L-space

WIP Clocktower and courtyard of the Unseen University

So I bought myself a flickr-pro account and that led me to uploading the WIP shots of the Great Hall part 1 (all 90 of them).

flickr set WIP, flickr set Great Hall, (Eurobricks topics can be via the index in my signature.)

And that also gave me the idea to show the progress of the courtyard.

I decided to move the mosaic to the centre of the courtyard to give it a more prominent place.

Also visible the ground work for part 1 and 2 of the Clocktower.

5719725084_9b6e9a728e.jpg

Courtyard_01 by L-space, on Flickr

I have also decided to add the Bridge of Size and the Wizard´s Pleasaunce to the University. Mainly because I ahd a great idea for a bridge and then it sort of found its way to the Unseen University.

The model looks nice so far L-Space! I like the mosaic deign on the ground. Can't wait to see the full model.

Congrats for your pro account and sorry for your wallet! :laugh:

It's very cool to have your splendid work shot in various angles now in flickr :thumbup:

Very promising, the tiling work of the courtyard is looking great already even in its incomplete state. This will certainly be a good addition to your Unseen University project. Very well done as usual L-Space! :thumbup:

'L-space' excellent work so far, can't wait the see the end result.....oh, that floor is so cool. :wink:

Brick On ! :grin:

Nice overview of the project! :classic:

The mosaic floor is really nice, you don't see them that colourfull a lot!

(i also like the wip dwarfs :tongue: )

It looks very good so far, L-Space! I always liked your little dwarves WIP signs. I look forward to the finished model. Well done!

Edited by Gregorovich

Thanks for the comments guys. Nice to know there are people out there appriciating your work. :laugh:

To be clear, it is the same tiling as was direct in front of the Great Hall. But with the courtyard taking shape it just didn't feel right. So I decided to move it to a more prominent place: the centre. It is a bit bigger though; 1 stud on all 4 sides.

The dwarves represent my two kids helping me on and of when building and dwarves all well known for their building skills. On Lowlug I saw someone with a minifig in his photo-signature and that gave me the idea to design the WIP sign with the dwarves.

Edited by L-space

that looks massive, you might have to build an anctual wing on to the house just to fit it. look very forward to seeing the progress.

Some bricklink orders later I'm trying if blue letters work better.

I wasn't that pleased with yellow after all.

Now I have to wait for more white tiles so I can get a good look of what it will be like.

5772340731_a472cdff46.jpg

Courtyard_05 by L-space, on Flickr

Inspired by the shirt of a colleague I tried a new, four colour, scheme and I think it worked out great.

So I'm now redoing all of the tiling including the entrance to the Great Hall.

5792686153_c94642b273.jpg

Courtyard_08 by L-space, on Flickr

The Rimward side of the courtyard is finished. Now I'm in need of more tiles to finish the other three sides.

The finished pics of the Courtyard won't be published untill the entire Main Octangle is done.

5871782779_00d93b6d43.jpg

Courtyard_09 by L-space, on Flickr

That concludes the WIP shots of the Courtyard, so not to spoil the surprise.

For part 1 of the Clocktower the foundation has been layed. The tiling attaches to the Courtyard.

5872372482_d45346f804.jpg

Clocktower-1_01 by L-space, on Flickr

Also both are on Brickshelf when public.