dunamis

2nd Edition Collector's Book on the way

I picked up the first one in 2008 and looks like they have planned a second version of this for late April. Here is the text:

Lego Collector - 2. Edition

Expected publication date: April 2011.

- More then 800 pages.

- Bi-Lingual: german and english

- More then 6,500 displayed LEGO-Sets, nine sets per page.

- Chronologically ordered, from the first LEGO-sets in 1949 to 2011.

- Information per set: Number of parts, time of sale, contingents.

- LEGO keyrings as independent collection-area.

- Rating of 1 to 6 LEGO-bricks per Set.

- With Index.

- With an exclusive extra-insert!

ISBN: 9783935976-64-0

And a photo:

lego_2nd_edition.jpg

And the link to the website:

Website

Is the first one in color? The B&W photos on the cover make it look like it's B&W.

That looks like a fascinating book to own. I can think of a few family members I'd like to buy it for.

Is the first one in color? The B&W photos on the cover make it look like it's B&W.

That looks like a fascinating book to own. I can think of a few family members I'd like to buy it for.

Yes, the first one was in color. Here is a photo (not mine) of one of the pages:

3463272346_0722fae24a_z.jpg

Looks really cool... any idea how much it might be, and what the availability is? Is it published/sold by LEGO or a third party?

And, having never seen one before, what do the number of bricks indicate (they all seem to have six bricks with half filled in)?

And, having never seen one before, what do the number of bricks indicate (they all seem to have six bricks with half filled in)?

I think it's a rating from 1 to 6 of precisely how many bricks you would sh** if you found the set in your attic by surprise.

Looks really cool... any idea how much it might be, and what the availability is? Is it published/sold by LEGO or a third party?

I think it's the "collector's value". Determines how rare the set (in the book's opinion) is. :classic:

EDIT:

I think it's a rating from 1 to 6 of precisely how many bricks you would sh** if you found the set in your attic by surprise.

Let's not get too off-topic there! Information about what's going on in your restroom isn't really... uhm... you know what I mean. :wink:

Edited by Enpaz

I think it's the "collector's value". Determines how rare the set (in the book's opinion) is. :classic:

Well then it's definitely not a LEGO Group publication....

It's published by the German Fantasia Verlag publishing house. They do lots of independent price catalogues for collectibles, like figures from Kinder surprise eggs etc. So yeah, it's definitely not an official guide, but certainly there will be more sets in it than in the official Lego Book.

The publisher's website says it will be released on April 29 and cost 27,95 €.

This makes me so happy. I thought I would have to get it from here. I just recently heard of this book, and never saw it on sale in Canada anyway.

Exciting!!!

Let's hope they have corrected the large amount of errors from the first edition, so I can actually use it. This time I'll wait for some feedback before buying another duster.

Now there is more detailed information on the Fantasiaverlag GmbH website:

108_1.jpg

We are pleased to announce the release of the second edition of the LEGO Collector's Guide.

The new, improved and extended catalogue offers not only information about recently published LEGO sets, but also a lot of new information. The main focus is on the early years of the history of LEGO, and how the LEGO brick became what it is today. The catalogue offers detailed information about more than 9,000 LEGO sets on more than 900 pages.

Every copy of the LEGO Collector's Guide comes enclosed with an exclusive LEGO key ring, which is not available in other ways. The noble-looking packaging of the key ring turns this product into a true eye-catcher.

The price is set to be 27,95 EUR.

Here is the Link to the website.

While this is not a Lego publication, it still is endorsed by Lego as the first edition could be bought from S@H. The new edition appears to have 100 more pages (900 vs 800). The early years (pre-1958) data is a nice addition.

810003-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

LEGO® Collector’s Guide

Item #: 810003

50 years of LEGO® building in one incredible book!

Celebrate 50 years of the LEGO brick with the ultimate LEGO Collector’s Guide! This colorful commemorative book showcases nearly every LEGO set produced around the world since 1958, with photos, piece counts, rarity ratings, and other information. With about 800 pages and 8,000 color photographs of LEGO sets both classic and modern, it’s perfect for any LEGO fan! English and German text.

is this book will be available in lego shop like version 1?

anybody knows if this is going to be available in US?

I picked up the first one in 2008 and looks like they have planned a second version of this for late April. Here is the text:

Lego Collector - 2. Edition

Expected publication date: April 2011.

- More then 800 pages.

- Bi-Lingual: german and english

- More then 6,500 displayed LEGO-Sets, nine sets per page.

- Chronologically ordered, from the first LEGO-sets in 1949 to 2011.

- Information per set: Number of parts, time of sale, contingents.

- LEGO keyrings as independent collection-area.

- Rating of 1 to 6 LEGO-bricks per Set.

- With Index.

- With an exclusive extra-insert!

ISBN: 9783935976-64-0

And a photo:

lego_2nd_edition.jpg

And the link to the website:

Website

The website says the book has been postponed to 30 June. Let's hope this is the definite date... small publishers are often delayed, sometimes for years. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Miss Kyle

anybody knows if this is going to be available in US?

It better be available to U.S. through s@h otherwise I will... not do a dang thing except p**s and moan about it :laugh: Seriously, though I hope I don't have to go through the German sight to get is. I Imagine it is quite a heavy book and expensive to ship... I missed the first one and not about to pay $164 for it's paperback version :wacko: I really would like to have this one!