MXLPT

MOC: NSB Di 4

Hi dear lego fans:-)

I am new here, My name is Oyvind and i'm 39 yo from Norway. Just 6 months ago i was hooked on this hobby again that in my childhood was a big addiction:-)

Now that i have a son 3 years old i can hide behind the excuse it's all for him, But you all know the truth.

Below is a link to my first MOC, a replica of the NSB (Norwegain State railways) Di 4.

Comments and suggestions are very welcome. Be Gentle:-) Its my first attempt:-)

Regards:-)

Look forward to participate with you all.

Really nice - it looks just like the real thing!

I adore your layout, by the way. I only wish I had that kind of space available to show off my collection...

I really like your model, very good selective compression and it really captures the features of the real thing well. I went to Norway last summer and travelled behind a Di4 from Åsen to Trondheim.

I also like your viaduct running in front of the poster of Norwegian landscape and the clock on your station.

Edited by talltim

Welcome MXLPT.

While your NSB train is really nice, your layout is magnificent. I enjoyed watching it pass through your town and tunnel. The aqueduct/bridge is really nice as well. Love all the details and the music is fitting for a relaxing train viewing.

Thanks for sharing here on Train Tech! I look forward to seeing more from you. :thumbup:

Below is a link to my first MOC, a replica of the NSB (Norwegain State railways) Di 4.

Hi MXLPT,

Welcome to Eurobricks,

I have a suggestion you might want to consider. The quality of images from Youtube isn't the best, so while it's good for showing off moving trains and layouts (your's is really nice by the way), it's not so good for seeing the details of MOCs. You might want to consider joining either Flickr (there's an active community of Lego train builders there too) or Brickshelf to host some static images, and then you could include a couple in your future EB posts. Read the tutorials and follow the guidelines for including images on Eurobricks, though as many new members get this wrong. It will allow better examination and better feedback if that's what you're after.

Your Moc looks good, though I'm not overly familiar with the prototype. It does remind me of an engine in the old Fleishmann catalog I have so I think you've done well.

Peter

Welcome 'MXLPT', what an introduction.....thank you for sharing you train layout...very nice indeed. :classic:

I look forward to seeing more of your work and Brick On 'MXLPT' ! :grin:

Thank you all for your generous comments. Really fun to hear, Inspiring:-)

Here's the link to my Youtube Channel with a few more videoes: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrMXLPT?feature=mhum

Thanks for the advice about flickr. Ill take some pictures from the building stage up til now later on and upload.

And i kneel in deep admiration to many of you here for your amazing builds. A lot of it leaves me speachless and awake at night thinking how can they come up with such great things:-)

Til next time, Keep brickin as you say:-)

Edited by MXLPT

Hello

Really cool trains and layouts. Im i from Norway too and try to build NSBs trains. I have buildt a DI2 and are working on a DI3. I would really like som more pictures of the "round nose" you have built. My mailadress are o.f.lid@online.no if you can send me any. Hilsen Øyvind

Hello

Really cool trains and layouts. Im i from Norway too and try to build NSBs trains. I have buildt a DI2 and are working on a DI3. I would really like som more pictures of the "round nose" you have built. My mailadress are o.f.lid@online.no if you can send me any. Hilsen Øyvind

Hei and hello:-)

Glad u liked it, Yes we have a lot of beautiful trains here that would be nice to try to duplicate in lego.

The round nose is build after instructions available on railbricks site.

I have a video of it on my youtube channel.

You have a link to your creations? Would love to see it.

Regards Øyvind here too;-)

I havent tryed so much in real life. Just in LDD. But you can se my first projekt in brikkelauget forum

Hi dear lego fans:-)

I am new here, My name is Oyvind and i'm 39 yo from Norway. Just 6 months ago i was hooked on this hobby again that in my childhood was a big addiction:-)

Now that i have a son 3 years old i can hide behind the excuse it's all for him, But you all know the truth.

Regards:-)

Look forward to participate with you all.

That's a great layout indeed! I think it's quite a huge achievement in just 6 months into the hobby! :thumbup:

What's your method of supplying yourself with bricks for trains-related MOCs from Norway?

Hi Øyvind :classic: Very nice Di 4, good details and welcome in the "club" who builds norwegian trains. I`m also "new" with building moc trains. Looking forward to see your next moc train... Are you a member of the norwegian Legoassociation Brikkelauget?

Edited by morty

Now that i have a son 3 years old i can hide behind the excuse it's all for him, But you all know the truth

Hi Øyvind!

Really nice train you have built and a really nice layout too.

I have a few things in common with you except that I'm not that good with trains (have just started after the RC trains), but my name is also Øyvind and I'm also from Norway. And since I'm from northern part of Norway (Tromsø too be precise) we do not have trains around here that I can look at, so I have to use pictures on the Internet for inspirations. And here yu came up with a lot of inspirations for me :)

Thanx for sharing!

(And as morty and other, I'm also a member on the Norwegian Brikkelauget LUG)

Fantastic layout.

Nice to see more people building Scandinavian trains,

Welcome to the "club".

Edited by Selander