Can some fix the link please or how do u do it for YouTube clip?

There are two options.

1. You click the "insert media" button when you post on Eurobricks. Then go to the actual video page on youtube and copy and past the url.

2. You go onto the actual video's page on youtube and copy and past the link as a clickable link here on eurobricks.

tim

Today I built my first small Unimog attachment: A front crane

I wanted to start with something simple and something that I can build with the bricks I aleady have...so here is the result =):

20120106121950.jpg

20120106122005.jpg

It works quite fine with the PF Motor and goes slowly up or down.

I'm sure at least one other person is working on/has finished the same thing, but I'm planning to mod mine so I can drive it around with the RC system. I haven't had a lot of time to play around with the internal stuff, but I think I'll probably have to pull out the stuff that operates the crane and front winch to be able to fit 2 motors plus the IR receiver. If/when I get it finished, I'll post pictures here.

I'm sure at least one other person is working on/has finished the same thing, but I'm planning to mod mine so I can drive it around with the RC system. I haven't had a lot of time to play around with the internal stuff, but I think I'll probably have to pull out the stuff that operates the crane and front winch to be able to fit 2 motors plus the IR receiver. If/when I get it finished, I'll post pictures here.

you can ad 1 xl motor for driving and a m motor for steering in the cabine without destroying the innerworks

With the XL Motor is the Unimog fast and strong enought. It works very good:

zbq24js2.jpg

v7oettc3.jpg

Only the Liftarm in Book 2, Page 10, Step 4 you can´t use the 11 long Liftarm. Take a 9 long Liftarm. Then it´s enought space on the rear axel for the XL motor.

The old RC Motor (from 8366) are faster, that´s right, but not strong enought for this big unimog. I don´t think that it work.

pag 7 of this topic

I took the liberty of adapting and LDD this design. (LDD file here)

8110_pf-steering.jpg

Works quite well...

pag 12 also tis topic

Hey guys,

this is my first post. I´m from Germany and the Unimog is my first Lego technic model since 10 years! I made a new crane with pneumatic stabilizers. Hope you like it.

Here´s a short video of the pneumatic stabilizers:

post-23840-132587448935.jpg

you can ad 1 xl motor for driving and a m motor for steering in the cabine without destroying the innerworks

pag 7 of this topic

pag 12 also tis topic

That xl set up is not a great idea at all and u only have 2wd , most of use used the instructions on YouTube of adding an xl motor to the chassis and it works great and so easy to fit as if Lego nearly intended :)

Yes the steering mod above is good!

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=IE#/watch?v=NQIBRyDFwcY

This is the link for to fit the motor :)

Edited by davidmull

Hey guys,

this is my first post. I´m from Germany and the Unimog is my first Lego technic model since 10 years! I made a new crane with pneumatic stabilizers. Hope you like it.

Here´s a short video of the pneumatic stabilizers:

Hey i really like your mods! You did a nice job after returning to legos after 10 years! Would you be able to take more photos?

tim

Hello eaglestrike13

I am also from Germany,and the Unimog is my 5. Lego Technic since 25 Years. Your Stabis looks great,perhapes you can make more pictures of it.

I hate my English.Perhaps we can mail.

Greetings from Germany

Hey i really like your mods! You did a nice job after returning to legos after 10 years! Would you be able to take more photos?

tim

Hello Tim,

Of course! I have some more photos, but at the moment it´s a bit difficult for me to share it here in the forum. Somehow I can´t upload many links of my photos which I have on flickr... Maybe I must make some more posts before I am able to do that?? I will try again later!

Phil

Hello Tim,

Of course! I have some more photos, but at the moment it´s a bit difficult for me to share it here in the forum. Somehow I can´t upload many links of my photos which I have on flickr... Maybe I must make some more posts before I am able to do that?? I will try again later!

Phil

hi, simply use the "mit anderen teilen" Button, then mark "BB Code" and set the size on 500. now click the link that appears in the Textfield, and copy it here in your post. if you made it correct it will look like this

6158498052_0297aea577.jpg

100_8797 von efferman auf Flickr

Edited by efferman

Thanks to Efferman! It would work, but I get this message:

You have posted a message with urls. Due to the fact that spammers really annoy Siegfried members can't post links until they have made 5 posts. Sorry....

But now I need only 2 more posts... :tongue:

Thank you very much for your help efferman. It´s all new to me here

Looks good, i would of moved the legs back a bit. :sweet:

Yes i would agree. You dont want the back crane to fall off.

tim

and the studless parts don't suit it ether :(

You mean the studded parts?

Two cranes are better than one,handy if you need to lift two things at the same time.:laugh:

You mean the studded parts?

Two cranes are better than one,handy if you need to lift two things at the same time.:laugh:

Yes maybe 2 cranes of same design/colour and yes I ment studded :)

hello,

new here and just thought i would say thank you all for the inspiration... i have gotten many ideas and as soon as i figure out how to post pictures i will do so... i have built a mower are for the front of the mog...

-Gilby

havent figured out how to attach pictures but here is a video of it in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l25z9nG4_pU&context=C3b9a98fADOEgsToPDskJPLKNi8OUDZyK2lDL76VhQ

Hello!

Thomas from Stockholm, Sweden here! First post for me in this forum.

I have added a 8848 style front scoop with three pneumatic cylinders to my 8110. Besides that I have also added pneumatics to the stabilizers, a PF switch for smoother operation, an airtank and a clutch gear on the PF motor output. Plus some extra bracing on the PF motor.

The stabilizer function itself is not modified, I have only added one cylinder to move the stabilizers up and down and they are still self locking when extracted.

With the airtank I can rotate the crane and at the same time use the pneumatics.

The extra clutch gear seems to reduce stress on the compressor; when pressure is to high the gear slips instead of the compressor sounding like it is going to break. The extra PF motor bracing also reduces noise when using the compressor.

For a few more pics see my Brickshelf account when moderated. (I am not yet allowed to post links, you have to search for member thomol).

8848 and 8110 (yes, I've added pneumatics to my 8848 too, plus an upgraded scoop)

02_8110_8848.jpg

Front scoop

04_8110_front_scoop_02.jpg

07_8110_front_scoop_05.jpg

08_8110_front_scoop_06.jpg

Pneumatic stabilizers

09_8110_pneumatic_stabilizers_01.jpg

10_8110_pneumatic_stabilizers_02.jpg

11_8110_pneumatic_stabilizers_03.jpg