madoka

Batman coming back

back printing eh? nice.

as I said in the other thread, that fig is just a SDCC promo Preview fig. Not Limited or Special edition. Preview editions means a sneak peak of whats to come, i.e. he will be in at least one set, maybe the large batcave or possibly TDKR film sets.

I wouldn't worry about it, I am very optimistic we will see that fig in the sets. :classic:

The latter is more probable.

back printing eh? nice.

as I said in the other thread, that fig is just a SDCC promo Preview fig. Not Limited or Special edition. Preview editions means a sneak peak of whats to come, i.e. he will be in at least one set, maybe the large batcave

I'm curious as to why people still think the Batcave will be a large set.

I'm curious as to why people still think the Batcave will be a large set.

Common sense?

Common sense?

Maybe not common sense, but it would make the most sense as the largest set from what was on the Rumor List, not that names like Batman vs. Two-Face give much insight. :sceptic:

I don't think we can assume the Batcave is the largest set. True, it's a large location in the story. But by that logic, the Forbidden Forest set would have been far larger than the Hogwarts set, which it wasn't (and I'm grateful for that; a full forest would have been painfully boring and even more painfully expensive). Really, it would be entirely possible for the Batcave to be the size of the Captain's Cabin, and just have a big computer console and a place for Bruce Wayne to change into the batsuit. Alternatively, it could be a moderately-sized set with a full-sized vehicle in addition to the aforementioned content. There's no reason it would need to be a huge set like the previous Batcave, especially since I personally felt some of the vehicles in that set were a bit superfluous.

Sorry for the misunderstanding of my post, I was merely giving examples such as the previous Batman line where he had different suits in different sets. I would assume the Batcave to be large but that isn't guaranteed like Aanchir stated.

I don't think we can assume the Batcave is the largest set. True, it's a large location in the story. But by that logic, the Forbidden Forest set would have been far larger than the Hogwarts set, which it wasn't (and I'm grateful for that; a full forest would have been painfully boring and even more painfully expensive). Really, it would be entirely possible for the Batcave to be the size of the Captain's Cabin, and just have a big computer console and a place for Bruce Wayne to change into the batsuit. Alternatively, it could be a moderately-sized set with a full-sized vehicle in addition to the aforementioned content. There's no reason it would need to be a huge set like the previous Batcave, especially since I personally felt some of the vehicles in that set were a bit superfluous.

True the Bat Blade was very very flimsy :sceptic:

Common sense?

Perhaps, but a) we already know the combined estimated retail value of this set plus a t-shirt and a copy of the videogame is supposed to be about $50, and b) the rumored set list gives this set the lowest set number of the wave, which tends to be associated with the smallest set in a wave (not always, granted, as the first wave of Toy Story sets shows with Army Men on Patrol, but it's usually the case).

While it's true the Batcave could make for a large, "flagship"-type set (and indeed, already has), one could also easily associate large sets with names like "Mos Eisley Cantina" or "Echo Base" (to use a couple examples from another licensed theme), but look at the sets that actually got those names. There's no reason a "Batcave" set has to be the whole Batcave; it could easily be a few consoles, or a vehicle and some equipment, as has been suggested.

But I certainly could be wrong. I guess we'll know soon enough...

Perhaps, but a) we already know the combined estimated retail value of this set plus a t-shirt and a copy of the videogame is supposed to be about $50, and b) the rumored set list gives this set the lowest set number of the wave, which tends to be associated with the smallest set in a wave (not always, granted, as the first wave of Toy Story sets shows with Army Men on Patrol, but it's usually the case).

Yeah, however there were several discrepancies with the website, so I think we came to the consesus that we could not make any accurate assumptions of the info we were given.

On another note, it seems as though the first January pics have started popping up; SW and CM being the first (clicky) user Bane has said that they have more pictures and that we will have to watch the photostream and wait patiently :angry::laugh:. We're so close now :excited:

I saw rumours on a LEGO blog of Lego bringing out a blind-bagged series of DC minifigures. Anybody think there's any likelyhood of this? There'd be a nice crossover market - LEGO + comic collectors and it'd be a nice way to get a figure like Flash or Green Lantern out that wouldn't quite fit in the already mentioned DC sets... Not that I don't expect more sets to follow - it'd be foolish of Lego to have a license for Superman and utilise it fully when there's a movie due out.

You'll see some Super Heroes pictures very soon. Stay tuned ;)

Greetings

-Bane

I'm going to be checking that every 5 minutes, now. :laugh:

Although I can't wait for pictures, we should really consider ourselves lucky that we got those minifig' photos way back at Comic-Con.

It has given us a really long wait, though (and still over 3 months to go). :sadnew:

Greetings

-Bane

Many thanks for the update! I was following you with bated breath already after your CM6 reveal :laugh:

Penguin where are you? We need to talk...

From the depth of Gotham City Bay emerges Penguin in his P.E.N.G. costume. :sweet:

Yes? What can I do for you?

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Greetings

-Bane

Hurry before Lego's secret police take down your flickr account...

Personally, I'm crazy-excited to see some pics of this new line. :cry_happy:

I saw rumours on a LEGO blog of Lego bringing out a blind-bagged series of DC minifigures. Anybody think there's any likelyhood of this? There'd be a nice crossover market - LEGO + comic collectors and it'd be a nice way to get a figure like Flash or Green Lantern out that wouldn't quite fit in the already mentioned DC sets... Not that I don't expect more sets to follow - it'd be foolish of Lego to have a license for Superman and utilise it fully when there's a movie due out.

I don't think that's very likely. TLG doesn't do sets cheaper than 10€ for licensed themes, so I think this is utopic. And they would shoot themselves in the foot if they would sell figs that are available in larger sets as single minifigs as well. It just wouldn't work.

And I'm dying to see some pics. :sweet:

Hurry before Lego's secret police take down your flickr account...

Personally, I'm crazy-excited to see some pics of this new line. :cry_happy:

Too late. Sorry but I was really looking forward to those pics too but he's been discovered :hmpf_bad: .

From the depth of Gotham City Bay emerges Penguin in his P.E.N.G. costume. :sweet:

Yes? What can I do for you?

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

It should be under 4 eyes.. but I won't let me get fooled by that Bat-guy nor Superdude. I'm going to get into the anti-alience or rather called anti-JUSTICE LEAGUE. Who ever wins from them will be my worst and most hunted enemy.

At your service,

~ Longbow Hunter aka Green Arrow

The Stasi called... ha. ha.

Sorry, no more pics. :sceptic:

How about info on some sets like what they contain or whatever is shown in the pics. Please :grin: .

We haven't received the superhero pics yet (IF we receive them) and as I don't know how far the Stasi Network is established on EB I prefer to say nothing about it (if I get the pics).

But who knows, maybe someone else will upload those pics soon.

Greetings

-Bane

We haven't received the superhero pics yet (IF we receive them) and as I don't know how far the Stasi Network is established on EB I prefer to say nothing about it (if I get the pics).

But who knows, maybe someone else will upload those pics soon.

Greetings

-Bane

Not sure if it is just me or what, but I have no idea what the Stasi Network is. :wacko:

Edited by halomaster96

Well, many thanks for what you were able to provide us with; I'm sure everyone appreciates it. :classic:

^ I second that :thumbup: