r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

Well, some people have mistakenly assumed that the Unikitty bag line is supposed to be part of the CMF series. That added to the fact that the LEGO released minifigure countĀ for all the series together is 59 the confusion is understandable.

On 1/17/2018 at 12:59 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I saw the HP list.
No dementor.

I'm officially sad.

Do not give up hope yet, you could still get your soul-eater :tongue: There is still 6 available spots in the cmf series and according to rumors the great hall set should have 2 dementors, the final version do not have any. In addition one fig that was in the cmf line is now in the set, so a ghost could have swapped places with a dementor :wink:

On 21/2/2018 at 1:50 PM, Roebuck said:

Do not give up hope yet, you could still get your soul-eater :tongue: There is still 6 available spots in the cmf series and according to rumors the great hall set should have 2 dementors, the final version do not have any. In addition one fig that was in the cmf line is now in the set, so a ghost could have swapped places with a dementor :wink:

Oh if that happens...

August 2018: Harry Potter Series (1?)

January 2019: The Lego Movie 2 Series (1?)?

May 2019: The Billion Brick Race Series?*

September 2019: Series 19?*

Januray 2020: The Lego Movie 2 Series (2?)?

May 2020: Series 20 (celebrating 10 years of CMF and it's the twentieth (milestone) series)?*

Ā 

?Unconfirmed

*Release Date Subject To Change

I don't really think the LEGO Movie Sequel will have 2 series.Ā 

Also, I bet The Billion Brick Race will be pushed back, after what happened with Batman Movie and Ninjago las year. Releasing 2 LEGO movies back to back would be a bad move

Ā 

I would thinkĀ it'll go like this

August 2018: Harry Potter

January 2019: The LEGO Movie SequelĀ 

May 2019: Series 19

I also think that Series 20 will be a special series to celebrate both the 20th series and the 10th anniversary of the theme, as you said.

Also, call me crazy but I think LEGO is testing the waters to release 4 series per year, given the weird release dates of Series 18 and Harry Potter

Edited by Robert8

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I also think that Series 20 will be a special series to celebrate both the 20th series and the 10th anniversary of the theme

I think so too.

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

August 2018: Harry Potter Series (1?)

January 2019: The Lego Movie 2 Series (1?)?

May 2019: The Billion Brick Race Series?*

September 2019: Series 19?*

Januray 2020: The Lego Movie 2 Series (2?)?

May 2020: Series 20 (celebrating 10 years of CMF and it's the twentieth (milestone) series)?*

IfĀ The Billion Brick RaceĀ stays right where it is, yeah, most of that sounds about right. As for the possibility of a second series for TLM2, well, I certainly wasn't expecting such a thing to happen to the TLBM, so I'm not going to automatically rule that possibility out for now.

The question is, where does a second Disney CMS come into this, if at all?

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Also, I bet The Billion Brick Race will be pushed back, after what happened with Batman Movie and Ninjago las year. Releasing 2 LEGO movies back to back would be a bad move

I sort of hope that this will end up happening, just as long as we don't end up with yet another botched movie.

Also, call me crazy but I think LEGO is testing the waters to release 4 series per year, given the weird release dates of Series 18 and Harry Potter

Eh, I kinda hope not, as I feel it might be too much for production to handle.

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I don't really think the LEGO Movie Sequel will have 2 series.Ā 

Ā 

I would thinkĀ it'll go like this

August 2018: Harry Potter

January 2019: The LEGO Movie SequelĀ 

May 2019: Series 19

I also think that Series 20 will be a special series to celebrate both the 20th series and the 10th anniversary of the theme, as you said.

Sounds about right with the billion brick race as that is closer to tlm 2 then ninjago and TLBM.

Also makes sense because TLBM series 2 has had 3 months on shelves, series eighteen will have 4 months and HP will have 5 months on shelves. Take one month off of series eighteen and two months off of HP and boom you've got yourself another series.

Edited by J4ck

5 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Assuming there are a bunch of Space figures in it, I would not mind at all.

You wouldn't mind if there will be two series or if there will not be two series?

6 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Assuming there are a bunch of Space figures in it, I would not mind at all.

The Lego Movie 2 is set in space as well so I think that is almost a guarantee.

Whichever series is released in May* 2019 will be the 30th Series Overall**

*Date subject to change

**Including Licensed Series

7 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

You wouldn't mind if there will be two series or if there will not be two series?

I think my profile picture and country should provide a context that will answer your question. :wink:

Ā 

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

Exactly. But they could always go the filler route. I'm just hoping that is not the case.

On 3/3/2018 at 3:47 AM, J4ck said:

Sounds about right with the billion brick race as that is closer to tlm 2 then ninjago and TLBM.

I only pray that they don't completely shelf the movie.Ā :sad:

9 hours ago, J4ck said:

But just because it's been said that this is a "Space Action Musical" doesn't mean that Classic Space is a given for this sequel, if "Space" broadly means what we presume it means at all.

48 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wonder if the Minecraft series was actually set to come out in 2019 to go along with the Minecraft movie

Maybe, but at least playsets are a given for the movie under the preexisting Minecraft line we have already. The sets may be branded under the movie banner, but technically, it would be to the typical line what the three 2014 TMNT movie sets were to the Nickelodeon TV show line.

After getting a dolphin in a CMF series, what other "big" animals would you expect to see in upcoming CMF waves?

A goat with a Farmer Girl?

A cow with a Milkmaid?

Ā 

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

After getting a dolphin in a CMF series, what other "big" animals would you expect to see in upcoming CMF waves?

A cow with a Milkmaid?

A goat would be amazing.Ā  I don't expect to see a cow or other large animal like a horse with a CMF, but I didn't expect the Dolphin, so who knows.Ā  Maybe a Centaur could be in order.

Both of those would be awesome. Maybe sea turtle with marine biologist, koala and conservationist :wub:, whooping crane and ornithologist. Could do a whole bunch focusing on vulnerable and threatened animals.

But a farm motif would be great as well, the farmer and pig is one of my favorite CMFs.

A cow with a Milkmaid?

Ā 

The more the merrier :tongue: A sheep is long overdue, maybe a hammerhead shark with a diver if we are pushing the boundaries here :wink: A roe deer would be a dream come true for me, but any deer would be great :thumbup:

58 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

The goat won't happen because of its manufacturingĀ complexity.

Care to elaborate that statementĀ :classic:

Yeah, that's gonna need some expounding upon.

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The more the merrier :tongue: A sheep is long overdue, maybe a hammerhead shark with a diver if we are pushing the boundaries here :wink: A roe deer would be a dream come true for me, but any deer would be great :thumbup:

They should really do a hammerhead piece for the Big Shark in the next ocean-basedĀ City theme.

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

A cow with a Milkmaid?

Ā 

A goatherd and aĀ milkmaid are overdue. I know a horse will fit in a CMF pack, but will a cow? I don't have one to test it out.

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

How about...

Alpine Goat Herder with a goat, Nomadic Shepard with a sheep/ram/lamb, Outback Adventurer with either a koala or joey/wallaby, Zoologist with a Bonobo/Orangutan/baby Gorilla, Bird Watcher with an eagle/falcon/hawk, Marine Biologist with a Manta Ray...

Hey, you aren't collecting ideas for more CMFs are you?Ā :wink: