Bonaparte

CONTEST: Design a Direct-To-Consumer (D2C) set

I'm curious about the judging criteria. Will the entries be judged on the basis of conformity to the style of the official Lego DtC sets? Or will they be judged as MOCs entered into a contest by AFOLs?

A good MOC by an AFOL has nearly no chance of becoming an official Lego set, DtC or otherwise. So, the criteria for judging will greatly impact the stategy of the MOCing...

Steve

Steve, the goal of this contest is to create a D2C contest like LEGO would do. Judging is done by public vote but we'll encourage people in the voting thread to take this into account.

Is this comp open to new member?

I've asked about photo shopping already but it seems a few entries have added the LEGO logo and theme header to their entries is this ok as I had planned to do this but was under the impression it was not allowed.

The rules don't cover either of these topics so one would assume that it's ok. sorry to bring this up again Bonaparte but I feel it needs clarification. Cheers mate.

Is this comp open to new member?

Yes, to any member.

I've asked about photo shopping already but it seems a few entries have added the LEGO logo and theme header to their entries is this ok as I had planned to do this but was under the impression it was not allowed.

The rules don't cover either of these topics so one would assume that it's ok. sorry to bring this up again Bonaparte but I feel it needs clarification. Cheers mate.

Adding the logos is ok for me as long as it's not fully photoshopped with background and all.

Hey all, still hard at work with my entry, just wandering about the judging process. In the info about the contest it says a public vote, but what's to stop someone (god forbid) creating a hundred email addresses and a hundred eurobricks accounts and getting a bunch more votes? Maybe i'm just not understanding the process correctly or just being paranoid. Just thought I'd ask anyway.

Hey all, still hard at work with my entry, just wandering about the judging process. In the info about the contest it says a public vote, but what's to stop someone (god forbid) creating a hundred email addresses and a hundred eurobricks accounts and getting a bunch more votes? Maybe i'm just not understanding the process correctly or just being paranoid. Just thought I'd ask anyway.

Don't worry about the voting. Almost all EB contests are put to a public vote, and they're usually very fair. The staff have their own ways of telling if people are making seperate accounts to vote for themselves.

We always notice when something fishy is happening and are quite experienced in detecting cheating. Should this happen the entry involved will be disqualified. So encouraging your friends to vote for you, making ghost accounts, etc. will all result in disqualification.

I'm wondering how the photo limitation will affect the outcome of this contest. There's several outstanding entries that exceed the maximum limit of six photos in their respective topics. It'd be a shame if these entries would be disqualified because of that, but on the other hand, a rule is a rule.

Might want to give those who're breaking that rule a heads-up, though. :wink:

Anyway, I'm posting my entry tomorrow. It'll be tough to portray it in only six photos, but I'll try my best...

When it is within time, a warning will be given to all entries that they must be finalised within the rules. Anyone who isn't done by then will sadly be disqualified.

So, are composite pictures ok? If not, I'll happily change mine.

Steve

Could you use my second pic from my atlantis seafood entry for my voting pic? Thank you

So, are composite pictures ok? If not, I'll happily change mine.

Steve

Your question has been answered a few pages back, and the answer was no, composite pictures are not okay.

Would it be possible, if one won, to wait a while until some of the sets one wanted were released in the very near future (couple of weeks or so) on S@H? I'm sure a lot of people here like the thought of Alien Conquest, Cars, continuations of current themes etcetera.

Could you use my second pic from my atlantis seafood entry for my voting pic? Thank you

I think it would be easier for you to just edit your entry and put your second pic as your first.

I think it would be easier for you to just edit your entry and put your second pic as your first.

Yes. Never mind my request. I've edited my entry to meet the 6 pic rule.

Your question has been answered a few pages back, and the answer was no, composite pictures are not okay.

Sandy, could you quote that post? I recall that photoshopping a background wouldn't be OK, but don't recall that about composite shots.

Okay... :wacko: Here's your earlier reply to the issue of composite pictures.

Are we allowed to do "multi-up" images? or do they have to be a single shot per pic...and I'm guessing I can Photo Shop box art style?

Cheers in advance

Single shot per picture and no photo shop box art style for the six picture that are posted in the entry thread.

I want all contestants to have an equal chance in the votes based on their entry and not on their photo editing skills.

Okay... :wacko: Here's your earlier reply to the issue of composite pictures.

You are so right Sandy! I searched for 'composite' in this thread but didn't find it (it was written as multi-up). Again proof that my memory is fading fast after a few days...

Just to make sure I have the time zones correct for the deadline: the contest ends on Saturday 30th of April (CET 20:00), which in the US is on Saturday 4/30 morning at 11am pacific/1pm eastern, giving everyone who has yet to post just under 48 hours left to get things done. Is that right?

Just to make sure I have the time zones correct for the deadline: the contest ends on Saturday 30th of April (CET 20:00), which in the US is on Saturday 4/30 morning at 11am pacific/1pm eastern, giving everyone who has yet to post just under 48 hours left to get things done. Is that right?

Difficult question... I'm not so good with timezones. But an hour more or less won't matter much, as long as it's not a day later.

In roughly 12 hours the contest will close!

Make sure your entries are following the guidelines for max picture limit and max picture size.

Entry comin up now! Hope I'm not too late!

Technically you are a bit too late, but I was planning not to be super strict with the deadline so it's ok.