KimT

What did you get to get the exclusive fig?

I'm in the UK and to qualify for the promotion I phoned at 8am on May 3rd to order Tantive IV which I've been wanting for ages but holding out for an offer.

This came today with the poster but no minifig - instead I have been sent a Boba Fett keychain which is quite cool (but not obviously the Shadow Trooper). I phoned to see what had happened and was advised they had ran out of the promotional minifig which is suprising considering I phoned at the start of the promotion but I guess those early-hour web-buyers may have beaten me to it!

All in all though a good promotion and I'm happy with the discounted Tantive IV.

I'm in the UK and to qualify for the promotion I phoned at 8am on May 3rd to order Tantive IV which I've been wanting for ages but holding out for an offer.

This came today with the poster but no minifig - instead I have been sent a Boba Fett keychain which is quite cool (but not obviously the Shadow Trooper). I phoned to see what had happened and was advised they had ran out of the promotional minifig which is suprising considering I phoned at the start of the promotion but I guess those early-hour web-buyers may have beaten me to it!

All in all though a good promotion and I'm happy with the discounted Tantive IV.

So you are buying them for $10 and selling them for $20? :thumbdown:

$20 is not a bad price considering that some "very nice person" on Bricklink is asking $99.99 for one of these :devil:*oh2* although I doubt they will sell any at that price for a few years. lol

After all lcs hasn't done anything wrong but purchased a product that the shop was selling and he is selling it on at a very reasonable price.

In my opinion give it a month or two and these will go down in price to around $15 but definitely not lower than that.

Edited by legolandia

I have also bought 7 from BL but the chance to get a few more for my army would be nice too. :laugh:

We wouldn't expect anything less from you. :laugh:

On that note, I guess I was a lucky US customer: I ordered 10198 during the little window of availability at night on the 2nd, and it arrived on the 7th right on time with the Shadow ARF.

This came today with the poster but no minifig...

That is really unfortunate fella. I know of some people who put through orders later on in the day (also in the UK) and did get the Shdaow ARF, I feel for you.

I also went for a Tantive IV which, exactly like you, I have been holding out for an offer before purchasing. I placed my order at 6.30am on the 3rd but had still not had a confirmation email for it by mid morning on the 4th. I had spoken to customer services twice the previous day and they had told me that due to the huge amount of traffic the web site was experiencing, some issues were cropping up. For example some orders were getting very delayed in their system and some were not having the ARF figiure added even though it should have been.

With this in mind I decided to go to the Lego retail store at Westfield in London as I had a day off and it is about a one hour round trip. I'm glad I did because when I finally got home around 2pm my confirmation email was finally waiting, however my Shadow ARF was showing as being on back order. I guess this means I would not have gotten one.

I think it is fair to say that Lego probably under estimated the demand this would cause and were therefore somewhat unprepared. Knowing how excellent there customer service is, hopefully this is something they will be very keen to avoid in the future.

Jamzee, it might be worth a polite follow call to Lego stating how you are aware there were some problems that day and know of people who ordered later in the day than you and did get the free minifig. Maybe they will be able to find you one hidden away somewhere?

Edited by AnseltheCat

So far it seems that the UK was the most under-prepared with the number of ARFs. Have other countries had this problem?

I placed an order for the Slave 1 on the 3rd, and an order for the Maersk Train on the 4th. Both arrived on the 7th with the ARF. I also orded the MBA sets on the 3rd, and got the shipping notification for my ARF, but he has yet to arrive. Here's hoping for 3 out 3 on my orders!

One of the ARFs will go to my 9 year old. He got the results of his latest bench mark assessment test for 3rd grade. 94%! Very proud.

My UCS Death Star arrived today. No Arf Trooper even though it is shown on the packing slip. I called Lego and they said it was "while supplies last" and that they'll send me a key chain instead. Lame, especially when i spent $400.

