergories used on BL.

Bricklink lists Episode III. It correctly lists the recent Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle, from 2010, in that category. LEGO hasn't even taken much of a hiatus on making EpIII sets. Now, EpII sets, on the other hand, would be a surprise (though I suspect we will see some when that is released in 3D).

I can't even find it on BL?

It's definitely Episode 3 - Revenge Of The Sith. Prequel trilogy. Mustafar scenes. Epic duel between the two former friends after Anakin kills Nute Gunray et al and force chokes Padme. Obi Wan cuts off his remaining 3 organic limbs and leaves him burning alive, screaming "I HATE YOU!". Hardly forgetable. The minifig faces are not "The Clone Wars" faces.

Do we really need to keep going on about 9494 being PT, its not even a good set.

I think it's a pretty decent set, which some people who missed the first Jedi Interceptors can buy without regret.

Well everyone has their own opinion.

Next year's advent calender would be great for people who missed getting rebel troopers! :sweet: