IcedCOffee

Matrix APU

I only post one MOC since the opening of my account, and keep having problem to post picture in here

But I figure out it doesn't matter, I just want to share my stuff with all of you!.

The Lego version of the APU (Armored Personal Unit) used by Zion inside the movie.

5367109061_93bb141b8f_b.jpg

The basic structure came from SSA series and versatility has been improved to recreate the actual action of the APU

5367108009_7aaf7dd172_b.jpg

5367717610_10c69b8d79_b.jpg

Hope to share more MOC with all of you, see you guys around.

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/iced_coffee/

Please feel free to add me...

Edited by IcedCOffee

Excellent MOC IcedCOffee! I love the overall greebling details you've put in there, really makes the whole mech one mean fighting machine. I also like the chain piece that you used for the guns. Great piece of work! :thumbup:

Nice, love the arms. Maybe you could make a sentinel to go with it?

Excellent MOC IcedCOffee! I love the overall greebling details you've put in there, really makes the whole mech one mean fighting machine. I also like the chain piece that you used for the guns. Great piece of work! :thumbup:

Thank you! I am glad that you guys like it! Back in Hong Kong, there are not many sci-fi builder and lover, so, I hope to meet more new friends here to share my sci-fi MOC.

Nice, love the arms. Maybe you could make a sentinel to go with it?

I am seriously thinking about it, but i couldn't think of a good way to make those legs at the back...

I can't see a single Bionicle part in that mech. Purely awesome.

That's for sure, I didn't use any bionicle part at all. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Glad that you enjoy it!

Oh my goodness :wub:. This is superb, there are so many details that I didnt think would look fantastic. Lovely work :thumbup:.

Thanks, CB

Thank you! What I am trying to do is to recreate the details in this scale, I am glad that you guys can feel the details within this MOC

I have one question though...

What is CB?

Wow! This is simply amazing! Love it!

Well done! Very well done!

:wub:

Apart from the two black hoses and the chain, the biggest part seem to be the 1 x 4 tiles in the guns. :classic:

The guns for "joysticks" is a nice touch of double meaning! :laugh:

Great! Nice that you didn't use any Bionicle or Technic parts either. :classic:

I consider both the Pneumatic T's and the chains as Technic parts. Some would probably consider the ribbed silver hoses as Technic as well. :sceptic:

That's a hot model IcedCOffee! :grin:

Loving the expression of the guy and the sarge hair.

Very creative and elaborate use of parts, and congrats on the wonderful detail you've managed to fit into this small vehicle! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you for sharing with us IcedCoffee.

It is truly beautiful to see this Matrix APU being done in such great accuracy. :thumbup:

As a Matrix fan, and a LEGO fan, I must say that this is spectacular!

Very nice job, IcedCOffee! :laugh:

You've captured the APU perfectly!

Sweet! That is one heck of a busy build there, IcedCOffee! Such crazy detail and parts use, very cool! :thumbup:

A fantastic APU, it looks so greebled which just adds to the overall mechanical appearance nicely. Great choice of figure as well, spot on.

That's an awesome recreation! I love the pose, too. I almost feel like I'm back at the theater watching the APUs fire for 40 minutes straight.

The only very small suggestion I would make is that maybe you can elongate the ammo belts and plug them into the APUs back?

Ow, that looks really good! I like the movies and love the way you've built it.

Is it just me or are the large ammo packs on the back missing?

Also makes me image it awaiting a group of LEGO sentinels :p

Great creation IcedCOffee. I love how you made the different textures of your APU. It looks so real.

Great design, IcedCoffee. So much greebling and details, just like the machinery in the film. The guns and bullet chains are my favorite part, and the fig is easily recognizable too. Also, I'm not sure if the APC was like this in the movie, but perhaps a cage cockpit would add to the mass of this creation a little bit.

Anyways, always good to see a Matrix creation, thanks for sharing.

Reload!

I just love these type of models where you use tons of cool small elements and make a huge model. Good job I love it.