Sign in to follow this  
deen

Bought 15kg of bricks for 30 euro's and built...

Some time ago I went to my local toy shop and they were having a closing sale of some of their bricks. I haggled a little with the shop owner and got him to sell me 3 liter bags of bricks for 5 euro's a piece. So i got 10 bags and went home.

Here are the pieces I got. I forgot to include the red corner roof corner pieces in the picture.

cimg0741.jpg

And here's my first creation. A school. I used the doors as windows as well, sticking them behind the openings in the wall

cimg0735.jpg

Front view

cimg0734.jpg

Side view

cimg0736.jpg

Top view.

haven't got a picture of the back. It's similar to the front except for the middle part where the entrance is.

So what do you think? More creations are coming up.

Edited by deen

I see that this is your first post so despite the fact that you're a member for some time now I'll just say welcome to the posting side of EB. :thumbup:

The roof's structure looks pretty interesting deen. The rest of the building looks a bit blocky though, but since you had a small number of pieces to work with when it comes to variety that's understandable.

Btw, the photos you've posted are larger than those permitted in EB (800x600 is the limit according to the Member Guidelines). Could you please resize those and post smaller ones?

If you don't know how to do so, there's an index of helpful tutorials found in my signature that includes a topic about image resizing. :classic:

Thanks for the response. I have resized the pics. Here are another few creations. I also started building a zoo, though I might break it (and the school) down to build an IKEA store as i imagine the citizens of my Lego town are more in need of furniture than monkeys and sharks.

Some nice holiday appartments. I cheated a little and added housenumbers next to the doors

cimg0725.jpg

cimg0727.jpg

A 4 story building (maybe a hotel)

cimg0728.jpg

cimg0729.jpg

cimg0730.jpg

The buildings next to each other

cimg0738.jpg

A small square building (I imagine it being a Chinese restaurant, though the colours are a bit off)

cimg0723.jpg

cimg0724.jpg

This is some old-school real creativity in work, congratulations! :)

I was thinking the same thing, it looks old but feels new, the apartments are very nicely done, I have some in my city that pretty much look just like that, but in Tan.

Nice work there 'deen', some old school classic town building eh ?......ah, those old doors so easy to do angled entrances right ? :laugh:

Hope to see more of your work and Brick On 'deen' ! :grin:

I really like the apartments and the hotel.

Great work with the limited pieces available, what a bargain they were though.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

i thought you got a great bargain there! i bought the same colour bricks from Bricklink few months ago.

great builds you did with your mega-purchase!

Wow, that's a great architectural touch for using basic elements on thebuilding and excellent work on the roof. This is very well done :classic:

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

Hehehe... You really have got a few doors there... Smart use of the them :wink:

I really like the apartments, but I also find the use of the red sloped bricks on the hotel very interesting. Nice jobs with these bricks!