r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

I keep forgetting that D&D belongs to Hasbro :snicker: So not only do we have two Hasbro-licensed sets now, but also a CMF series! Interesting times. 

…do I smell a Mr Potato head figure for Toy Story 5? :excited:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I keep forgetting that D&D belongs to Hasbro :snicker: So not only do we have two Hasbro-licensed sets now, but also a CMF series! Interesting times. 

…do I smell a Mr Potato head figure for Toy Story 5? :excited:

UCS buildable potato 

15 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Maybe the baby Dragon will reuse the new Norbera mould we're getting in this years Hagrids hut

Yes, please! 

On 2/15/2024 at 12:02 AM, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Maybe the baby Dragon will reuse the new Norbera mould we're getting in this years Hagrids hut

It's already confirmed it's not the same mold.  

On 2/15/2024 at 3:56 PM, Lion King said:

Yes, please! 

It's a new mold not Norbert from HP

20 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

It's already confirmed it's not the same mold.  

It's a new mold not Norbert from HP

YESSSSS!!!!! More molded draongs for me!

I wonder what will 2025 bring us when it comes to CMF? I took a look and I notice that there is a changing pattern over years. 

2021: 1 regular series (S21) and 2 icensed series (Looney Tuens Sereis and Marel S1)

2022: 2 regular series (S22 and S23) and 1 licensed series (Muppets Series)

2023: 1 regular eries (S24) and 2 licensed (Disney 100 Series and Marvel S2)

2024: 2 regular series (S25 and S26) and 1 licensed series (D&D Series)

I suspect we might see 1 regular series and 2 licensed series in 2025? However, we know nohting yet until around summer (it’s when we might know about 1st seires of 2025).

Lets hope Series 27 will be the January one

28 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I wonder what will 2025 bring us when it comes to CMF? I took a look and I notice that there is a changing pattern over years. 

2021: 1 regular series (S21) and 2 icensed series (Looney Tuens Sereis and Marel S1)

2022: 2 regular series (S22 and S23) and 1 licensed series (Muppets Series)

2023: 1 regular eries (S24) and 2 licensed (Disney 100 Series and Marvel S2)

2024: 2 regular series (S25 and S26) and 1 licensed series (D&D Series)

I suspect we might see 1 regular series and 2 licensed series in 2025? However, we know nohting yet until around summer (it’s when we might know about 1st seires of 2025).

As long as one of those licensed series is a fresh IP that TLG never touched before, I'd be fine with that

17 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

As long as one of those licensed series is a fresh IP that TLG never touched before, I'd be fine with that

Agreed. I hope ti would be Super Mario CMF but it could be highly unlikely.

Now come to think, i feel like Lego is running out of ideas for licensed series as we had Simpsons, Harry Potter series. I’m sure there are more missing characters from Disney, Muppets, Marvel, DC, and Looney Tunes. I can’t think of something that is very new other than I wish for Mario and Stuido Gihbil.  

19 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Agreed. I hope ti would be Super Mario CMF but it could be highly unlikely.

Now come to think, i feel like Lego is running out of ideas for licensed series as we had Simpsons, Harry Potter series. I’m sure there are more missing characters from Disney, Muppets, Marvel, DC, and Looney Tunes. I can’t think of something that is very new other than I wish for Mario and Stuido Gihbil.  

Now that I also think about it, I can't remember if TLG made a CMF based on a video game or not

2 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Now that I also think about it, I can't remember if TLG made a CMF based on a video game or not

D&D Seires are only based on game but not video game. So no there is no video game-related series.  That’s why I said “Mario” :) 

Posted (edited)

Also, S27 or S28 could be themed as well. 

After Series 14 and Series 26, what other themed series do you see happing in the future? 

