Sign in to follow this  
LEGO Shop Girl

Who do you build for?

So as someone who grew up only aware of the very basic bricks and is now confronted on a daily basis with the complexity that LEGO has become; I feel compelled to ask the question: "Who do you build for? What kind of building appeals most to you? And most importantly; why?

So as someone who grew up only aware of the very basic bricks and is now confronted on a daily basis with the complexity that LEGO has become; I feel compelled to ask the question: "Who do you build for? What kind of building appeals most to you? And most importantly; why?

I build for myself. Classic space set appeals to me the most but it's been out of production for some 30 years now.

And why?.. Because it's...

FUN!!!

"Who do you build for?

I'll have to think about the meaning of that question... :classic:

What kind of building appeals most to you?

Any theme (at least potentially, but right now I have ideas only in Trains/City, Castle and Space) and any size, as long as there is some tricky challenge either mechanical or aesthetical.

And most importantly; why?

Because it's not easy (for me at least) and it forces me to think, hence giving me a good time :sweet:

I have to agree with Lego Otaku.

"Who do you build for?

Mostly for fun's sake.

What kind of building appeals most to you?

Any kind of building that's fun.

And most importantly; why?

Because it's fun.

Like everyone else has said......FUN ! :laugh:

The pleasure of seeing peoples eyes open up and jaws drop at the MOC's I create is AWESOME ! :laugh:

Plus if I can inspire others especially children to get some bricks out and build is also a joyful experience too ! :sweet:

Brick On Forever ! :grin:

I build for the characters. My head is full of stories, some that have a real narrative others that are basicly some characters who go blazing across my imagination, demand some story and then run off to have adventures of their own. It is the most fun that way.

Then there is the times I build just because I have an idea. A part or a picture on the 'net, a scene in a book or just another idea a simply must build.

I mainly build vehicles, but I have recently got back into castle again. Little scenes of varied sizes are another thing I enjoy building, but they all match with my most recent and interesting characters. I build mostly what people would call Sci Fi and Action themes with a few slips into Town when I grab a building idea. The complexity of the build depends on what I want to build and how I want it to look.

I build because I enjoy it, it is my hobby. I buy sets for parts and figures, very rarely do I buy a set that is what I want right away (Speed Racer cars, the Agents Truck and MMV are the only examples).

Hope I understood the questions correctly.

I mostly design and build whatever I feel like building, based on ideas I have. Pandering to the masses is a profitable but saturated market!

Who do you build for? What kind of building appeals most to you? And most importantly; why?

I build for myself because I like to create things. It makes my mind happy to think about what I want to make happen and then solve the problems of making that happen with the limited materials I have. I do like to share my creations though.

I like to make buildings the most. Houses and shops. I also like to create environments for my minifigures.

I build because it's fun and relaxing and because it makes my mind think.

To date, I have exclusively build for myself. The problemsolving abilities needed in Lego MOCs help me to concentrate and relax at the same time. I like it when I can focus my mind on a single purpose, thinking about nothing other than the solution for the next problem. The results are mostly mere byproducts which get scrapped almost immediately for the next project, but sometimes I come up with something that is worth displaying.

I really like space and robotic MOCs, as they have great possibilities for intricate details. Plus, I'm somewhat starting to get into (purist?) minifig modding. Within a year or so, I'd like to be able to do vignettes to, and as a premise I want to be able to customise the shown characters.

That's it for me, mostly. Have a nice day^^.

I build for me. It is a past time. I make whatever tickles my fancy at the moment.