KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Just getting started on Technic battle droids. Put them off for a long time and just woke up and decided that -

a) I like SW

b) I like Technic

c) How bad can they be???

Hope I am not disappointed!

Didn't really want it before, but i just got the last 9499 - Gungan Sub on Clearance in a local Toyshop for €44.99.

So, yeah, i couldn't resist that Queen Amidala-minifig in the end.

Edited by DarthBrickus

I bought

T-6 Jedi shuttle 7931

Sith Nightspeeder 7957

Mace Windu Jedi Interceptor 7868

All these above in box with instruction and no missing piece for 90$ CAD

I think it was a fair deal since the T-6 shuttle was 69.99 + 15% sale tax when it came out

I have been doing a lot of LEGO shopping over the past couple of months. I had the privilege of going on the LEGO Inside Tour in June and while I was there, I bought the Mos Eisley Cantina and the Imperial Star Destroyer. I really like the European boxes! While I enjoy having the piece count on the box, they look much more clean compared to their American counterparts. :thumbup: I'm not sure it does LEGO any favors when it comes to marketing though. LEGO is much more expensive in Europe and, coupled with the downsized boxes, I can only imagine how the uninitiated adult gift-givers feel when the pay so much for a box that's so little, not knowing that the model is bigger than the box might suggest.

Back on topic, I recently bought the Ghost and the Phantom. I love these sets when paired together, but I'm having a problem with the front flaps that store the equipment and missiles. The hinge for the flap on the left doesn't sit well (when I attempt to close it, it immediately bounces up a little bit) while the one on the right will stay down just fine. Because of this, the two sides are noticeably uneven. I tried to take the section apart and it appears that the hinge has a problem. I can't remove the technic pin no matter how hard I pull or push an axle on the other side. Any suggestions? Edit: With some brute strength and a simple part replacement I solved the problem.

An actual criticism I have about the Ghost is that Kanan can't fit in the gunner seat and I imagine Sabine won't be able to either. Ezra can just barely cram his head in there.

Edited by montyofmusic

The AT-AP and the Kashyyyk troopers - a perfect match and the walker looks amazing. I was initially torn between AT-TE and -AP, but the forum recommended the -AP. ... and what can I say, it is a great. Thanks! :thumbup:

I picked up The Ghost and The Phantom the other day. I've only had time to build The Ghost so far, and must say I like it. The figs themselves are great, and I enjoyed the build as well. :thumbup: However, the hairpiece of Kanan seems to be like a cheaper quality plastic, and when I put it on the figure, it's difficult to get the hair off without taking the head with it, and the head doesn't seem very loose on the torso. Is this a common problem with the new hairpiece?

I've been on a collecting spree lately. I got the Millennium Falcon, AT-AT, MTT, V-Wing Starfighter, B-Wing... and still have the X-Wing, Snowspeeder, Battle on Saleucant & Ewok Village yet to build. (The V-Wing & Saleucant were mainly for pieces that I wanted to use otherwise.) The AT-AT is the most impressive so far, hard to believe how robust and strong that thing is. The contrast between this Falcon and the previous 2 Falcons is huge - it's very clear that the LEGO designers are much better at engineering than they were in the past. Same goes for the MTT. Both my original Falcon and MTT were two of the flimsiest sets I've ever had and could never stay together. Very frustrating for a 15-year-old (as I was) who wanted to play with them. (Don't even mention those original 1999 podracers...)

I've been on a collecting spree lately. I got the Millennium Falcon, AT-AT, MTT, V-Wing Starfighter, B-Wing... and still have the X-Wing, Snowspeeder, Battle on Saleucant & Ewok Village yet to build. (The V-Wing & Saleucant were mainly for pieces that I wanted to use otherwise.) The AT-AT is the most impressive so far, hard to believe how robust and strong that thing is. The contrast between this Falcon and the previous 2 Falcons is huge - it's very clear that the LEGO designers are much better at engineering than they were in the past. Same goes for the MTT. Both my original Falcon and MTT were two of the flimsiest sets I've ever had and could never stay together. Very frustrating for a 15-year-old (as I was) who wanted to play with them. (Don't even mention those original 1999 podracers...)

You are going to love the Ewok Village. I picked that up a few months ago, and it was an INCREDIBLY fun build. While the Death Star 10188 is still the most fun build I've had since coming out of my dark ages, the Ewok Village rivals it for a fun build and a great end product. It is a great set to display, and when I had some friends over who were curious about my new found addiction, they spent a ton of time just playing with the set and admiring it.

Was doing some shopping today, when I found the Clone Turbo Tank on a Microfighter stand for £3.99 :cry_happy: Sadly, it was the last Turbo Tank there, but I'm glad I finally made a Lego purchase after a few months since my last.

75052: Mos Eisley Cantina

75053: The Ghost

75048: The Phantom

I just rebuilt 2004's 4501: Mos Eisley Cantina, right before picking up the latest 2014 incarnation. Comparing the 2004 model to 2014's 75052: Mos Eisley Cantina, it's amazing how far Lego has come. Around that time, if I remember correctly, TLG was in danger of closing. I can't express how happy I am to see us in 2014/2015, with TLG in good standing financially, and more sets on the horizon!

so... i found the 7662 MTT for about 120euros (no box tho) ... you guys think it's worth it ?

I think so but I say that from the point of view of a doting Grandparent who sees how much fun Jake & George have playing with it.

Edited by grum64

Was bored yesterday, and with this past Friday being payday and my return to work happening tomorrow, I decided to spend the little bonus money in my paycheck on some Lego. Having picked up pretty much everything available at the store that is for sale, I decided to splurge and pick up a few UCS sets to bulk up my VIP points. So I got R2-D2 and the X-Wing UCS. All I can say is "WOW!" The X-Wing was a great build and looks amazing, and R2 was just so much fun to build and see it completed.

The only thing that sucks about having such a good deal of money saved up and stored away for "fun" is that after splurging these past few months and having more fun than a man should have, I've run out of things to buy for my Lego Star Wars addiction that won't require a second mortgage. Heh. Still, I now have the unenviable problem of needing to build shelves in my home office as the floor space is now gone and some parts of it are unable to be accessed without either moving a bunch of Lego, or stepping on them. Hehe.

Was kind of funny being in the Lego Store and putting the X-Wing and R2 on the counter and seeing the look of awe in the eyes of a young kid at the register next to me. He had that look of "Oh my god, this guy is buying two huge sets like it's nothing! I can't wait until I get older and can do that!" At first, it was a bit odd, but then I realized that yeah, this is the type of thing I always wanted to do when I was a kid and now I can do it. :D

Just stinks that I need to go back to work tomorrow (and it's already after midnight right now so I can tell an insomnia bout is hitting me tonight, uggh), but on the bright side while I'm in my office I can play with my Lego.

Tonight I'm picking up:

10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle

10215 Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter

10221 UCS Super Star Destroyer

Been putting it off for quite some time but the prices aren't going to be going down so time to bite the bullet, two of my grail pieces so I'm excited to say the least! :D

Edited by Tronedor

The new SW Visual Dictionary.

Very nice pick-up. I got that a few weeks/months back along with the Character Encyclopedia, and just love looking through it and seeing retired sets that I want to get.

Lately, after having completed a major spending binge on sets, I've pretty much got all the sets that I can afford. One set that I really, REALLY, want to get is the UCS Super Star Destroyer - Executor, but it is no longer available for sale here in North America. I would love to be able to go to Europe and get it there as I see it is still for sale in the Lego Shop At Home sites in England and Spain, for example, but I can't get it shipped here. Arrrgh! I did receive a letter in the mail from my former employer talking about a pension plan payment that I am owed which they can pay me in a lump sum, albeit with income taxes taken out, but still, even after the income taxes are taken out of it it is still a LOT of money. I have a few weeks to think about if I want that or if I want to go and roll it over into my current retirement account, but if I decide to take the lump sum I may just go ahead and pay the $800 or so that it's going for on the re-sale market here.

Hmmm. I think I just made a decision on what to do with this offer to take the lump sum. Haha. I think I'll be getting that UCS SSD soon. :D

EDIT: Decided to make the plunge. I had forgotten that I had a TON of cash back rewards available on the Amazon credit card I have, so I went and picked up the Super Star Destroyer MISB for only $500 thanks to the cash back I had available, and because I decided to take the massive lump sum payment that was offered to me by my ex-employer. It should get here some time next week, and I'll have one of my holy grail of Star Wars Lego sets. :D

Edited by Jdurg

Today I got the Nute Gunray (The one with the gray face and headpiece) and the Chrome StormTrooper that I ordered from BrickLink. I picked up the Gray version of Nute Gunray since he looks different enough from the green-skinned/orange headpiece version that he's basically a completely different character. I consider him to be a second one of the Trade Federation goons. Heh. The Chrome StormTrooper is INCREDIBLE looking! Glad I got him for such a cheap price as he is a great addition to my collection. Looks pretty sweet up there in my self-made display stand in the same row as all my Protocol Droid variations which includes a TC-14. A neat little thing that I did to one of my numerous extra C-3PO minifigures was that I took some Europium based glow-in-the-dark paint and just applied it to his eyes. I took a small pin-head size dot of black paint in the middle, so that when the minifig is in "normal" light he looks like he has a VERY slightly green tinged cream eye with the black pupil. When the lights are turned off, however, it glows an incredibly sweet looking green color. Yes, I know this is "sacrilege" to modify a Lego part in this way, but it's removable and I also have so many of these C-3PO figures that I figured why not.

In some sad news, the order I had placed yesterday for the Super Star Destroyer got canceled. Apparently the seller on Amazon completely lied about the stock they had in hand and the order was canceled. Kind of pissed about that as I was really looking forward to getting this set. I just now went and purchased one from seller who distributes through Amazon.com and who also says that it's "in-stock". The nice thing is that this is eligible for Amazon Prime and is able to be had with overnight shipping for only $8.00 more. I was also refunded my cashback points as the previous purchase didn't go through. So I'm REALLY hoping that this doesn't get canceled as well. Just a bit "irked" at the moment that sellers don't bother to keep their stock up to date and accurate as it's incredibly annoying to think you have something coming your way, only to be told "Sorry, we lied, you get nothing."

75054 AT-AT

hopefully I'll get it in the mail soon.

Edited by h22chen

nice one :wink:

Also with box in near mint condition and instructions also

Very pleased too. especially for a reasonable price

Edited by AudiBobaR5-D2