Id like a Christmas series 

Edited by Robert8

If they do any more themed series I’d guess a castle one, it makes the most sense but pirates would be good too…

a historical/mythology one would be cool too but I don’t think that would be appealing to the general public 

as for licensed series Indiana Jones would have been a good one but I don’t know how long the license lasts… they could maybe try pirates of the Caribbean when the new movie comes out in a couple years 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Also, S27 or S28 could be themed as well. 

After Series 14 and Series 26, what other themed series do you see happing in the future? 

Id like a Christmas series 

One based on revamping minifigs from old themes from the 2000's-2010's, but if you want a licensed series, Brawl Stars for the kiddies and Apex Legends for the teens/adults (It wouldn't be the first shooter game TLG made sets off of anyway)

18 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

If they do any more themed series I’d guess a castle one, it makes the most sense but pirates would be good too…

a historical/mythology one would be cool too but I don’t think that would be appealing to the general public 

Castle is definitely right up there with Space in having a bunch of factions/subthemes throughout Lego’s history, along with plenty of more general tropes that would make it very easy to do something like what we’re seeing with series 26. That said, I’m not sure we’d see something like that next year because there’d be a certain amount of thematic overlap with the D&D series coming this fall. 

Pirates is a fun enough theme but I’m not sure an unlicensed series would have enough distinct variations for a twelve character series. After all, there have been way fewer pirates in regular series than spacemen and aliens. 

And while historical or mythological figures aren’t everyone’s cup of tea - neither are monsters or sci-fi and that didn’t stop them from doing series 14 or 26. And those two options could be especially interesting if you pull from cultures around the world. 

3 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Those would hurt my wallet the most :tongue: However something like the Space one do not interest me at all, so the themed ones are very hit or miss. I prefer regular ones what have something for everyone (tough they have way to many costumed figs in general):wink:

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Christmas could be fun, though there aren't a lot of instantly familiar archetypes left to be done at this point.

There are a lot of themes I'd love to see. Classical mythology is a good one. Fairy tales. Musicians. World cultures. I'd even take a second round of monsters; there are plenty of those to explore!

38 minutes ago, Karalora said:

I'd even take a second round of monsters; there are plenty of those to explore!

Collecting Lego versions of the monsters from Lost Tapes sounds promising 

Ren’t Series 18 and 22 themed as Costumes??

aywans I’m totally up for Castle and Pirates. Themed series.  I’m also up for second series for Halloween/Monsters!

I think Christmas CMF sounds great. I’m waiting for a proper bottom part for snowman. I don’t want white legs, just wanted a domed part.

On 4/3/2024 at 10:25 PM, Accio Lego said:

Pirates is a fun enough theme but I’m not sure an unlicensed series would have enough distinct variations for a twelve character series. After all, there have been way fewer pirates in regular series than spacemen and aliens. 

I don’t care if Pirates have to be realistic, Following Series 14 and Series 26’s fashion, I will drop my ideal list for Pirates CMF…

1.) (female) Pirate Captian

.2.) Merchant 

3.) Sea Witch 

4.) Sea Warrior (with mermaid tail) with new shell-tangled hairpiece and new spear

5.) Imperial Soldier 

6.) Pirate Ship Costume 

7.) Pirate Fairy 

8.) First Mate

9.) Governor’s Daughter or Governess 

10.) Shipwreck Pirate with monkey and bottle 

11.) Cabin Boy

12.) Pirate Prisoner  

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

Ren’t Series 18 and 22 themed as Costumes??

aywans I’m totally up for Castle and Pirates. Themed series.  I’m also up for second series for Halloween/Monsters!

I think Christmas CMF sounds great. I’m waiting for a proper bottom part for snowman. I don’t want white legs, just wanted a domed part.

