Has any one thought of adding extending outriggers to the unimog?

Connection between cylinder and outrigger-beam is not very rigid, right?

I mean cylinder is free to swing in and out, since there is no lower connection point.

Nice and compact!

Connection between cylinder and outrigger-beam is not very rigid, right?

I mean cylinder is free to swing in and out, since there is no lower connection point.

Nice and compact!

The top pipe on the ram helps hold it in place as it goes though "Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular" and all the wight is pushed up on to the the axle on the top of the ram. Its not the best solution but its compact :)

Ya that is a really compact outrigger. it looks really cool and it would look great on the Unimog. Can you build an outer casing to fit it the extending part in?

tim

It would be better i think having the gear racks on the top, i will see what i can come up with tim.:classic:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Having the gear rack on the top reduced the size / length of the reach... plus this way the pipes run behind the gear racks allowing the top and bottom surfaces to slide smoothly in a frame.

I have no idea how to add it to my post :S.

Copy the video url and click the insert media button and paste the url(in the menu when you make a post).

Both solutions seem liek they will work well. i might have to incorporate them into future projects.

tim

Jeeeeha!

I have announced it: my Unimog whit two XL-Motors. :cry_happy:

thatch a lot of power! how does it drive? hopefully i can win the technic competition and win the unimog :wink: .

tim

Some work in progress. Building a hook lift trailer for my Unimog to tow. I'm going to try to power the LA through the rear PTO on truck.

Picture16973.jpg

Picture16972.jpg

Picture16974.jpg

Hey, it looks very good! You`l be inspired by the container-transporter? There are some good features. :thumbup:

regards!

Edited by brathendel

Has anyone moved the crane to behind the cab so then you could have something else on the rear. I don't have the parts but it would require a pto, ppto on the top.

Has anyone moved the crane to behind the cab so then you could have something else on the rear. I don't have the parts but it would require a pto, ppto on the top.

I have, I lengthened the chassis too. I did have to make a slight change to the crane so it would be able to clear the cab.

I have, I lengthened the chassis too. I did have to make a slight change to the crane so it would be able to clear the cab.

Photos please.

as requested a few impressions from my Unimog. It is my first youtube video. Have mercy... :tongue:

for details klick to the link below...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brathendel/8110-MB-U400/8110_mb_u400_winter_edition_006.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brathendel/8110-MB-U400/8110_mb_u400_winter_edition_001.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brathendel/8110-MB-U400/driving/8110_mb_u400_winter_edition_003.jpg (look the the two XL`s)

have a nice day, regards - brathendel :grin:

Edited by brathendel