Sign in to follow this  
Tazmaniac

Dirt.

Dirt:The hottest new club to hit deep space. Despite the name the glasses are clean and the service always friendly.

5929184948_98de6d7d3c_z.jpg

DIRT by Taz-Maniac, on Flickr

5928940025_c4292b733d_z.jpg

5928939795_6b952ed749_z.jpg

It's opening night at Dirt and the stores are stocked the waiter-bot is on the floor and the live entertainment is warming up on stage...but where are the punters?...probably at Plasmo's.

5929497242_662916f463_z.jpg

5929497432_3f6390fdf7_z.jpg

Props to I Scream Clone from opening my eyes to Sci-fi and bringing us such great creations as "Spanner Heads" and "Plasmo's" which heavily influenced this build, cheers mate.

Looks great so far. Of course, the highlight is the crazy 'Dirt' sign, but I also like the black organic-looking bits that really make this stand out as a sci-fi creation.

:moar:

It looks like a great space bar, the different windows and of course the Dirt sign are also nice.

The colour scheme of it looks also really nice with orange and black. :classic:

the Inventor

Very nice. Those windows and the SNOT around them are my favorite parts, but the whole thing has a great colorful sci-fi look that'd fit right in with ISC's cantina, in my opinion. Eagerly awaiting more pics!

Those windows and the SNOT around them are my favorite parts, but the whole thing has a great colorful sci-fi look that'd fit right in with ISC's cantina, in my opinion.

That's the first thing I noticed too, this will fit very well with ISC's PLASMO'S. I'm really impressed that with only a few builds on this relatively-new Sci-Fi theme you're dabbling into, you're already showing your MOC expertise. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for the great feedback.default_blush.gif

The first post is now updated.....enjoy.

Loving this build mate, got a real ying and yang feel going with Plasmo's. The guitar monster rocks! I really need to get some of those fancy dishes, they make excellent windows. :thumbup:

Very nice. Those windows and the SNOT around them are my favorite parts, but the whole thing has a great colorful sci-fi look that'd fit right in with ISC's cantina, in my opinion. Eagerly awaiting more pics!

That's the first thing I noticed too, this will fit very well with ISC's PLASMO'S. I'm really impressed that with only a few builds on this relatively-new Sci-Fi theme you're dabbling into, you're already showing your MOC expertise. :thumbup:

Wait and see what we have cooking guys, you wont be disappointed! :grin:

Hello once again!

It seems you have really been busy building! :classic: And it was definitely worth the time! I pretty much like, as for your other diroamas, the way you create the polygonal baseplate. It looks much better like a part of a wider scene than with a regular squared baseplate. :classic:

Of course, the set idea and realisation is fantastic as well! :wink:

Cheers,

~ Chris

I can definitely see the influence of Plasmo's but you display a great fun style all of your own. I love Space de-classicified. :wub: It's my new favorite style. I love when a MOC transports you to a new and unique place. This is transcendent in that way. I love the detail you've put into the landscape and even the atmosphere of the club. Too bad the rest of the band hasn't shown up. But there's only two patrons anyway. Hopefully they like what Bossk is mixing up in his beaker. Wait, have I turned this into a book report! Excellent addition to your awesome MOCs. Thanks for posting. :sweet:

Great MOC, Tazzie; like others my first though was "that'd go great with Plasmo's!" and I look forward indeed to seeing what you and ISC cook up together. :thumbup: There are some lovely details here, I particularly like the host of antennae on the roof, and I agree with Stein that the use of the irregularly shaped base adds another level of interest. The front windows made me think of washing machines, making the name "Dirt" all the more apt in my eyes. :grin:

Really great MOC. :sweet:

OMG, I love it, and I'm 99% sure you got the idea, at least your first sentence from Stefan on SNL, who I think is hilarious and I'm laughing right now.

That aside, I like the building, it really reminds me of a building you'd see at like a gas station in space, at least according to me. The color you chose for the ground really looks like space rock, I'm not sure exactly why, I just like that color choice.

That Dirt sign is just ingenious! I love the odd uniformity(that a word? Not sure...)of it. It really does have a "Plasmos" feel to it.

Edited by Legocrazy81

That is wicked, really really cool, how did you find inspiration for it and why the name Dirt?

OMG, I love it, and I'm 99% sure you got the idea, at least your first sentence from Stefan on SNL snip

Who?.... I hope you're not a gambling man.

snip how did you find inspiration for it and why the name Dirt?

Read the first post and click the link "Plasmo's"......as for the name that shall remain a mystery for now.default_blink.gif

That is one very cool MOC you made Taz! So many great details all over. Got to love the band guy! Looks really great.

And I see Boosk has a second job as well ;)

I knew any MOC called simply "Dirt" had to be something so amazing it required no further explanation or fancy title to blow our minds. :laugh:

That's wicked, I definitely now need to build a dive joint for my bad dudes to hang around in.