Adrian86

Gold in the mail today

Last time I emailed about missing parts, they just sent them. No reply to the email.

Edited by YodasMaster

Submitted email two days ago to customer service... got the auto-reply that they received it, and... nothing... last time I had a problem they answered within hours.

I submitted an email as well, but didn't hear anything back. After a few days I called and TLG said the request had been processed and it would take 10-15 days to arrive.

Update: The gold arrived today, well only coins (in the old style) There was a letter included which stated that "TLG does not make the gold bars in a metallic color but hopefully we will in the future"

I called back to verify that was the case, since I had seen the gold bar posted by the OP. I was told they didn't have any but they are now being included as part of the production now, so in the future the sets would have metallic gold bars. I am wondering if there is a difference in what is available between the U.S. customer service and Europe. Maybe they just don't have any more left.

Has anyone in the U.S. received metallic gold bars?

Edited by MCNwakeboard

It's great that they are doing this, very nice of TLG. :pir-classic:

I sent an e-mail yesterday and got a nice reply back already.

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We apologize that you did not receive the metalic coins in your set. I have resent them to you. You will receive this order with in 7-10 business days.

Please get in touch if you need anything else. It's free to call our experts at 1-800-835-4386 (Monday through Friday, 8am to 10pm and Saturday & Sunday 10am to 6pm EST) or you could go to www.LEGOshop.com.

Happy building!

Sincerely,

---------

LEGO Direct Consumer Services

I haven't built The London Escape yet, but I did Isla De Muerta and they have shiny gold.

Please elaborate on this, are you saying your LEGO set came with the metallic shiny gold???

Well I too rang Lego Oz 'Tazmaniac' and also I wait for their reply.....interesting to note now that sets might be comming out in shinny gold. My thinking points towards a second production wave where the gold issue has been solved......just my opinion anyway. :pir-wink:

Just a heads up to Aussie heads, I waited four days without reply to message. I called back at 9:10 am and got straight though to a rep...........still haven't had a call back though and it's almost a week now.

So my advice would be Don't leave multi messages (as they ask you not to), but do try to get through in the morning.pirate_wink.gif

Well, I got around to building the London Escape, and, Whitecap Bay for that matter. No shiny gold for me, either....

Edited by Legocrazy81

Hmm... hopefully these chrome pieces will turn up on BrickLink soon, I ordered some of the pearl gold coins and ingots but if I'd known they would turn up in chrome eventually I would have waited.

Wish there was a way I could have Lego replace my pearl gold pieces for chrome pieces, but... that's probably not going to happen, since I haven't actually purchased any sets.

After emailing the LEGO company they sent me some! However there was no reply email, just a letter with the gold saying they will put this complaint forward to the designers.

:jollyroger:

Could you upload some images of the new chromed coins and ingots ?¿ Thanks! :D

Check the first post on page one. imperialguard_commander1.gif

I got mine today in the mail. It's so beautiful :pir-cry_happy:

5752415810_3af67a48c8_m.jpg

Thanks so much for bringing this to all of our attentions.

I submitted an email as well, but didn't hear anything back. After a few days I called and TLG said the request had been processed and it would take 10-15 days to arrive.

Update: The gold arrived today, well only coins (in the old style) There was a letter included which stated that "TLG does not make the gold bars in a metallic color but hopefully we will in the future"

I called back to verify that was the case, since I had seen the gold bar posted by the OP. I was told they didn't have any but they are now being included as part of the production now, so in the future the sets would have metallic gold bars. I am wondering if there is a difference in what is available between the U.S. customer service and Europe. Maybe they just don't have any more left.

Has anyone in the U.S. received metallic gold bars?

I received a similar package and letter today. Four chromed coins on a sprue. Coins were 10, 20, 30, and 40. No gold bar however. In the letter it states - "Please accept our apologies for the descrepency between the box and the actual parts. Unfortunately, we don't make a shiny gold brick as depicted on the box. The coins that were used in the photo, however, were from a totally different set, and I've included them with this letter."

@sidersdd

I'm not sure as to the reason why some people are receiving the metallic gold ingots and new style coins while others are receiving the older version on the sprue. Anyway, I'm going to wait for a while before picking up some of the sets when I hear the metallic versions are being produced.

I was rather disappointed with the coloring error. I am definitely not sending my coins in to LEGO just to get some common coins back. I guess we here in the US will have to wait for something to change.

I just got an email saying that lego would ship them to me direct from Denmark because they(Canada) didnt have any in stock, I asked for a few, so hopefully I get three @ least...

So as I am reading, they are going to put them in the production sets?

Also if you call US Customer Service they don't send you the gold bar, just the gold coins?

Is this a country thing?

I too got the old style gold coins...guess I'll wait a bit and try again :-(

Interestingly on BL it shows chrome gold as an alternate here

and someone has acquired 140 of them somehow

I've seen all the POTC sets on sale here in Australia except Isle de le Meurta - perhaps it has been recalled on account of the gold issue?

I can't imagine that Lego would actively recall a set just to replace the coins: and other sets in the theme also have the coins in them. I guess it's just a popular set: relatively cheap and it contains a couple of great figures.

Even though I live in Europe (Netherlands) I too received three sprues with the old style gold-plated coins as a result of my question to Lego's customer service, along with a letter stating that they would have the proper gold coins with gold bar available from Denmark in 7 - 10 days.

I guess that until then, the chances are likely that Lego customer service will indeed send old style coins (both in Europe and the US) due to having a relatively low stock of the new style coins.

Edited by Alldarker

On Sunday I sent the email for the coins and ingots from the 4181 Isla de Muerta and no response yet... I hope that during the afternoon they email me..

I got my email telling me they're in the mail and to expect to see them in 7-10 business days. I better get the gold bars too, I like those. I wonder, though, if the Isla De Muerta is actually the wrong ones? Out of the 3 sets that came with said items, 2 came with pearl gold as opposed to shiny...