I don’t care if Pirates have to be realistic, Following Series 14 and Series 26’s fashion, I will drop my ideal list for Pirates CMF…

1.) (female) Pirate Captian

.2.) Merchant 

3.) Sea Witch 

4.) Sea Warrior (with mermaid tail) with new shell-tangled hairpiece and new spear

5.) Imperial Soldier 

6.) Pirate Ship Costume 

7.) Pirate Fairy 

8.) First Mate

9.) Governor’s Daughter or Governess 

10.) Shipwreck Pirate with monkey and bottle 

11.) Cabin Boy

12.) Pirate Prisoner  

Okay, adding fantasy elements would definitely provide the variety to make a Pirates series work - especially if you added a classic Siren and an undead style pirate to work off the idea of ghost ships. 

Throw in some pirates from different cultures and you could have something really interesting. A Zheng Yi Sao inspired pirate queen would be super fun. 

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Okay, adding fantasy elements would definitely provide the variety to make a Pirates series work - especially if you added a classic Siren and an undead style pirate to work off the idea of ghost ships. 

Throw in some pirates from different cultures and you could have something really interesting. A Zheng Yi Sao inspired pirate queen would be super fun. 

Agreed. A mix of historical and fantasy characters would be perfect. 

Oooh pirates from different cultures do sound great! Just like Sinbad the Sailor (well eh is is not exaclty Porte but more reading to sea stuff).

I wouldn’t mind more themed series like S14, S18, and now S26, as long as they’re as varied, creative, and whacky as those three :thumbup: Purely historical ones would not be exciting enough in my opinion, I’d much prefer for them to have a fantasy touch like @Accio Lego is suggesting :sweet:

A pirate series would be neat

I'd add Kraken Costume Guy because there needs to be a costume somewhere

He could include 2 pirate microfigures as accesories :pir-triumph:

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

A pirate series would be neat

I'd add Kraken Costume Guy because there needs to be a costume somewhere

He could include 2 pirate microfigures as accesories :pir-triumph:

I love that Kraken Costume idea!

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I wouldn’t mind more themed series like S14, S18, and now S26, as long as they’re as varied, creative, and whacky as those three :thumbup: Purely historical ones would not be exciting enough in my opinion, I’d much prefer for them to have a fantasy touch like @Accio Lego is suggesting :sweet:

Agreed. Pirate Fairy, Sea Witch, Sea Warrior sound cool to have!

Posted (edited)

I think a Pirates series and a Castle series are possible. 'Wild West' too (with the usual caveats). These all provide scope for TLG to include 3-4 'redux' characters from classic themes, with the remaining 8-9 figures comprised of whimsical costume figures and riffs on pop culture tropes. Plus, they are potentially cheap(er) for TLG to produce, as it would be able to leverage its existing moulids for these themes.

I can certainly see them doing a 'Global Cultures' series - they have done some of these already (e.g.  Lederhosen Guy, Geisha, Bagpiper, Royal Guard, Mariarchi, Flamenco Dancer etc), so no reason for them not to do more.

A historical focused series would be logical (history/mythology figures  are a staple of unlicensed CMF series). This could go in a few different directions:

• Classical history and/or mythology: one or more series inspired by ancient civilizations )e.g. Egypt, India, China, Greece and Rome). This would include a mix of mythology (Odin, Zeus, Anubis, Sphinx etc) and reality (e.g. Pretorian Guard, Ancient Thespian, Philosopher, Sculptor, Princess, Terracotta Warrior, Maharajah). A fun history idea I'd like to see would be a 'Trojan Horse' inspired figure: a Hellenic Warrior with gold helmet, shield and sword, wearing a printed horse costume piece (in the style of the 18 CMF Cowboy and Horse Suit Minifigure).
  • 'Famous people from history' - in the vein of the Abe Lincoln and William Shakespeare mini-figures previously released. This would focus on leaders, artists, musicians and thinkers from the pre-1900's (e.g. Louis XIV, Elizabeth I, Napoleon, Nefertiti, Aristotle, Da Vinci, Mozart etc). 

Of these, I think the 'classical history + mythology' option would give designers the greatest scope for creativity/whimsy in their designs.

Edited by Breakspear