thanks

DLuders, i think it looks more like a Lexus LFA , but i think i will modify it in a way that it looks good, and not to let it look like a specific Car. The grill is a point that must be modified, there is something not perfect.

beside the design i try currently a transaxle transmission.

104_8260.jpg_thumb.jpg

the shifting should work like my old version, which i had built before my darke ages.

dsci0006.jpg_thumb.jpg

sorry for the bad picture.

edit:

thanks for watching

Edited by efferman

want you more pics from the chassis or from the complete Car?

i have made some pics(75) and have uploaded it at Flickr and Brickshelf

I hope you find what you search

Edited by efferman

Those are some great modifications, I especially like the gear change linkage. All it really needs is a gate to help select gears properly.

i think i know what you mean, and you are right. selecting the gears is tricky. i should looking if there is enough space for a gear shifting gate.

I love the remote control shown in the mods here, so I've just ordered the car and a couple of bits to have a go myself.

Anyone know of a how to/guide? :sceptic: I have a vague idea already but its nice to have a guide. :sweet:

Thanks for the great review!

This really helped me on deciding whether to buy this model or not, and after reading this review I obviously had to get it!

I picked one up yesterday, here is a stop motion video I made of it being built for those who are interested:

was gonna go pick one up at a local Toys R Us last Friday, but i called and they said they didnt have anymore in stock, so i ended up ordering from their site since they had free shipping at the time.

should arrive by the middle of this week :D

This super car review is seriously dragging on ha.I really don't like this model but everyone to there own,the rear of that car must have been designed on a Monday morning job ha.

i am already reviewing the instructions and thinking of ways i can mod this car, i know what im gonna do with the engine, and maybe the front grille

@ Taiphun: You and other Canadians can buy the 8070 Lego Technic Supercar on the Shop.Lego.com website for CAD 154.99 . Or, you can go across the border :look: and get one for USD 119.99.

8070-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

@ Taiphun: You and other Canadians can buy the 8070 Lego Technic Supercar on the Shop.Lego.com website for CAD 154.99 . Or, you can go across the border :look: and get one for USD 119.99.

8070-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

It's a real OUTRAGE! USD and CAD dollars are nearly at par (i.e. 1$ USD = 1$ CAD) and Canadians still pay 30% more... almost all the technic sets are at this markup, I wonder why the prices are so inflated here...

It's a real OUTRAGE! USD and CAD dollars are nearly at par (i.e. 1$ USD = 1$ CAD) and Canadians still pay 30% more... almost all the technic sets are at this markup, I wonder why the prices are so inflated here...

Yep. It makes buying sets off Barnes and Noble seem like a deal, but it's a shame they don't stock Technic often. I've only ever managed to get 8053 there...

I've actually explored the option to use package forwarders but since TLG likes to pack their sets in unnecessary large boxes, buying from S@H at Canadian prices is sometimes cheaper.

The Australian dollar is US$1.0355 at the moment.

The RRP for the 8070 Supercar looks like it will be AU$199.99 when it is released in Australia. AU$199.99 = US$207.09. The 8070 has an RRP of US$119.99 in the United States. So the Australian price is 72.6% higher than the US price.

The same goes for the 8043 Excavator. Australian RRP = AU$349.99 (US$362.41). United States RRP = US$199.99. So the Australian price is 81.2% higher than the US price.

Some other smaller sets also have a higher mark-up than that. For example, the 8051 Motorbike. Australian RRP = AU$79.99 (US$82.83). United States RRP = US$39.99. So the Australia price is 107.1% higher than the US price.

So to all you Canadians, just be thankful you don't get the Australian prices!

Even though I paid a premium for it, my 8070 Supercar is in the mail at the moment - I hope to get it either today or tomorrow. This will be my first supercar since the 8865 Test Car (just before I went into my dark-ages), so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this.

Finally showed up on TRU.ca's web site, but it's out of stock.

Coincides with a 20% off Technic sale currently at TRU as well..

If I wasn't 5 hrs from the border, I would have done it already! :D

It is about a $35 difference. It'll cost me more than that in gas to drive down to the States. Might be worth it for a big Lego shopping trip but then there's the chance of duty and taxes on the way back. :cry_sad:

got my supercar delivered today, just finished it after 7 hours

loved the build process

got my supercar delivered today, just finished it after 7 hours

loved the build process

Stopped by the local TRU after work today, bingo! They had a Supercar for $123.57. :D

Today's the last day for their 20% Creator and Technic lines.. so I grabbed that and an Excavator.

i modified mine a little,

i do not care for an open hood, so i added some beams to close it off:

100_7401Medium.jpg

i also added a switch in the front seat to make opening and closing functions easier to use

100_7402Medium.jpg

The RRP for the 8070 Supercar looks like it will be AU$199.99 when it is released in Australia...

Even though I paid a premium for it, my 8070 Supercar is in the mail at the moment - I hope to get it either today or tomorrow. This will be my first supercar since the 8865 Test Car (just before I went into my dark-ages), so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this.

I thought I'd have to order one from overseas, but was in Big W last week and they had it on the shelf for $178. Needless to say I bought it on the spot. I haven't built it yet, but have opened the box and looked through the 3 instruction books, and I'm very excited about it.

This is also my first big car since the 8860 Car Chassis about 20 years ago.

Oh and I wholeheartedly agree about the horrendous price discrepancies. I used a freight forwarding company twice in the last fortnight in order to buy Lego in the USA while the Aussie dollar is so good.

modified mine a little more,

wanted a stripe effect, so i swapped out read beams with grey ones,

added a front ornament

4x1 flat right plate to the front for license plate

100_7406Medium.jpg

modified mine a little more,

wanted a stripe effect, so i swapped out read beams with grey ones,

added a front ornament

4x1 flat right plate to the front for license plate

I think this is a good idea, but it should look better if you mke the stripes only 1 stud wide (imo).

Maybe add some red beams at the back aswell?