LegoCityMann

My First Star Wars MOD

This is the first Star Wars set I've ever bought. It's the only one that's just jumped out and yelled "BUY ME!" when I saw it. I brought it home and put it together. A Classic set of an instantly recognizable scene in the Original Trilogy. However something was missing to give it that classic feel so I modded it just a bit.

5938826577_d0776b01c7_z.jpg

Enjoy

~LCM

However something was missing to give it that classic feel so I modded it just a bit.

Hello!

It would be great if you would let us know what you modified in your version and what you disliked in the original one. If you don't own the set (like me) it's hard to spot the modification instantly. :classic:

Or is it a quiz? :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

The mod is more of a joke than anything, If you can remember the original Star Wars before the Special Editions and the Remastered Digital Editions you'll get it.

~LCM

Hello!

It would be great if you would let us know what you modified in your version and what you disliked in the original one. If you don't own the set (like me) it's hard to spot the modification instantly. :classic:

Or is it a quiz? :wink:

From what I can see, he changed one of the bley pieces in front to dark bley and added transparent elements under the speeder. I'm guessing LegoCityMann's "joke" has something to do with the latter...

The mod is more of a joke than anything, If you can remember the original Star Wars before the Special Editions and the Remastered Digital Editions you'll get it.

~LCM

Is it the really bad editing to make the speeder to look like it's flying? If it is then that MOD is how it looks in the original versions of the films :tongue:.

Is it the really bad editing to make the speeder to look like it's flying? If it is then that MOD is how it looks in the original versions of the films :tongue:.

I read somewhere that they actually smeared Vaseline on the camera lens to obscure the Landspeeder wheels then jokingly called it a 'force-field' :laugh: . It was quite effective at the time though.

Amusing mod LegoCityMann :thumbup:

From what I can see, he changed one of the bley pieces in front to dark bley and added transparent elements under the speeder. I'm guessing LegoCityMann's "joke" has something to do with the latter...

I've been kind of curious why I often see the word "bley" instead of "grey"? I mean no disrespect. It is just a curious question as I assume it's on purpose.

I've been kind of curious why I often see the word "bley" instead of "grey"? I mean no disrespect. It is just a curious question as I assume it's on purpose.

I think bley refers to 'bluish grey', but is easier to type. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

OK all,

I added 3 classic style aircraft wheels to the under carriage of the speeder and added many Trans-Clear 1x2's as a skirting underneath it to give it that classic "blurred" look underneath.

~LCM

OK all,

I added 3 classic style aircraft wheels to the under carriage of the speeder and added many Trans-Clear 1x2's as a skirting underneath it to give it that classic "blurred" look underneath.

~LCM

I can see the wheels in the shadowing now. Honestly didn't notice until you posted. I really liked the trans under the speeder, it does add a positive to the look. Clever joke, way to adapt to the "original".

'LCM' a very practical modification to the landspeeder set....now it does appear from a distance it is hovering ! :grin:

May the Eurobrick be with you 'LCM' ! :grin:

An entertaining and 'thought-provoking' mini-MOD on Luke's Landspeeder to say the least, and quite informative too (for me) as I only knew now the behind-the-scene basis of this MOD.

I didn't get it until LegoCityMann decribed it. That's pritty good. I had my suspition that it was sitting on wheels but it was too hard to see through the clear bricks. You can just notice that the clear bricks are sitting off the table.