Ok my guess, new set pics of the 3 action themes, Pharoh's Quest, Atlantis and NinjaGo due to be released for end of this year or next year? :sceptic:

Or.

Which themes get the boot? My guess Atlantis as it's been running for 2 waves now and it's getting pretty boring IMO, NinjaGo seems to be doing pretty well from what my local toyshop tells me and Pharoh's Quest maybe a big flop? I'm not too sure, but I'd really like PQ to continue. :wacko:

Ok my guess, new set pics of the 3 action themes, Pharoh's Quest, Atlantis and NinjaGo due to be released for end of this year or next year? :sceptic:

Or.

Which themes get the boot? My guess Atlantis as it's been running for 2 waves now and it's getting pretty boring IMO, NinjaGo seems to be doing pretty well from what my local toyshop tells me and Pharoh's Quest maybe a big flop? I'm not too sure, but I'd really like PQ to continue. :wacko:

^Agreed.

TimeTwisters/ NinjaGo 2?

Choose your own adventure! I loved those books when I was a kid. Definitely got me interested in sci-fi/fantasy.

That's a good one. A bit of a riddle, Adventure themes, with question marks next to their respective minifigs, seems to ask, "which theme", or "which adventure?".

In any case, I smell a contest.

Having fun chaps and chapettes?

I have to say, there are a lot more than the regulars in today :grin:

Having fun chaps and chapettes?

I have to say, there are a lot more than the regulars in today :grin:

Since it's linked from the home page, some people might not even realize they're in the Action Themes subforum. :laugh:

Hm.

I don't know what it is! Many other people have already posted what I think makes sense. I personally think that the photo is referencing which theme will continue in 2012.

I think it has to be something more than this. Why put all the suspense and intrigue over some new pictures? Those are usually uncermoniously posted and then deleted in threads. It's got to be something more.

Which themes get the boot?

I don't think such a MOC for such a topic would warrant front page news.

I'm guessing its some kind of action theme contest or themed month they're getting everyone psyched up for?

Steve

Hum, other than the fact that the light-blue question mark is missing a 1x2 plate, I can only think of a bored administrator who had a day off and wanted to draw some more attention to the Action part of the forum... *huh*

Simple. Three question marks can only mean one thing. ISC is very curious about something :laugh:

I honestly have no clue, so I'm just gonna keep my reservations until something actually pops up.

Well, it definitely raises solid question marks... (mwhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!)

*groan* Good one!

Ooh, i do hope it's a building contest! Maybe like Iron Chef where ISC will whip off the cover from a giant podium covered with dark red, dark tan and light blue pieces, and then everyone can dive in and grab as much as they can for thier creations - well, i can dream, can't i? :wink:

Well, this is completely baffling...

I figured that I'd check to see whether any further hints were dropped elsewhere, and, as it turns out, I Scream Clone has this posted on his Flickr page. Reading the comments, I realize he has made a fatal error and revealed the answer to be 42! No, actually it means nothing, but he does confirm that it's a contest...with the biggest prize pools ever!!! I'd recommend checking that out for further clues at a some point. Also, he hopes that the story will unfold by this weekend, so not long for us to wait...

I really think that the "Choose Your Own Adventure" idea would be really cool, but I'm clueless. Only thing that I can deduce is an Adventure themed contest.

Further specifics may be: Color restrictions (ie: the Dark red, light blue, and tan), or maybe location restrictions (ie: sand, water, errrr...not sure what the red would be in this case though...)

Lots of Mystery surrounding this topic...

Can't wait to find out what it really means...

Edited by Cad Bane

I think that this means there are 3 upcoming themes with unique minifigs.

...and why are they all looking towards the blue question mark

Edited by bricked one

My preference would be that new sets for each of the three Action themes will be announced (particularly as I just got Scorpion Pyramid yesterday and have to say it was one of the msot beautiful sets I've ever seen), or even better that a new series of Fantasy-era Lego will be coming down the pipe (unlikely with Kingdoms only on its second wave).

Worst case scenario is same lame duck competition. :hmpf_bad:

Sounds like some pretty awesome competition is coming up, with "one of the biggest prize pools ever!" (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28773832@N08/5487504234/)

Perhaps you get to build something related to either theme, or make some funky cross-over creation (similar to the minifigure series 3 building contest). Imagine if LEGO would consider putting the winning MOC(s) into production! :oh:

...and why are they all looking towards the blue question mark

I don't think they're looking at the question mark, but now that you mention it, it looks like they're looking in a certain direction. Jake Raines and the diver are both looking up. Up at something big. default_laugh_new.gif

Confused, unsure of what it all means? Trying to decipher the clues? Does this picture actually mean anything?

5487504234_bfd3c825d6_z.jpg

All speculation can of course be posted here. Welcome to the mayhem Eurobrickers!

I think this is the answer to the "will the world end in 2012" theory and the only way to survive is eurobricks, you have the adventurer minifig that could possibly mean that the strong survive then followed by the question mark "will the strong survive?" next the atlantis minifig...well if the 2012 movie is anything to go by then we will all need our swimsuits "will we need swimsuits?" next is the skeleton...which will we could all turn out like if the world ends in 2012 "will we all end up like this?"

I think i'm really onto something here guys!

perhaps a "design your own collectible mini-figure" contest?

with 3 rounds? or 3 prizes? :wacko:

or, the mods are gonna give each of us 3 classic lego sets of our choice? :laugh:

My thought is that the picture doesn't mean anything and he just wanted to create mayhem default_devg1.gif. If so its working!

EverettYA

I have seen the future and those question marks mean nothing but trouble for us all!! I still can't get the image outta my head of what they did to those poor, poor minifigs... Why?!?!?!?

Eh - I got nothing...

I'm guessing that the contest either ends or begins on July fourth. I'm Guessing that the shading is off and the question marks are red, white, and blue.

I hope they give turkey sandwiches for prizes. I could go for a turkey sandwich.

I do understand that this is very much an international community, and I like it that way. Right now though, all I can really think of is turkey sandwiches.

Ahab out...

hmm, I think I have to agree Dream Team. It's a publicity stunt for the Action Themes forum. Everyone wants to make crazy assumptions based on nothing but a weird picture, the AFOL world in a nutshell. :tongue:

Id have to wager a new guess that this is just a teaser, hence the nameon his flickr, for a future moc competition coming this weekend.

I'll guess it's an Atlantis, Pharaoh's Quest, and NinjaGo MOC contest with the Laersk container or train as one prize, the Vladek's Dark Fortress (Dark red) as another, and the Scorpion's Pyramid? as the last.

Except for a few things:

This wouldn't be the biggest prize pool ever, (perhaps several copies of large sets are being given out)

it was light, not laersk, blue (maybe the Medieval Market Village),

and I'm probably the only one who bought, and inevitably took apart and lost, his/her Vladek's Dark Fortress. :hmpf_bad: The dark red could be Atlantis. The red color scheme plus the DARK depths of the ocean, or something.

-Santhor