Dazmundo

Is this Lego?

Hi all

I have just recieved a pic from someone selling a 'Lego' train set and this is the pic 2728980-608m.jpg

I am certain that it's not Lego but she claims it is.

Am I wrong??

Cheers

D

If thats Lego, I don't know what I've been collecting all these years default_laugh_new.gif.

But seriously that isn't lego and I don't even know what it is.

but all I know is that I don't want it.

Edited by The Yellow Brick

If thats Lego, I don't know what I've been collecting all these years default_laugh_new.gif.

But seriously that isn't lego and I don't even know what it is.

but all I know is that I don't want it.

That's what I thought, I just thought I'd check though I didn't want someone to come out in a few weeks time saying they had found this very rare set that is worth loads and this is it! :laugh:

D

I would go back to her, provide her with the contact details for a VERY GOOD optometrist, and bid her a fond farewell. *huh*

Well that is actually a very rare set from the 80's. Duh. :hmpf:

lol, don't be like that. :devil:

oooohhh how much does she want for it? I don't have that set yet :tongue:

I peruse local Craigslist (classifieds, used sales) posts every day, looking for Lego. Some people will refer to anything that snaps together using the Lego name. They could be giant bricks, wooden blocks, etc and they still call them Lego.

I peruse local Craigslist (classifieds, used sales) posts every day, looking for Lego. Some people will refer to anything that snaps together using the Lego name. They could be giant bricks, wooden blocks, etc and they still call them Lego.

Yeah I noticed that too in my area. 90 percent of it is preschool stuff anyways. :tongue:

it seems like other brands that became normal words, like kleenex for handkerchiefs, or kellogs for cereals.

we should be happy! lego for building toys!

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

Yeah, like everyone has been saying "LEGO" has become the universal term for anything that clicks together. That being said, I know that those tan and light-gray track pieces are definitely MegaBlock (When I was younger I had a drag race pit stop and it had those exact track pieces). From that I'll assume the black track is the only thing that actually belongs to the train+station.

Weird how the power cars have one bogie and what looks like a sort of single-axle truck at the rear. The power cars are actually too long proportionately- odd, because often with HST sets the carriages are much shorter than scale.

God only knows who made that set- Lego it ain't.

I recognize the grey and yellow track parts. Its from a Megablocks set. Two battery powered race cars went around them. There where two variations of black and yellow NASCARs or red and blue Indy cars, depending on what you built, two pit crews, a large track, podium, a sport announcers tower, and a heli-pad. Those last two I still have. I think it was from the late 90's Maybe 99'. Having trouble finding it.

Edit: Found it!

51dtKU5q1PL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

this is not mega blocks, it was a small chinese manufaturer that decided to battle against hornby to create a small battery powered train set, here utilising the Intercity 125, the track was plastic and it did clip together so you could change the track design as many times as you want. I attually sold my set last year at a car boot salefor £5

Looks like some Matchbox tracks to me, but on a closer look that's not even it and no LEGO either!

this is not mega blocks, it was a small chinese manufaturer that decided to battle against hornby to create a small battery powered train set, here utilising the Intercity 125.

The black track and train no but, the gray and yellow definitely are. I sold those exact same type pieces a few years ago. :classic: