SilentMode

Favourite Series 1-3 LEGO Minifig Collection?

Just got an email from Lego VIP, and I'm sure most of you guys has as well. It's probably even been posted somewhere else!

... That's why we're giving your little VIPs the chance to tell us their number one character from the LEGO Minifigure Series 1 - 3. Simply click on their preferred minifigure below to register your vote. We will then turn the most popular characters into an exclusive LEGO Minifigure set, only available to LEGO VIPs!* Choose wisely, you only get to vote once! Voting closes July 30.

and in the small print:

... The top 5 minifigures will be announced in the November email newsletter and the set will be exclusively available to VIP Members to purchase in 2012, and at this time terms will be announced. The sets will be available for as long as supplies last. Please be aware that while every best effort will be made to exactly replicate the minifigures from the series range, if the winning minifigures contain parts no longer in production, we will look to find the closest looking pieces as a replacement part, and if no suitable replacement parts are readily available, we will substitute the minifigure(s) in question with runners-up.

My all-round vote is for the S1 Cheerleader.

Edited by SilentMode

Just got an email from Lego VIP, and I'm sure most of you guys has as well. It's probably even been posted somewhere else!

and in the small print:

My all-round vote is for the S1 Cheerleader.

I got the same email - voted for the Spartan.

I just got this one myself - wow! I wonder what size / price range we're talking about for the set, and whether it might include any additional minifigures.

For the moment I'm at a loss as to which to vote for. There are too many I'd like to see in this!

I voted for the Elf. For me it was a toss up between that and the Zombie. The Zombie was because I just can't see a set based around it only having one. The Elf because I like the figure and overall Castle is my favorite theme so I want to see what they would do with it. The idea of an Elf set won out in the end.

So much for the collectibility aspect. The CMFs are now available in the calendar set, the build-a-mini bins, and now in this special "best hits" pack.

Dear UsernameMDM,

We know how much our LEGO® fans love their minifigures! That's why we're giving your little VIPs the chance to tell us their number one character from the LEGO Minifigure Series 1 - 3. Simply click on their preferred minifigure below to register your vote. We will then turn the most popular characters into an exclusive LEGO Minifigure set, only available to LEGO VIPs!* Choose wisely, you only get to vote once! Voting closes July 30.

Well, I am voting for the elf!

Anyone else get this email? If so, which CMF did you vote for & why?

That's why we're giving your little VIPs

*sigh*

little VIPs...

I wonder what percentage of VIPs are adults.

I remember once a local museum was giving a class on How to Make a Hologram so I signed up. There I was, in class, in my 30's and everyone else was 6 or 7 years old. Hey, it was INTERESTING!

Dear UsernameMDM,

We know how much our LEGO® fans love their minifigures! That's why we're giving your little VIPs the chance to tell us their number one character from the LEGO Minifigure Series 1 - 3. Simply click on their preferred minifigure below to register your vote. We will then turn the most popular characters into an exclusive LEGO Minifigure set, only available to LEGO VIPs!* Choose wisely, you only get to vote once! Voting closes July 30.

Well, I am voting for the elf!

Anyone else get this email? If so, which CMF did you vote for & why?

We didn't get an email for this.

I voted for the Spartan, for what it's worth.

But, I think you guys are reading too much into the "set" aspect of it. I think it means there will be a "set" of five figures from the collectable range, not an actual building set with bricks. They say they are going to announce the top five voted figs, then information on the set will be released. That implies, to me, at least, that it will be like sets of three classic figures we had up until a few years ago. Just figures and their accessories, available for the VIPs.

I just got it today. I voted for Space Villain because I would LOVE to see a modern Blacktron set :wub:

I very nearly voted for Spartan.

I just got it today. I voted for Space Villain because I would LOVE to see a modern Blacktron set :wub:

I very nearly voted for Spartan.

I don't think they are building a set for the "winner", based on the email my best guess is that they are doing something like the vintage minifig sets where you buy a set of 5 discontinued figs for $15.