I got both the "back ordered" Tantive IV and my ARF today... in separate packages because it was assumed the backordered Tantive IV was, in fact, back ordered.

My UCS Death Star arrived today. No Arf Trooper even though it is shown on the packing slip. I called Lego and they said it was "while supplies last" and that they'll send me a key chain instead. Lame, especially when i spent $400.

Hmm I hope that doesnt happen to me. Granted I know where to get one, just will have to take my recipet into my local Lego Store. Congrats on the Death Star, I had a awesome time putting mine together.

Im still waiting for my items and still no confimation on the minifig and poster. Lego Australia is going to get back to me but im worried that the item has shipped almost a week ago and still havent recived anything. :hmpf_bad:

Im still waiting for my items and still no confimation on the minifig and poster. Lego Australia is going to get back to me but im worried that the item has shipped almost a week ago and still havent recived anything. :hmpf_bad:

It usually takes up to 3 weeks to receive things from LEGO, if you are in Australia, it'll probably come at the end of next week or the week after.

So far it seems that the UK was the most under-prepared with the number of ARFs. Have other countries had this problem?

Orders from S@H come from Denmark (via germany) anyway, so it's not really a UK-specific problem... I ordered mine online on the third, the initial order was during the day, but I didn't have the card I was using to pay at work, so had to wait until evening to finally place it - another battle of endor, and some magnets I'd been swithering about for ages - and it arrived with poster and ARF within a few days...

Just received my AT-AT today and the ARF was included, I made my order at about 4 GMT on the 3rd. So I'm still very happy to get it as I have read all the dreaded stories of people not having it included. Didn't get the poster though, but to be honest cared little for that one.

Just got my order - UCS Shuttle and Battle of Geonosis - placed just after midnight on the 4th for delivery to Ireland. No ARF, got a Boba keychain. Sent off one e-mail asking why, got a 'unprecedented demand' e-mail. I was going to send them a more demanding e-mail, but after reading here, I think I'll just settle for 'pissy' instead.

I'm cross.

Got my X-Wing fighter yesterday... the limited poster and... a mercenary keychain... I'm very sad because my childreen realy wants the shadow ARF...

No chance !

Thanks for the advice!

I just send an e-mail to LEGO Customer Support - I hope this works ...

Edited by mrq1975

All you people who didn't get your ARF trooper but got the poster are so lucky...I got my Power Functions motors, ARF Trooper but NOOOOO poster...a call to Customer Service is in order. :sceptic:

It's funny they are giving out the Boba Fett keychain as a substitute as these were on sale at the S@H for around half price...so kind of a cheezy substitute...

It's funny they are giving out the Boba Fett keychain as a substitute as these were on sale at the S@H for around half price...so kind of a cheezy substitute...

Is this the old Boba? I'll bet they're just trying to get rid of it so they can stock only new ones.

Is this the old Boba? I'll bet they're just trying to get rid of it so they can stock only new ones.

I received a response from Customer Service - that was quick, within the hour!

They will send me a Boba Fett keychain as a subsitute as well ... hmmm ...

Even though I received a notice that my Tantive IV was backordered, it shipped out on time (separate shipping package).

I received all items on the 9th as stated on my tracking information, though I got THREE boxes, not two as I was expecting.

The third box...the biggest of the bunch...contained a MASSIVE...umbrella! WTF? My entire order could have fit in that one box but, all it had was the new minifig umbrella and a HEAP of air packs to "fill it up".

Weird.

Got my ARF, too.

Coolest thing though: I got THREE posters. One in each box. :grin:

The more I read here the more disappointed I become in the way TLC handled this whole promotion.

From the 2 details that I saw on this promo, the ARF should have only gone out to customers who ordered Star wars sets to the required amount. Not sets from other themes, no wonder they ran out so fast! It clearly states that all the orders get the poster but only Star Wars purchases over the stated amount get the ARF! :hmpf_bad:

promo.jpg