Sign in to follow this  
Captain Roger

Imperial Barrack and Island of punishment

Well, I am a beginner in making MOCs but i reallly love Lego pirates so I decided to make pirate MOCS

This is titled "Imperial barrack"...If i would be a Lego set designer I'd put only 2 pirates in that set...but i decided to put 4 because i thought make a photo of a lego battle in that pirates are killing imperial guards will be really cool:

Imperial Barrack

These images are thumbnails so CLICK on them to view larger images.

Back

dscf3902.jpg_thumb.jpg

1st front

dscf3905.jpg_thumb.jpg

2nd front

imperial_barrack_front_1.jpg_thumb.jpg

Detail of imperial Barrack

imperial_barrack_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

(well, only Captain Roger/Redbeard killing a soldier, but i think is cool)

Island of punishment

Here is where evil pirates are hanged!

The island

island_detail.jpg_thumb.jpg

Detail

island_front.jpg_thumb.jpg

Hope read your comments early mates ;-)

I'd write comments now but the Brickshelf folders aren't moderated yet so I can't see what I'm looking at.

But what I can say is you probably should have created a thread for each of your MOCs since each will get a better response that way. When there's two MOCs in the one thread it seems one steals more attention than the other.

Could you please post deeplinks? You can post deepilinks by clicking ona a pic until it's URL ends in .jpg, .gif, and so on...

You're right and you're wrong. Yes I am registered at Brickshelf, but no I cannot see the pictures because the folder needs to be moderated first. That means a Brickshelf Moderator has to approve of the folder before anyone else (excluding its creator - which is you) can see it.

So we'll just wait upto 48 hours for that to happen.

ah ok sorry phes...i sent you 2 PM(because the first doesn't appear in my sent items) asking you what can i do for making the forum public...Well...I must wait

Like I've already said: you could use deeplinks to show us some pics of the moc. Just go to your B-SHelf directory and keep clicking on the desired image until it's URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .bmp or whatever. Then you copy/paste the URL between the Image (img) tags.

For example: (without quotes) ["img"] link goes here ["/img"]. Hope that helped. :-)

Yes, take Mr Khorne's advice. By keep on click he means when you click on an image in the Brickshelf folder make sure you click it a second time to ensure you're getting the direct link to the image.

that couldn't work because the size of the photos is big...but now the fulder is already public and all of you can see my MOCs

Very nice! I like the lagoon lock up feel of the barracks and it is great to see the spanish armarda at work on their very own island. I look forward to your MOCs getting bigger and better.

Thanks for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan

Good work *y* *y*

I like that "Island of Punishment", it's very creative and a little humorous too.

"Pirates Ye Be Warned" HaHa.

Those are pretty cool. I like the action shots, they add character, if thats an acceptable adjective haha. It'll be interesting to see how much of that action you put into a larger project.

thanks for your comments...I'm happy about you oo7 Norro and Sean like my MOCs...specially Sean who likes the action shots

oo7, is nice u found funny Island of Punishment...Mjy mofther said is a terrible photo

About Norro and his feel of Lagoon Lock up seeing the barrack...well, I was inspired in that seft to build Imperial barrack

Hope to read your comments Phes!

My comments huh? My first comment is that I'm pleased you've taken the time to share this MOC with us and if you check your Promotion Progress Bar you'll notice you're almost due for promotion!

The first time I saw the Imperial Barracks from the front I immediately thought of Lagoon Lockup, so you've definitely capture the look of that set! What I'm wondering is did you use the grey pieces for the barracks because you didn't have enough white or were you doing this purposely to achieve a different look from other Imperial Guard sets and MOCs?

Thanks for commenting phes, your comments are really importants for me...but I ask you to be sincere and tell me if you like or not my MOCs and the reasons...

And the grey pieces are because i havent white pieces...I was inspired in Lagoon Lock up when i did Imperial barracks but today i have compared my MOC with the original set and I saw they have many differences...like the door, one cannon more...I tried to do an improved version but I must admit i had a mistake and the door should be more above because sea's water could flood the house

Of course I'm sincere! You don't get to Lord Admiral by butt kissing, yer know!

My usual procedure when critiquing these MOCs is to ask a few questions so I can get a better understanding of what you were setting out to achieve. Then gradually I begin to offer my opinion as objectively as possible.

So you've used grey because of lack of white? If you happen to have yellow you could also use those because yellow elements were common amongst the Imperial Guard achitecture. But that's only if you want to get it closer in appearance to something The LEGO Company produced.

I'd prefer yellow because I think it works better in Imperial Guard design, but if you don't have any yellow pieces then you can't really be criticized. Rather commended for making use of the pieces you do have!

Oh... By the way... Promoting the Pirate forum is an ongoing objective, so if its not too much trouble could you upload the following image to every (pirate) Brickshelf folder you have. That way when someone who doesn't post on Eurobricks browses your folder they can find this forum, and the more people who visit this forum the more responses you get!

__discuss.jpg

The picture with the men hanging from the tree by their necks is very violent and disturbing. Is this suitable for a forum with children present as it may cause them to do this in their own home and that would be very bad. But I think I am mostly offended because thats ME getting hung in that tree and I don't like that idea at all. Why can't it be some other pirate as Captain Redbeard always get favorism over Captain Ironhook.

The issue I have with the hangings. is that palm leaves wouldn't be strong enough to hold a person's weight.

And how is that worse for kids than anything you can do with a cutlass, cannons, guns, or piracy in general?

The picture with the men hanging from the tree by their necks is very violent and disturbing. Is this suitable for a forum with children present as it may cause them to do this in their own home and that would be very bad. But I think I am mostly offended because thats ME getting hung in that tree and I don't like that idea at all. Why can't it be some other pirate as Captain Redbeard always get favorism over Captain Ironhook.

Sorry man, but I'll never hang captain Redbeard in my life...he is my favourite lego pirate...and I sadly for me, captain Redbeard has been humiliated by too many lego fans and i don't understand why...I hanged captain Ironhook because i tought hanging a captain is cooler than hang a standart pirate...and ill-treat captain Redbeard is not original because is frequent...and I'll never hang my favourite pirate. then i think complaining about hanging Captain Ironhook is unfair because the frequently ill-treated pirate is captain Roger...but i understand you and i am sorry

About children...don't worry...Mr Phes has seen that pictures and he didn't complain...and is the admin....and Brickshelf mods didn't censore my photo...then, the photo may be not as violent you said.

Greetings from captain Roger and thanks for seeing my MOC...i am glad about you have seen it...what do you think about Imperial barrack?

I must say that this is a bit humilliating for little kid brains. Maybe they aren't as smart as an adult, but they do know that it is pretty unhealthy to hang yourself on a tree, and besides little kids probarly don't use brickshelf or eurobricks..

Sorry Captain Roger I almost forgot your MOCs, In comparison, your barrack may be differint to the lagoon lock op but it still reminds me on it, and the island... I really like it!

I really enjoyed looking at the MOC, I even noticed that the pirate in the top right corner is just hitting the guard over the head with the handle of the revolver rather than shooting him! That pirate had better hit him hard or that guard is going to come back really mad! *sweet*

Thanks SirScottLego...I'mb glad you enjoyed that shot.

Mr tiber...thabks for commenting too...is evident i feel inspired in lagoon lock up, and about the island...I'm happy you like it

Quite cool! Keep up the work, I take my hat off to those pirates. its cool, the jail everything..Good moc, I especially like the dock.

Thanks Evil Willy...well...That MOCs aren't as cool as you said, i must admit it...but i have improved the Imperial Barracks and I hope to submit the photos as soon as possible