highlandcattle

Show us your layout!

Hey all. Thisis my first post of MOCS. Im from the US and decided to begin to model a dense city. I have only 2 buildings complete and 2 other in the works. Here they are so far.

Very nice and authentic! And a MOCed street with a storm drain.... Looks awesome! *y*

And what can I say about your stuccowork for the brown building? It

Hey all. Thisis my first post of MOCS. Im from the US and decided to begin to model a dense city. I have only 2 buildings complete and 2 other in the works. Here they are so far.

I like your little street scene a lot, great detail *y*

The gray baseplate in the third picture reminds me of a big tidal wave rolling over Manhattan like in "The Day After Tomorrow" X-D

Nice work from you two, simonwillems and mdoyle.

Mdoyle, nice building, even if I'm not a fan of the american street style and of big buidling (bigger than minifig scale, it's another story). But it looks good with nice details. Just continue and show us your next constructions.

Simonwillens, I like how you integrated the rails, the monorail looks like a tramway now. If only I had this set...

Nice work from you two, simonwillems and mdoyle.

Mdoyle, nice building, even if I'm not a fan of the american street style and of big buidling (bigger than minifig scale, it's another story). But it looks good with nice details. Just continue and show us your next constructions.

Simonwillens, I like how you integrated the rails, the monorail looks like a tramway now. If only I had this set...

Thanks for the compliment Alex54! The original idea was to build a tramway, something like this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=196841

But that would have been to big to fit the small layout, and stations and tunnels would have been out of proportion...

The monorailtrain as it comes in the original set will do just fine, I bought it recently for a substantial amount of money but it's totally worth it *sweet*

Hey everyone, Thank you so much for all of the great feedback. Ill post more photos of the street and my in prograss buildings over the next few days. Ill also include some photos of the city vehicles. The fire truck is mine but a friend of mine takes care of most of the other vehicles. It does take many bricks to create a street. I use many 2x2 gray smooth tiles. I was lucky to get a whole bunch of these at pick-a-brick in chicago, illinois where a friend of mine lives. I live in Detroit Michigan about 6 hours norteast of chicago.

Hey everyone, Thank you so much for all of the great feedback. Ill post more photos of the street and my in prograss buildings over the next few days. Ill also include some photos of the city vehicles. The fire truck is mine but a friend of mine takes care of most of the other vehicles. It does take many bricks to create a street. I use many 2x2 gray smooth tiles. I was lucky to get a whole bunch of these at pick-a-brick in chicago, illinois where a friend of mine lives. I live in Detroit Michigan about 6 hours norteast of chicago.

You need to make some car factories so. You must have got one hell of a "bunch" of tiles :-D

One thing I noticed about posters making a MOC of a US city, there is always a fire station in this style and there are always air conditioning units!!!

Nevertheless, I do like the ACUs out the window, I never made them myself, I would like to but they aren't realistic here :-(

Very nice work! I like all the little details like the AC units, bench, fire hydrant, etc. I also like the grey baseplate, sort of feels like the city is overwhelming you!

God Bless,

Nathan

i really like that 4-wide classic build blue car!

i think you have some nice classic elements that blend well with new stuff

its a wonder how your "Ristorante" stickers are in such good condition!

Mine are kind of...dead

i really like that 4-wide classic build blue car!

i think you have some nice classic elements that blend well with new stuff

its a wonder how your "Ristorante" stickers are in such good condition!

Mine are kind of...dead

You only need a sorpion palace and a first gen xpod to make that car :)

I bought this restaurant not very long ago second so other people took car eof my stickers. I still have those stickers unused from my Idea book !

This is a very nice town scenery! *y*

Thanks!

M DOYLES FIRE STATION IS COOL! :-D

this might sound stupid but how do you put pictures on this site?

please no one laugh

Interesting lay outs. I'll try to post on myself. My town is a model of Lego Island!! *yoda* *yoda* *vader* *knight* *knight*

Interesting lay outs. I'll try to post on myself. My town is a model of Lego Island!! *yoda* *yoda* *vader* *knight* *knight*

Lego Island was the computer game?? Look forward to seeing your photos :-)

All of these layouts are very nice, well detailed, and carry thier respective builder's personality. I have to say that I am a little bit jeolous, mostly due to the limited amount of space I have to build anything at all. When I do have more space in the near future and time to build, I will definitely post some pictures.

One of the many goals for my own town is to put in an industrial center or section where I can build a fully operational chemical plant(I work in the chemical industry). X-D At any rate I do like that fact that everyone here can share thier ideas with one another and lend a thought or two.

Thanks so much for sharing your layouts with myself and others here on EB.

Oooh, been a while since I've been to this thread and there's lots of new mocs to comment on!

Highland Cattle - Your Mini with the dark blue stripes is still my favourite of your vehicles. Cool firehouse too!

Marc Gagnon - I like your vehicles, the monorail, disaster assistance unit and all the airport support vehicles in particular. I want to make some like that!

Cityfan - I can't see your pics at the moment, it says the folder is not public!

Casewindu - I especially like the red and white sports car. What makes it look so cool is that it's totally smooth! I also like the bus, the Tardis, the Jaws poster and the Marilyn Monroe. So simple, yet so effective!

I'm slowly adding to my New Block City project. As well as the old part of town which I posted photos of earlier, I'm also going to have an ultra-modern high rise section, and the first model I've completed for this is my Hospital (click on the image for more photos):

383982476_8fb2588f9a_o.jpg

PaulC: Sorry, but I just updated my folder, and that is the reason that you can't see it. But now you should be abbel to see it. *sweet*