Got it... 6:30pm EST, voted for the Elf, of course... force them to finish the fantasy line instead of leaving us hanging!!!

Edit: It does sound like they'll just make a figure set... but what's the point if we already have our favorite one?

Edited by fred67

Got it... 6:30pm EST, voted for the Elf, of course... force them to finish the fantasy line instead of leaving us hanging!!!

Edit: It does sound like they'll just make a figure set... but what's the point if we already have our favorite one?

Elf army at less than $10/fig? :laugh:

Maybe if there are five times as many votes for a Spartan as there are for the next most popular choice, then there will be a pack of five spartans! :laugh:

Interesting. I wonder why they add S3 to the options when many of the Brand Stores are still selling those.

I voted for the Spartan. I got pretty much every one I wanted of S1-3 already, and the Spartan's the only one I'd want duplicates of. (second choice was the Forestman, but I don't like him as much as the old ones and the newer torso mold means it's harder to use my pneumatic tube technique)

Elf army at less than $10/fig? :laugh:

We will then turn the most popular characters into an exclusive LEGO Minifigure set, only available to LEGO VIPs!

So... sounds like they'll take the "x" most popular characters (probably 3 or 5) and make a set. So... I wouldn't pay $15 to get an Elf and four characters I don't want any more of.

It would be better if they made a real set based around the character.

I don't think they are building a set for the "winner", based on the email my best guess is that they are doing something like the vintage minifig sets where you buy a set of 5 discontinued figs for $15.

Sounds like you are right, I must have misread it. That's a little strange though, if you think about it. They ask the hardcore Lego VIP members to vote on their favorite minifigs, because they're the most dedicated fans and they're the ones most likely to have those minifigs. But if they're re-releasing the five most popular minifigs in a set just for VIP members, why would we VIP members want those minifigs if we already had them in the first place :wacko: Obviously the collectors want them, but they're not really offering us anything we don't have already, or anything that we couldn't get right now from Bricklink or Ebay.

Still though, a set of the five best minifigs will be a nice way to go back and get the ones that are skyrocketing in price on Bricklink right now :laugh:

Still though, a set of the five best minifigs will be a nice way to go back and get the ones that are skyrocketing in price on Bricklink right now :laugh:

I figure it will end up being 'army builders' that will win and then I think it might work out really well that we could trade. For example will Spartan army builders necessarily want Elf army? Maybe not and maybe they would be willing to trade 1:1 Just an idea.

My guess: 5 minifig = elf, spartan, zombie, forestman, cheerleader

Sounds like you are right, I must have misread it. That's a little strange though, if you think about it. They ask the hardcore Lego VIP members to vote on their favorite minifigs, because they're the most dedicated fans and they're the ones most likely to have those minifigs. But if they're re-releasing the five most popular minifigs in a set just for VIP members, why would we VIP members want those minifigs if we already had them in the first place :wacko: Obviously the collectors want them, but they're not really offering us anything we don't have already, or anything that we couldn't get right now from Bricklink or Ebay.

Not to pick the text of the e-mail to pieces, but you'll note that it reads: That's why we're giving your little VIPs the chance to tell us their number one character from the LEGO Minifigure Series 1 - 3. So really it was aimed at the kids of the VIP program, not really the AFOL crowd.

~Stacy

Not to pick the text of the e-mail to pieces, but you'll note that it reads: That's why we're giving your little VIPs the chance to tell us their number one character from the LEGO Minifigure Series 1 - 3. So really it was aimed at the kids of the VIP program, not really the AFOL crowd.

~Stacy

Oh, I'm suppose to share CMF with kids? *oh2* not goona happen (kids ruin stuff you know) :laugh:

i got that also. I'll probably do it for the sake of others, but I'd rather find the series 1 figures I want via BL and eBay. After the bull of last time I ordered from legoshop.com, I am THROUGH with dealing from the LS site

I went with the Spartan. A greek set would be super cool.

Steve